Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mejorar la calidad de la video llamada y mejorar la calidad de la voz ( es escucha mucho eco)

Mejorar la calidad de sonido como discord y la calidad de la videollamada

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add support for showing presenter view to presenter & slideshow to others

Need to have a presenter view support of Power point in the Teams.
    Presenter : should have screen with notes.
    Other members : should see the slideshow with animations.

As of now both presenter and the participants directly see the Slideshow.
    Another issue : if we directly choose any power point file. Other participants don't see the Animations in presentation.

Ideally presenter should see presenter view ; (to review his notes etc )
    Participants should see slideshow.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Mute and share screens button proximity

please move the share screen button AWAY FROM the mute button. I often accidentally hit the share screen when I mean to mute

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow excel sheets in teams to have all the same features as a regular excel spreadsheet.

Allow excel sheets in teams/files to have all the same features as a regular excel spreadsheet. For example, copy and paste features, high lighting text to edit or even having multiple different colors of text within a cell. All of those options gray out once you try to edit text within the cell.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shortcuts

Create shortcuts, mainly for mute/unmute, video on/off, show conversation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let us use ctrl+f to find keywords in native teams app

Use ctrl+f (or command+f on mac) within meeting notes, chats, embedded planner boards, and other teams pages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. User Friendly

I don’t find Teams user friendly enough. Icons of futures are way too small and the colour coding make them hard to find. Increase the size of al icons, and position the icons in areas easier to be seen from the users.
    Also a number of New users really struggle with the screen sharing as they don’t find the selection of the documents intuitive enough

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add the ability to right click to copy and paste in MS Teams

Presently there is no right click options for cut, paste, delete in Teams. Only keyboard options are used. CTRL C, CTRL V etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Whiteboard (with transparent background) over shared screen/application

We do a lot of software design, support and training via Teams. I would like to be able to draw over top of my screen/application share. Then save the whiteboard including the background (our application). Need some way to switch mouse control between the whiteboard and the screen share.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Single button to turn camera and microphone on and off

In meetings, out of courtesy and to preserve bandwidth, my colleagues and I mute our microphones and switch the camera off when not speaking. Please could we have a single button to do both things?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would to be able to open different windows in tabs

So if I decide to open a chat or current in a web meeting. I can open any other window and drag it to a tab. Almost like a web browser with tabs

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a volume slider for mobile devices — The set volume is far too high in my opinion

On certain devices like mine iPad, there is no way to adjust the volume for any meeting. The volume adjuster on the iPad from Apple does nothing to the volume on Teams. Please add a feature where users can change the volume according to how loud/quiet they want it. I notice others have the same issue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share audio on iPad for blind students

I support a blind student who uses an iPad to navigate his school work. We are using Microsoft Teams as a district during COVID. When we are working one to one he needs to be able to share his screen and audio in order for me to follow along with what VoiceOver is saying when he is being taught to help troubleshoot if he gets stuck in an app, online or during class meetings. When will this option become available for iPad?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Edit message using string substitution

Ran into this on Slack: I made a typo in a message--I had typed "Bpb" instead of "Bob". We're both software engineers so I immediately typed "s/Bpb/Bob/" (this is engineering-speak for "replace Bpb with Bob") and hit enter.

I was pleasantly surprised when instead of posting a new message it actually just edited my previous message and fixed the mistake!

This would be a wonderful feature for Teams chat. Much easier than hunting around for the "edit message" button.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ooooomg why cant i have mutiple windows open

ooooomg why cant i have mutiple windows open

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Put the Files tab in front of the Posts tab or at least allow this to be modified. It is super annoying and really kind of stupid.

Put the Files tab in front of the Posts tab or at least allow this to be modified. It is super annoying and really kind of stupid.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make web app first class citizen

When things work on Windows on desktop it should work elsewhere as well at least as good.

The web app is the most accessible interface to use Teams, but it is very half baked.

Desktop apps are a thing of the past, especially on Windows where there is not proper package management to update them easily.

Ideally Teams should be web first so that everyone can use new features when they arrive.

People with less demands and probably old people that think web app are weird can use the desktop client, those users probably don't care anyway.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it easier to play/pause, fast forward or rewind recordings

It would be nice if when reviewing a meeting that was recorded, I could tap twice on either side of the screen (much like in You-tube where you click twice to ff/rew 10 seconds). As it is, it difficult to go back and forth in a video with much precision.

If I just missed the last few words and want to go back, I have to try to scroll and watch the minutes at the bottom and try not to go back 5 minutes instead of the 5 seconds that I wanted. This means it's taking me twice as long…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. TAG Enhancements

1. When managing a TAG, there is the option to start a chat with the members of the tag. The initial name of the chat could be the TAG name

2. From the Posts tab, when overing over a tag there shoud also be there a link to create or join a tag chat

3. Create dynamic TAGs based on AD Attributes like Department

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show audio and video devices option directly near the audio and video icons

Show audio and video devices option directly near the audio and video icons

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base