Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sharing two screens at the same time

In a world with multiply side by side monitors, it would be nice to be able to share both monitors if the recipient also has 2 monitors to share across.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. similar to whats app pls implement the feature like double click over the comment for replying to exiting comment

similar to whats app pls implement the feature like double click over the comment for replying or for writing a continuation comment to the existing comment

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Screen Share needs dual monitors and Control feature not working

Screen share needs an option to show both screens simultaneously. Also during screen share, you may request control but the option to give access is greeted out and doesn’t work. The user sharing their screen should be able to give control and that feature does not work either.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. a selection of different fonts would be nice

Would be nice if we could choose different fonts to use while using Teams

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add keyboard shortcuts

Please introduce using keyboard shortcuts and menu options to be used with the keyboard (eg alt F for file) to the functionality. This is not available. Also when excell files are added under the file section the ommon keyboard functionality to acces the menu/format cells don 't work if I edit an excell file that is in microsoft tasks.

Since microsoft tasks is getting used more in the company I work for I'm exceeding the RSI related parameters almost every day.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change the order of the default tabs (chats, files, notes etc)

Make it possible to change the order of the default tabs so the tab files will be selected when I select anaother chanal

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to allow outside sound (from other apps or OS) during calls. Right now on call no other sound is allowed.

Right now if I am in a call, then the speakers are taken over by Teams and no other outside app is allowed to play sound. I can't find a setting or have any other way to change the behavior. To hear outside Teams app sound from other apps I have to leave the meeting or call. This is not acceptable, and other apps should be able to be heard for notifications or other noises while the teams call is going.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Focusing chat text box

By default all chat apps when opened on chat window have focus to start typing. I would love teams have that included at least as an option

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Planner buckets should use responsive design and shrink as you shrink browser width

Currently on web Teams Planner, adding 3 or 4 buckets will take lots of screen width and requires lots of horizontal scrolling. The buckets should shrink narrower when you shrinkbrowser width rather than show the horizontal scrollbar - very annoying to scroll all the time

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I need hashtag feautre. when can we have it?

I need hashtag feautre. when can we have it?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Saperate the Download and Delete button

Download is frequently used and clicked often then Delete, putting them together forces to pause for a second and think that one doesn't delete the file accidently. While I am building the muscle memory to do the daily task successfully but their close proximity is getting in the way.

Suggest to put the Delete way down in the menu.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hide new conversation text box after pushing "Reply" button

Many users posts new conversation even if they pushes "Reply button".

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add notification sounds! I activated every possible notification and unless I'm staring at my computer/phone/pad, I miss messages

Unless I'm staring at my computer/phone/pad I never know when I have a message for lack of notification sound! Very frustrating!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fully integrated High-Contrast Accessibility when opening files in Teams

You can make Microsoft Teams better by providing High-Contrast Accessibility support when opening documents within Teams.

Currently, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote files do not open in High Contrast. within Teams.

Selecting the Teams High-Contrast theme has no impact on this action.
    Additionally, Windows 10 High-Contrast settings can't be applied, as the action of opening documents is occurring within the Teams "shell".

Thanks,

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keyboard enter key not sending

On the IPad Pro when pressing the enter key on the external keyboard it makes a new line and doesn’t send the message. This is so annoying as I use Teams a lot and I have to touch the screen on every message to send instead of just pressing enter on the keyboard.
    I can’t see any settings to change this and all the other messaging apps work fine with the enter key.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notifications

There is no visual indication that you have any messages in "Teams", like Chats and Activities there is nothing there, you would have to click on the teams and then scroll through the possibly hundreds of "team" chats you are in. It is absolutely frustrating to have to continuously check that tab to find you missed a bunch of things.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. On chat, allow sizing of the columns for recent and activity.

Currently it is as if there is no "wrap text" on the speech balloons; resizing the entire window just cuts off the left edge of the chat, if you want to see the list of names at the left. Would like to be able to resize the chat side to fit in a narrower space, while maintaining the list of names.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customable fonts

Fonts should be changeable like skype. Because the default font is boring and annoying.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base