Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pin Most Used Folders to Teams window

pin a specific file folder from within a Team that you navigate to frequently under your Teams listed in the left side pane so you don't have to navigate through many folders in your Team to get to the one you use everyday.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add contact to group dialog

When I "Add a contact to this group" please put the cursor into the name field. I should be able to start typing the name as soon as the dialog appears. It's the ONLY field there. Neither of the buttons should be defaults, at least until there is a name in the field.
    Little frustrations are souring issues.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Font / text formatting should be provided with multiple options regarding choice of fonts and font colour

There are several limitations in present release of TEAMS regarding font selection and colour selection. These shall be provided with equal options as they were in SKYPE, if not more than SKYPE.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hotkeys for scrolling in chat (including jump to bottom)

There should be a way to control the scrolling of the chat window without using mouse - especially, when I scroll up, but a new message arrives, there's no way to quickly jump to bottom using keyboard.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Screen Share needs dual monitors and Control feature not working

Screen share needs an option to show both screens simultaneously. Also during screen share, you may request control but the option to give access is greeted out and doesn’t work. The user sharing their screen should be able to give control and that feature does not work either.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add keyboard shortcuts

Please introduce using keyboard shortcuts and menu options to be used with the keyboard (eg alt F for file) to the functionality. This is not available. Also when excell files are added under the file section the ommon keyboard functionality to acces the menu/format cells don 't work if I edit an excell file that is in microsoft tasks.

Since microsoft tasks is getting used more in the company I work for I'm exceeding the RSI related parameters almost every day.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adding a contact to lists

In right-context menu, add to favorites is accessible but not the other lists.
    Adding to a list pop-over should be ready for typing, a need to click before is unnecessary step.
    Suggest adding more contacts when a contact is added.
    Option to add the team as contact group.
    Option to have more then 20 conversations visible in active conversations.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. make planner more accessible through teams.

Best way to access planner right now is through browser window. planner is in the expandable menu for the teams app, and i get notifications through teams about unfinished or new tasks. but there's a degree of separation in the UI between me and accessing planner information. would be nice as a more integrated part of the teams app.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop Ctrl+Click on messages from highlighting all text.

When working I often want to copy some text from a message in teams, and do so the same way I would elsewhere; by highlighting a section of the text in the message, and hitting Ctrl+C

I habitually have the ctrl key already held down when highlighting, or at least, have begun to press it just before letting go of left click. Teams reads this as a ctrl+click on the message and highlights all the message text, including the author and timestamp. The whole thing happens so quickly that I end up copying the entire message without realising.

Please either…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple Monitors - Highlight desktop when selected

When you have multiple monitors, please highlight monitor when hovering over selection (to make it easier to know which monitor you are selecting).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Focusing chat text box

By default all chat apps when opened on chat window have focus to start typing. I would love teams have that included at least as an option

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Contacts in the chat has terrible GUI

I cannot drag and drop contacts between groups. There is no "move to group" option. I have to add a contact in one group and remove from the another. When adding new contacts a popup comes up where I type the name of the contact. This name field has no auto-focus... I have to click it every time and I can only add one contact per time... Organizing contacts is a nightmare.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve the interface

Hi there,

I'm using constantly Teams app and I think it's a good product but not as good as it can be.

I would like to ask you if there is anything in the loop of improving the interface/accessibility.

I always find the current interface not smart or intuitive as you my have to do multiple task in the same time such as: being in a call, taking notes, visualise a document; which if all are in Teams it's impossible to access all at once and currently there is no function of going back to a view from your previous…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Saperate the Download and Delete button

Download is frequently used and clicked often then Delete, putting them together forces to pause for a second and think that one doesn't delete the file accidently. While I am building the muscle memory to do the daily task successfully but their close proximity is getting in the way.

Suggest to put the Delete way down in the menu.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Combining calenders

I would like to be able to combine calenders/schedules from multiple location within the agency. Our company has multiple houses\locations that make it difficult to count hours when its seperated in the app.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the different content sharing options more clearly distinguishable

When sharing content, many users are finding the different options between desktop, window, and presentation difficult to distinguish - especially as they can be a little overwhelming in number! A window is often shared rather then the screen leading to confusion and delay. Please make the different sections much clearer either by making the option label clearer and/or by visually separating them out using tone and/or colour. Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Snyc files locally with OneDrive when joining Team

When you join a Team ask members / Owners if they want to snyc files locally with OneDrive.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Document view settings for page width or zoom

View settings for a document do not come up until after CTRL+ has been pressed.
    This means view controls for "page width" or "100%" or zoom are NOT available until after the UI has been zoomed.

Adobe and Chrome have a pop-up UI for these controls when hovering near the bottom center of a document... that would be helpful.

Also CTRL+{mouse scroll wheel} does not work.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Copy Last One Word when the sentence is long

Cannot copy the last word in numbers when the sentence is long.
    When the mouse is moving to the last word, the icons like this message and save message keeps popping out. Please see the attachment and please help to fix it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base