Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set Preferences

After using teams for a while, I have come across the same issue a multitude of times. I was just talking to one of the people on my Team, and we both agree there should be a way to set preferences for when you open Teams. Instead of it auto populating a jumble of tasks, we could set the filters to stay there always. As well as keeping the assigned bucket permanent. When switching from the "Team" tab to the "Chat" tab, it completely changes the setting and filters I had on there. It would definitely be more productive to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Do what slack does

Do what slack does

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. TEAMS startup

TEAMS starts up with cropped window size at the top. Please let it start with full screen. with space at the top it often keeps user confusing on which screen gets closed and minimized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to allow outside sound (from other apps or OS) during calls. Right now on call no other sound is allowed.

Right now if I am in a call, then the speakers are taken over by Teams and no other outside app is allowed to play sound. I can't find a setting or have any other way to change the behavior. To hear outside Teams app sound from other apps I have to leave the meeting or call. This is not acceptable, and other apps should be able to be heard for notifications or other noises while the teams call is going.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. contact list as separate side bar

skype has a nice contacts list sidebar, then when you text the person on there its a nice lil window... this is too clunky to have the chat attached continually to the contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please, can you add more than 15 conversations to keep it?

Hi,
    If you can add he number of conversations to stick will be really usefull

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Be able to move folder to another folder or to another place in MS TEAMS

Be able to move folder to another folder or to another place in MS TEAMS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. change to emoji UI

I and others at my location have expressed dislike for how the new emoji options in teams show up whenever you hover over any comment or post.

we feel that it would be much better to bring back the like button and make the emoji menue only apear when you hover over the like button.
    if more clarification is needed please let me know eaw_tem_jodub@office365support.co

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change Default Keyboard Shortcuts

Please consider adding an option for users to customize keyboard shortcuts to fit their preferences! (If I had a dollar for every time that I hit Enter instead of the [ ' ] key, thus sending a cryptically fragmented message...)

While there currently exists a discrepancy between pressing Enter to send and pressing Shift+Enter to start a new line, I believe many users would find it helpful to have to option of DISABLING the Enter to Send shortcut.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ocultar ao minimizar que nem o outlook

ocultar ao minimizar que nem o outlook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. By providing basic functions to teams

1 - please provide similar to Lync basic function to be able select all chat transcript at once and copy and paste anywhere. This is really extremely basic.

2 - please provide a function to be able to open separate chat Windows yof needed.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Call name

Hello, when you join a call in MS Team you don't see anymore the "title/name" of the call on top of the screen as it was when you are full screen. Could this be back?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. One of the hallmarks of Skype was logging in and sorting your contacts by online / offline.

I didn't know I was going to take a hit like this when I changed to teams. It's like I went from a Triple-A product to a C rated product. I don't like ANYTHING about teams I pretty much hate it and I want my Skype back. It's really difficult to navigate and 90% of the options are for only 5% of users. Make the 'extras' the hidden stuff and put the important stuff front and center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.