Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow excel sheets in teams to have all the same features as a regular excel spreadsheet.

Allow excel sheets in teams/files to have all the same features as a regular excel spreadsheet. For example, copy and paste features, high lighting text to edit or even having multiple different colors of text within a cell. All of those options gray out once you try to edit text within the cell.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. integrate sound controls with windows.

allow mute speakers and volume control from windows to be enabled. It appears separate. with no volume control/mute speaker possible

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Whiteboard (with transparent background) over shared screen/application

We do a lot of software design, support and training via Teams. I would like to be able to draw over top of my screen/application share. Then save the whiteboard including the background (our application). Need some way to switch mouse control between the whiteboard and the screen share.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to use documents side by side.

Able to view and edit more than one document side by side.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show mouse pointer of all participants in a meeting

On an meeting, should have a option to show all participants mouse pointer. Because we need to give the control to show the mouse... and take time. I would like to have a option to auto show the participants mouse

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AppleScript for Mute, or global shortcut on MacOS for Mute/Unmute

Regardless of the whether Microsoft Teams is the frontmost application or not, I would like to be able to have a global keyboard shortcut or a Touchbar icon for Mute/Unmute.

In a normal MacOS app, I could use UI automation to add such a button, but because Teams is an Electron app, the UI automation is a bit more challenging.

Here is what I suggest to make this easy. Create a "Meeting" top level menu item when one is in a call. In this menu add the items from the magic tool that shows on hover. This would be: Start/stop…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use the Menu Bar

Seriously? I have to type a command into a search box to do something? How 1950's is that?

Why aren't all of these "/" commands in the existing menu bar?

The existing menu bar isn't been utilized at all.

Sure, "Teams" is cross platform. Doesn't every platform have a menu bar, or equivalent? Well, okay. Maybe not a phone. But being UI agnostic shouldn't mean UI ignorant. Separate the engine from the UI, and allow the disparate UI's to make use of what is already available on the given platform.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow live captions to work during screen sharing

I was part of a "Accessibility in Teams and Immersive Reader for All" live training and the live captions did not work. The moderator told me it was because the person was going to be screen sharing.
    I tried it later myself and they were right, it doesn't work, at least from the hosts side. I didn't have anyone else on with me.
    They still could have had the captions on when they weren't screen sharing...
    I have multiple Deaf and Hard of Hearing coworkers as well as D/HH students who could benefit from this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it easier to play/pause, fast forward or rewind recordings

It would be nice if when reviewing a meeting that was recorded, I could tap twice on either side of the screen (much like in You-tube where you click twice to ff/rew 10 seconds). As it is, it difficult to go back and forth in a video with much precision.

If I just missed the last few words and want to go back, I have to try to scroll and watch the minutes at the bottom and try not to go back 5 minutes instead of the 5 seconds that I wanted. This means it's taking me twice as long…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please make the ability to have different chats different font colors.

Please give us the ability to make different chat channels/tabs have different colors. I am constantly typing in the wrong chat, and a quick visual reminder would be nice :) .

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. creating a "search box" (i.e. Ctrl + F) within myteams.

make it easier to search for keywords in case you need to go back and check on something. you know like, excel ctrl+f.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mutiple instances of teams so I cam work in more than one window.

Mutiple instances of teams so I cam work in more than one window.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability for several accounts

To be able to use more than one account on the application on the computer. It works on the app on the phone and iPad, but not on the app for the computer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show all assignmenta when you click the assignments bar

Right now when you click on assignments you could only pick one class to see the assignments for. There should be an option to pick multi classes and see the assignments for those classes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Menu docking

Would it be possible to dock the menu to either side of the screen in order to have it easily available

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add a border to surround the main window for ease of use

add a border to surround the main window for ease of use. I have difficulty finding the "edge" of the window for resizing

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keyboard shortcut to mute microphone = M not Ctrl-Shift-M

Please follow Slack and make "M" mute microphone instead of Ctrl-Shift-M.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Meeting Chat needs to show when others are typing (hearing impaired)

While in a meeting, you cannot tell when others are typing. This is a problem when scheduling meetings with hearing impaired attendees who rely on chat to communicate (we are constantly typing over each other since we cannot tell when someone else is working on a response).
    Teams does do this when a direct chat is setup between two people, but not in meetings.

Please show when attendees are typing so we can use meetings with chat to effectively include hearing impaired attendees.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pinned Channels - Increase Bold Font When There are New Messages

Pinned channels with new messages appear to be slightly bold, but with the dark theme it's hard to tell which channels are bold (have new messages) and which are not.

Please make the pinned channels with new messages even more bold than pinned channels with no new messages.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better Formatting Tools Especially For Table

Hi,
    I'd like to have more formatting options especially for tables.

Currently it is not possible to set the alignment in table cells, which is something really useful when sharing tabbed data.

What is weird is that sometimes when pasting tables from Excel text alignment is retained, while sometimes not (or I'm not able to copy/paste it properly).

It would be really useful to improve how tables area dealt overall:
    1. Possibility to change cell aligntment
    2. Possibility to change cell shading
    3. Possibility to customize borders
    4. Possibility to select entire rows and columns to change formatting at once

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base