Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Making uservoice linked to Office 365 account

It would be amazing if the main feedback platform provided more integration with the Office 365 platform itself. This would increase the participation rate of these items and may provide valuable data to link with the in-app new release feedback hub.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Cursor location when entering Korean into chat window.

When you type Korean into the chat window, the cursor is displayed in front of the letter. Usually, the cursor is entered after the letter, and this improvement is required when entering Korean.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve presentation of files in Teams

1) Every time I want to find a file, I have to resort the list on its name; and each time I return to the list, it has resorted by the time modified. This is an unnecessary and irksome step. The last sort order should be preserved when returning to the files list.

2) The system sorts numbers in the file name as if they were alphabetic, so that 16 comes before 2 or any number starting with a numeral larger than 1. This may be unavoidable -- the same problem occurs in other programs, but it would be nice…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 'User has switched to Skype for Business'... Ability to close this

'User has switched to Skype for Business. Start a new chat.' Put an 'X' on this so I can close out of it. It's just always there. Why?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Document view settings for page width or zoom

View settings for a document do not come up until after CTRL+ has been pressed.
    This means view controls for "page width" or "100%" or zoom are NOT available until after the UI has been zoomed.

Adobe and Chrome have a pop-up UI for these controls when hovering near the bottom center of a document... that would be helpful.

Also CTRL+{mouse scroll wheel} does not work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Messages are not updated. I m not getting notifications about chats and messages. Every time I have to open up the application for update

Messages are not updated regularly. I m not getting notifications about chats and messages. I have to open up the application for new messages and chats everytime.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cosas

Aplicación lenta. Diferenciar tipos de archivos. No hay diferencia entre responder y escribir un nuevo mensaje. El árbol de grupos mal. Enlaces a otras plataformas

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Personal tools visible at all times

Would it be possible to make the personal tools (Planner, Wiki, and other apps) visible at all times? Currently they are hidden behind the Three dots -menu and it's kind of frustrating to always have to click it open so you can access your Planner for instance.

There is plenty of room to have them visible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make purchasing Audio Conferencing more easy to find & direct + Improve Navigation in General

Having too difficult of a time trying to acquire Audio/Dial-in Conferencing through the admin portal. I clicked 2 links during my navigation, both stating in some way that I would be able to purchase the add-on through the link just to open some **** search window with no information on how to do so. Even if I put into the search what it is that I am trying to do I still come up with little-to-nothing in terms of what to do. I've been at this for 3 days now. The first day and a half was spent trying to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. removal of program

a button to make this irritating program that i dont use stop auto opening and constantly getting in my way

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Paramétrer l'onglet d'accueil par défaut

Ce serait top de pouvoir choisir via les paramètres (en particulier sur l'application mobile), quel onglet s'ouvre par défaut au lancement de l'application.
    Actuellement l'application s'ouvre systématiquement sur "Activité", mais je préférerais "Convers." par exemple.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improvements:

--Put a border around, to differentiate from other windows we have open;
    --ability to increase sound when we receive msgs; cannot hear that popcorn ping sound if there is any background noise.
    --automatically follow a team; we wouldn't have created it unless we wanted to follow it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. edit

Comments need to be able to edit or deleted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scroll bars visibility in windows, e-mail etc

Not all changes are good or required! The old scroll bars in windows were better as they had good contrast in comparison with windows colour and were visible all the time even colours adjustable by user. The new one make me feel like blind person who have to move their white stick forward to find their way forward! The bars are too thin in grey colour almost the same as colour of the window.

I feel somebody who designed them did not have a clue!! It is sad that something what was designed by young may be too enthusiastic person…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let me write on turned in assignment, please!

Would be more user friendly if I could write comments on a turned in assignment while I grade it, as I can do with a paper assignment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Password updates never work.

Whenever my password changes and I'm required to enter it on my phone to gain access to teams, you send the code to my phone, I enter it it doesn't update. Try it over and over again and I can never gain access to teams. Have to do it at least seven or eight times before I can finally gained access. Password is correct it's not that. It's the fact that your app is somehow not registering that I've entered the code and it just keeps making me really enter my password again and the code over and over. Please

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. full featured ios client

Please have the iOS version come choser to the desktop version.

That would grately improve the mobility and productivity. Perhaps that’s only “doable” on the iPad version but still that would go a long way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Confirm application close with a "Are you sure" dialogue box option. Configurable in Settings.

Provide an option, through Settings, to prompt before closing the application. It is all too easy, through habit, to click the "X" in the upper right hand corner to close a function but to instead close the entire application

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)