Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Calendar view in Shifts

Currently there is only a people view and a shift view. This means to print off a monthly schedule for quick referencing I am automatically stuck in having the dates above the shifts instead of the shifts overlaying a monthly calendar. It would be helpful if this could be appropriated into a calendar format for printing without the necessary step of reformatting with Excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow it to pop up on your screen when a message is received

I cannot tell if someone has messaged me it is too hard to see the notification in my task bar. Can I not set it to where it pops up on my screen when a message is received?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can you please allow for auto capitalization?

Can teams just automate capital letters? We are in 2020.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better Formatting Tools Especially For Table

Hi,
    I'd like to have more formatting options especially for tables.

Currently it is not possible to set the alignment in table cells, which is something really useful when sharing tabbed data.

What is weird is that sometimes when pasting tables from Excel text alignment is retained, while sometimes not (or I'm not able to copy/paste it properly).

It would be really useful to improve how tables area dealt overall:
    1. Possibility to change cell aligntment
    2. Possibility to change cell shading
    3. Possibility to customize borders
    4. Possibility to select entire rows and columns to change formatting at once

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search

Hi
    I find that current keyword search feature do not allow search within a conversation window, but it return results from all conversation window.

For example, when I want to search "abc" in the conversation with member A, it return all "abc" results in every conversation window. This is very frustrating as I need to filter out my own one by one

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow user to change persistent chat sort order

Teams persistent chat sort order

Allow the user to change the sort order of TEAMS persistent chat, so that the newest posts are displayed on top - and not as now downwards. (You have said you already have this, but you don't for the peristent chat posts within a Team).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Desktop interface

Our team sometimes accidentally starts new topics on the teams desktop app.
    The ‘reply’ and ’start new thread’ boxes are very close to each other, and are sometimes mixed up.
    What should have been a reply is a new thread in those cases.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Alphabatize Teams / Allow Search for Teams

Cant search or filter teams when I have over 200 Teams needed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please put back right click "Open in Desktop App" option.

The latest update removed the "Open in Desktop App" from the the right click options. Please put it back!!!

So much time wasted in moving the mouse. The right click was simple easy to use. I've spent 2 days trying to adjust to this change.

Just put it back!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Being able to get rid of converstions.

It is so hard to manage all the chats that are on the side, easy to 'hide', hard to delete. IF there is a delete button, someone please do tell where.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Changing accesability for different channels in one Team

Hello,
    We created Team with nine channels. Every channel is responsible for one team of employees. We need to track ideas from different sites, so everyone can add own idea in their channel. I imagine that everyone from each team of employees can going into different channel (responsible for different team of employees) and can view the ideas from other sites. However I'am afraid of the situation that when many people have access for different channel, they can modify ideas from other sites, and administrators can not to track it. I'd like to set following setup: administrators of channel can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dragon Naturally Speaking

Better integration with Dragon Naturally Speaking software. Since my company upgraded from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams I have lost the ability to be directly into Teams using the voice-to-text software Dragon Naturally Speaking, and rather it requires a cumbersome pop-up box. Skype for Business did not have this problem and worked just the same as Word, Excel, Outlook, Chrome, etc. Teams has lost its ability

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve how to interact from multiple devices when using hearing aids.

If I start a chat on the PC, then start a call in that chat from my phone. Then a participant starts screen sharing, the screen sharing only goes to the phone. How do I connect to that screen sharing from my PC? If I click the phone in the PC chat, it starts an entirely different call. In general, you need to design this around a set of use cases where the hearing aids are ALWAYS connected to the phone but the person still needs to work all day using the PC as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disclaimer for live captions

Ability to display a "disclaimer" for when a user turns on Live Captions in a Teams Meeting. Our employee relations department requested this feature to ensure users know that it's possible that the Live Captions are not always 100% accurate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. About guest access in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のゲスト アクセスについて
    About guest access in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    自テナントで Microsoft Teams のゲスト アクセスを無効にしているとき、ゲストとして招待された別テナントへのアクセスを制御する機能を追加してほしい。
    I would like to add an ability to control the guest access to other tenants when that guest access is disable on personal tenant in Microsoft Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keyboard Shortcuts should be moved to the Help tab

In nearly every piece of software I've used, if the software supports a keyboard shortcuts list, it is accessed within the Help tab. It seems quite strange to place the keyboard shortcuts list within the user icon, where I would expect only to find user-specific information. The only way I can rationalize this decision is if there are user-specific keyboard shortcuts that be created.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base