Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sharepoint task

Connection to a task list in sharepoint online

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add Full Learning Tools to Teams

Being able to use the full accessibility functions of the Learning Tools is a must for ELs and other special populations. The appeal of Teams is not having to login to multiple platforms. Please add full functioning Learning Tools to Teams including the picture dictionary.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. open files context menu from search result to determine the channel it is in.

I would like to see the ability to open files from the search result and see where the original section is / files folder is.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Should be able to access all the media (video, images) , document and links that has been shared amongst the chat/channel

Just like whatsapp, when user clicks on a particular chat or channel, there should be provision to access the medua, documents and links shared in that chat or channel.

Its easier to keep track of items that were shared in specific groups.

Favouriting is not easy.

Its really troublesome for me too look for links, images, documents etc .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Simple Text Editor

I would like to be able to post code files to the conversations and teams in which I am active in Teams at Fannie Mae Analytics. Right now we can host a bitbucket website as a tab to be able to view the code, but if I want to share some adhoc code to Teams it is too annoying to have to view online or to have to download and view locally. A simple plaintext viewer with syntax highlighting for major programming languages would be great. This does not have to become a full-fledged notepad++ or anything as we would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cannot access Teams , everything else works good, we can access other MS online apps without any issue

Cannot access Teams , everything else works good, we can access other MS online apps without any issue

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Error - Can't see content

I have been invited to a Team by Microsoft. While my colleagues can see the channel and content I can't see anything.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Navigate to date

It is very often necessary to view the history of messages on a specific date. then what you need to scroll with a mouse is just killing the brain

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 更新後自動的に再起動をするかしないか選ばせて欲しい

どうしても再起動してほしくないタイミングというのもあります。
    自動的に再起動するかどうかは設定で選ばせてください。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to see all my channels in alpha order every time I log in. How do I do that?

I do not like that I have to constantly click on "other channels" and that the ones that stay up all the time are not the ones I need!
    I have tons of room on my screen so why does the list truncate?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 保存済みの各種項目を押した後、すぐに詳細表示が出てこない

現状、一覧がサマリーだけなので、内容を全部みるには保存したリストから見たいモノを押下する必要がある。せめてキャッシュしているものはすぐに出てほしいし、会話に遷移する必要は無いのだが・・・
    実際に押下すると、該当の会話位置の近い所に遷移はするものの、すぐには出てこない。
    かなり待つと出てくるので、サーバーに取りに行っているのだろうが。。

問題は、どれだけ待てばいいのか、そもそもエラーなのかユーザーが知る由もないというところかと。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Suphatra, Please make Teams capable of sending secure texts to anyone. Please partition users/company documents.

Teams will absolutely take off if you partition company documents and communications and allow the application to be used for regular texts away from the work place.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mute icon should be in red when muted, so its distinguished on the mic status clearly.

Mute icon should be in red when muted, so its distinguished on the mic status clearly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. screen shot photo

Have the ability to take a screen shot photo

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams for home use, not for business

i would ove to be able to have my mom get access to teams on her home computer. Thank You. i love teams

Microsoft Working on Microsoft Teams for Life Personal Edition

https://winbuzzer.com/2019/06/04/microsoft-working-on-microsoft-teams-for-life-personal-edition-xcxwbn/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create the ability to pop-out a different windowns for a specific chat, to see both at the same time

Create the ability to pop-out a different windowns for a specific chat, to see both at the same time. Right now you have to switch between chats to see a specific file that in a tab inside a specific chat and then go back to the previous. If you could have both windows open at the same time, you wouldn't need to go back and forth between groups.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Meeting Chat needs to show when others are typing (hearing impaired)

While in a meeting, you cannot tell when others are typing. This is a problem when scheduling meetings with hearing impaired attendees who rely on chat to communicate (we are constantly typing over each other since we cannot tell when someone else is working on a response).
    Teams does do this when a direct chat is setup between two people, but not in meetings.

Please show when attendees are typing so we can use meetings with chat to effectively include hearing impaired attendees.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Different chat colors for each user in a group

I would like to see different background chat color for each user in a group so that I can quickly know who is saying it. This will be helpful in longer conversations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As a user, I need to change font size and type, so I can use the tools with my vision impairment and dyslexia disorder

As a user, I need to change font size and type, so I can use the tools with my vision impairment and dyslexia disorder

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base