Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide different colors for various status options

Provide more colors for various status options that already exist. (ex. purple "in a call", black "presenting", orange "be right back", pink "busy")

I think this would be of great benefit to the program because red is used for several different status's and this is very confusing.

So come on, Guys!!! Surely with a whole rainbow spectrum of color to choose from you can add a few more, right?! .

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Delete our recorded video's

So i recorded accidently my video conference, it is shared in the chat and i can't delete it. There is not more options for the recorded video's ☹☹

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pinned Channels - Increase Bold Font When There are New Messages

Pinned channels with new messages appear to be slightly bold, but with the dark theme it's hard to tell which channels are bold (have new messages) and which are not.

Please make the pinned channels with new messages even more bold than pinned channels with no new messages.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. increase font size of incoming messages

To be able to increase font size on incoming messages not just having to zoom in the app which increases the ui as well making the app take up to much space.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove Wiki Tab

Two items here. Firstly, this completed item did not fix the problem "https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/19002007-wiki-tab-can-be-removed"

Secondly, originally there was no wiki default. It was OneNote. Please allow us to change the default or put it back to OneNote.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add search bar in chat window

There should be search option in chat screen so that we can search for things

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make the screen smaller

This is a poor excuse for a replacement for Skype for business. The real estate that it takes up on my monitor is not acceptable. I think a smaller interface ort one that can be adjusted to fi a users needs and also the ability to remove older messages. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO US?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a shortcut key to use Immersive Reader. So it is easier with those with impaired sight to be able to turn it on

Create a shortcut key to use Immersive Reader. So it is easier with those with impaired sight to be able to turn it on

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow user to change theme.

Allow user to change theme just like in any other MS Office program. White screen is too bright and purple color is annoying.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow us to opt out of the automatic hiding of teams. It keeps hiding the team I use the most!

Provide an option where you can turn off the automatic hiding of teams that haven't been used in a while. The current algorithm has a glitch and it is hiding the Team I use the most. I have to "show" it every day!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. home button

There should be a "home page" that opens up when you first open the app. It should have any announcements, notifications of anything you need to look at, etc. You should be able to click a "home" button to go to the home page instead of having to click on the icons on the left to move out of the current category you're in. For example, if I am done in the "teams" category, I should not have to click on another icon such as "chat" to get back. There should just be a "home" button.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Yealink Microsoft Teams Display Settings

If you have time, may you please provide the ability for an end user to adjust their screen size for text and icons when using a Yealink T58A Microsoft Teams desk telephone as an accessibility option?

Thank you very much.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. minimize drop-down arrows won't stay minimized upon returning to tab

In Chat, I have several groups created with multiple people under each. Every time I need to minimize EACH tab because the lists are so long and I can't easily find who I'm looking quickly. However, if I should need to go to another tab within Teams, everything has gone back to the original extended layout and I'm back at square one. Can we get the minimize drop down arrows to stick please?!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom color options for meeting tools overlay (Enter full screen, Meeting Notes, etc.)

The colors of the overlay icons for the meeting tools can be difficult to see when certain content is shared. Provide an option in Teams to customize the color and contrast of the overlay tools.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to arrange icons on desktop

The ability to arrange the icons of apps on the left-hand side

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. RSS Connector name and Favicon added to title of post

We have various suppliers RSS feeds going into a Channel for operations \ technical teams to be aware of outages of platforms. However, unlike webhooks these all get posted into the Channel with a title of RSS.

It would be more useful if the name of the RSS feed, which you've got to add "Enter a name for your RSS connection." when you configure it would be used instead.

It would also be great if for a Webhook or RSS feed, it pulled and used the websites Favicon.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create a "saved bookmarks" icon on the left along with Activities, etc.

We use bookmarks a lot to make sure we don't miss stuff we want to follow up on. We can access all of our bookmarks under our profile, but it would be far more convenient if we could access it with one click. My suggestion is that there should be a bookmarks icon along the left bar where Activity, Teams, etc. are located.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it accessible! Accessibility is NOT a vote feature its regulatory.

Make it accessible! Accessibility is NOT a vote feature its regulatory requirement.
    This is because it would never get enough votes to get added otherwise.
    Stop the discrimination, enhance your product.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow live captions to be used in the 'Make a Call' feature, not just when you schedule meetings

Allow the option to select live captions at all times. Currently, you can only select live captions during scheduled meetings with others. We should be able to use the live captions option whether it's a meeting or an unscheduled call.

Also thanks for the update of showing who is speaking with the captions in meetings. it's very helpful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base