Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option for Caps Lock at the beggining of the sentence.

It lacks the option for having Caps Lock at the beggining of each sentence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Code snippet window closes on hitting esc key without confirm dialog

When adding code to the snippet editor and hit cancel there is a confirmation dialog asking the user

"Are you sure you want to close without saving your changes?"

This dialog doesn't show up when the user is hitting the escape key and all changes will get lost!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be good if the desktop application supported tabs so we can have multiple screens open at the same time.

I spend a lot of time navigating in and out of various Teams apps and screens, especially between say a document and a conversation. The ability to have these open at the same time would be much more efficient. A tab created at the top like in a web browser for each app/window/document would work well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams is really hard to use for visually impaired

Teams is quite difficult to see with bad contrast ratios and excessively small texts not obeying device settings.

I also find i can not zoom images.

This page is an example itself of poorly accessible applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More easily open chat

Double click the name to open a chat with someone. or at least move Chat from under the ... menu.

its the main function of the system. why is it hidden?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Table of Content links don't work in RStudio html notebooks

Table of content navigation links in RStudio html notebooks do not work. I assume that Jupyter notebooks would have the same problem. If you cannot support the functionality directly, open the notebooks in a browser that will!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adding Tabulation system on Teams Software

Hi Team,

Can you please add a tabulation system on Teams on the down of the screen. It's really long to naviguate in differents sections or projects without this.

It should be faster and more easy to have this possibility. ( like web browsers )

Thanks for your help.

Regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. see images, jpeg, png, etc., at all times

I want to see images, jpeg, png, etc., as tiles, small, medium, large, at all times, without having to open Teams in a browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open the command bar by using CTRL+SHIFT+P like in VSCode

VSCode has CTRL+SHIFT+P as its 'allmighty' shortkey. As a keyboard warrior making my co-workers crazy with my Cherry MX-Blue switches I'd love to keep the consistency, please open the command bar in MS Teams as well with CTRL+SHIFT+P!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 90 Grad Drehung

Es ist möglich in der Teams App das Handy um 90 Grad zu drehen und im Querformat auf dem Handy zu schreiben

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. grammarly word corrector

Grammarly word corrector

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support window custimizations

I would like to be able to customize the Teams window. What I've been struggling with the most is that I cannot resize the width of the Wiki page column. I am using the wiki for team notes on certain issues used in my orginization. We use one page for each issue, referenced to a specific format (e.g. ABC-123). As of now, this format takes up most of the title preview, so we cannot get a good overview of the contents of each page.

Example:
    The previw of the title "ABC-123: Plan for the new realease of product XYZ." might…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it possible for MS Teams to learn words like most other applications so that if I get a word underlined as misspelled I can add it.

Skype for Business and other tools offered the ability to learn words which weren't in the standard dictionary. MS Temas doesn't offer that option. It would be even better if MS Teams could use the same personal dictionary as Office so that I don't have to add words (like people's names) multiple times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove the back and forward buttons

The existing back and forward buttons don't seem to provide a lot of value. I suggest they be removed.

They can actually remove state from the client app! For example, clicking the back button a bunch of times will remove recently added contacts from the Chat pane.

Adding hotkey popups when you press Ctrl or Alt would expose that you can in fact quickly move from pane to pane, without having to click Back/Forward a bunch of times.

Another option might be enabling Ctrl-Tab to switch between the last two active panes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Inking on Assignments in Teams

It would be great if we could use our Stylus to ink directly on a students work that has been submitted in TEAMS. Currently I use the highlight option to show student errors but it would be great if I could be a bit more clear about what is needing improvement. I like the idea of online marking, but it is limiting compared to editing a students printed page. Use of the stylus would override this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copiar e colar

Quando tento copiar uma mensagem para depois colar, ao passar o mouse em cima da mensagem, aparece as opções "Salvar" e "curtir" e o texto "some" da tela, impossibilitando Marcar o texto para copiar. Arrumem isso por favor.
    Veja no print que recebi um CPF, mas quando coloquei o Mouse, o resto da mensagem sumiu e não consegui copiar e colar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More visible warnings on desktops

We used business Skype before I always saw the warnings it’s clear and the my dint go away until you answer. With team I always miss them. It reminds me of slack- not great

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Jj

Jj

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)