Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change Default Keyboard Shortcuts

Please consider adding an option for users to customize keyboard shortcuts to fit their preferences! (If I had a dollar for every time that I hit Enter instead of the [ ' ] key, thus sending a cryptically fragmented message...)

While there currently exists a discrepancy between pressing Enter to send and pressing Shift+Enter to start a new line, I believe many users would find it helpful to have to option of DISABLING the Enter to Send shortcut.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please make the group conversation like the private conversation.

The group/team conversation really messy unlike the private conversation that i know which one is a reply and which one is sent by me. And we don't need that reply button below every messages sent. It will make users prone to misclick and looks annoying.

Make it much much simpler like Whatsapp did.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. make it possible for a legacy Skype user to transfer all Skype contacts and handles to Microsoft Teams with a single click.

Also, make it possible for a MS Teams users to easily connect another user to video chat without having to register the other user as a contact in MS Teams. Needs to be as simple as FaceTime or using GoToMeeting, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Possibility to choose administration of channel access rights in teams site settings

Possibility to choose administration of channel access rights in teams group settings. Currently, all in a teams site has same access to files etc. The only chance now is to have multiple Teams sites with different audience to manage access rights.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Return the double like

Hey there Teams! I really love the new reaction update you've implemented!

It makes it very easy to react with the angry face because you've also gotten rid of the ability to spam like posts which was a major quality of your program.

Bill gates will be hearing about this

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Citar

No se puede citar un texto de una conversacion como en Skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Contacts in the chat has terrible GUI

I cannot drag and drop contacts between groups. There is no "move to group" option. I have to add a contact in one group and remove from the another. When adding new contacts a popup comes up where I type the name of the contact. This name field has no auto-focus... I have to click it every time and I can only add one contact per time... Organizing contacts is a nightmare.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More easily open chat

Double click the name to open a chat with someone. or at least move Chat from under the ... menu.

its the main function of the system. why is it hidden?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Table of Content links don't work in RStudio html notebooks

Table of content navigation links in RStudio html notebooks do not work. I assume that Jupyter notebooks would have the same problem. If you cannot support the functionality directly, open the notebooks in a browser that will!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open the command bar by using CTRL+SHIFT+P like in VSCode

VSCode has CTRL+SHIFT+P as its 'allmighty' shortkey. As a keyboard warrior making my co-workers crazy with my Cherry MX-Blue switches I'd love to keep the consistency, please open the command bar in MS Teams as well with CTRL+SHIFT+P!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams Web: Stop prompting me to install the app when I go to the teams URL with the _ at the end

When I type: http://teams.microsoft.com/_ into a browser, you prompt me to sign in, and then you prompt me to install the desktop app.

I included the _ at the end to AVOID this prompt.

Please stop harrassing users who went to the web site and want to use the ** web site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Inking on Assignments in Teams

It would be great if we could use our Stylus to ink directly on a students work that has been submitted in TEAMS. Currently I use the highlight option to show student errors but it would be great if I could be a bit more clear about what is needing improvement. I like the idea of online marking, but it is limiting compared to editing a students printed page. Use of the stylus would override this issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More visible warnings on desktops

We used business Skype before I always saw the warnings it’s clear and the my dint go away until you answer. With team I always miss them. It reminds me of slack- not great

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need teams to support Jabro Pro 9470 headset just like Skype Business does.

Need teams to support Jabro Pro 9470 headset just like Skype Business does.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Lock the Left Side Menu Bar or Remove it!!!

Every time one of my teammates shares their screen with and I try to access items on the left side for the screen the little menu bar unhides itself and get in the wasy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hvordan søker jeg oppgavene i Teams. Burde være en smart knapp som Ctrl+F som søker oppgavene.

Hvordan søker jeg oppgavene i Teams. Burde være en smart knapp som Ctrl+F som søker oppgavene.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I need hashtag feautre. when can we have it?

I need hashtag feautre. when can we have it?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base