Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to opt out of the automatic hiding of teams. It keeps hiding the team I use the most!

Provide an option where you can turn off the automatic hiding of teams that haven't been used in a while. The current algorithm has a glitch and it is hiding the Team I use the most. I have to "show" it every day!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Using arrows in the activity feed should scroll the notification items, not the content pane

When viewing the activity feed it displays a list of events in the middle column and their content in the content pane on the right.

When I click in the middle column and select an event, I should be able to use the arrow keys to select the next event in the list.

Currently, when using the arrow keys, the cursor in the content pane moves.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Citar

No se puede citar un texto de una conversacion como en Skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Chat/Contacts as the main interface

I feel that my contact list is being lost in this environment. I am forced to having a big blank space on the right that sits there waiting for persistent conversation. It's like an outlook work flow I get it, but I don't want to be forced to click between people to message them. I want to double click someone and my window with them opens up seperately. Why can't I have two chat windows open at same time when I want to have independant conversations and see who is typing . I don't need to see everything else at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The Teams app could automatically stay on top ......

The Teams app could automatically stay on top and minimize itself like Skype for Business does when another application is being used.

Otherwise, one has to search for the application to end a call........

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow layout changes for for what is seen when opening (without the massive message area). Like Skype for business layout.

Allow layout changes. For instance, allow users to pick a layout like Skype for business so that only a contact list is seen when opened (without the massive message area).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support office keyboard shortcuts! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

Support office keyboard shortcuts in Teams! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Trivial: Not able to copy right section of a single line message

When you try to copy a section of message in a single line chat, the reaction & more actions hiding the part. So we have to copy the entire line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Easier to use, its really hard to use,

Teams has the potential to be an amazing tool, however it is so counter intuitive people become fed up using it.

You have an amazing piece of software (onenote) why not get teams and onenote to work together?

I struggle managing email daily, teams is just another layer of interference! I can share files etc via one drive anyway and we still have a telephone in the office..

If it could manage my appointments properly say a ticket number system that would be useful. Until it integrates fully as a management system its yet another screen on my desk!
    Meanwhile…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. don't force people to use it

Don't force people to "upgrade" to this terrible software

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dashboard view of all my Plans and Teams

When i start my Teams apps, it would be nice to have a Dashboard landing page like Planner online, with all the Teams and Plans that i manager and participate.
    I need this information to know better the tasks that is completed and delayed, and other informations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. searching

The ability to search any types of WIKI within teams. if there is just clear text, please provide a type of search for that within groups. I can search files and other items just fine, but not clear text within groups, or Wiki's. This makes it very hard to find material.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keypad icon

The keypad for making calls is located on the bottom left of the screen. When the window is minimised, the keypad disappears. It would be beneficial to have a small separate pop out window for the keypad so that it can be run alongside other windows on the desktop (just like Skype for Business did). Having to fully open Teams and minimise again is very frustrating when working on multiple open windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option for Caps Lock at the beggining of the sentence.

It lacks the option for having Caps Lock at the beggining of each sentence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Code snippet window closes on hitting esc key without confirm dialog

When adding code to the snippet editor and hit cancel there is a confirmation dialog asking the user

"Are you sure you want to close without saving your changes?"

This dialog doesn't show up when the user is hitting the escape key and all changes will get lost!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be good if the desktop application supported tabs so we can have multiple screens open at the same time.

I spend a lot of time navigating in and out of various Teams apps and screens, especially between say a document and a conversation. The ability to have these open at the same time would be much more efficient. A tab created at the top like in a web browser for each app/window/document would work well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base