Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Contacts panel no longer auto hides

Before the last update, the Contacts panel on the left with the Recent chats list no longer auto-hides.

This is eating up a lot of screen space that could be used in the Conversation panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Display YouTube video title and description when sharing a link

When sharing a YouTube link, it does not pick the title and the description from the link. Instead, it shows the YouTube description.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Copying text from chats.

I'd like to be able to select an entire conversation so I can copy and paste it into another document. Even better, a "Save As..." feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For Teams chat history, it would be helpful to have group chats color coded or highlighted to make it more obvious those are not 1:1 chats.

For Teams chat history, it would be helpful to have group chats color coded or highlighted to make it more obvious those are not 1:1 chats.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to expand the header so you can see the file's full name

If the file's name is too long, right now, you can only hover over the file name to see the file's full name. Please add a function so users can expand the header.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dark mode / custom colors

The ability to change the colors within the desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Screen Share needs dual monitors and Control feature not working

Screen share needs an option to show both screens simultaneously. Also during screen share, you may request control but the option to give access is greeted out and doesn’t work. The user sharing their screen should be able to give control and that feature does not work either.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Not user friendly and bad user interface

Teams can be made.similar to skype for business which is far more user friendly and pretty good user interface as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make global key bindings configurable

I see there are other bug reports for Visual Studio but I was just on a call with a colleague and I couldn't press ctrl + shift + space in IntelliJ IDEA which made coding more difficult.

Other software that does global keystrokes are editable so that they can be remapped so there aren't conflicts, Teams should also allow for this or at the very least be able to toggle off the global keystrokes entirely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to minimize features on Teams to access another symultaniously.

Considering there are numerous features that can be accessed in one single window on Teams--Files, Calendar, Teams, Chat and so on--it makes sense to have the option to work on each one of them simultaneously. Meaning, we need to be able to minimize one feature and work on another at the same time. Right now, we basically are closing one to access another. I need to be able to access "Files" and check my "Calendar" at the same time. We could even have tabs for each of these features which can be accessed at the same time by minimizing one…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. a selection of different fonts would be nice

Would be nice if we could choose different fonts to use while using Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add keyboard shortcuts

Please introduce using keyboard shortcuts and menu options to be used with the keyboard (eg alt F for file) to the functionality. This is not available. Also when excell files are added under the file section the ommon keyboard functionality to acces the menu/format cells don 't work if I edit an excell file that is in microsoft tasks.

Since microsoft tasks is getting used more in the company I work for I'm exceeding the RSI related parameters almost every day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams Messages Alert Not noticeable in side toolbar -Team doesn't see the tiny red bubble

Hard to see when there is a message in teams. Make bigger or change colors please. My team is not noticing that there are messages being posted

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding a contact to lists

In right-context menu, add to favorites is accessible but not the other lists.
    Adding to a list pop-over should be ready for typing, a need to click before is unnecessary step.
    Suggest adding more contacts when a contact is added.
    Option to add the team as contact group.
    Option to have more then 20 conversations visible in active conversations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change the order of the default tabs (chats, files, notes etc)

Make it possible to change the order of the default tabs so the tab files will be selected when I select anaother chanal

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Moving from one part of teams via links to other parts of Teams

Using Planners is a great way to organise work. However some of the tasks link to information in wiki's. If you insert a link to a wiki into the task, you have to open another browser to follow the link from the task to the wiki. If linking information in different Teams tools could avoid this it would be helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make planner more accessible through teams.

Best way to access planner right now is through browser window. planner is in the expandable menu for the teams app, and i get notifications through teams about unfinished or new tasks. but there's a degree of separation in the UI between me and accessing planner information. would be nice as a more integrated part of the teams app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would REALLY love the option to choose if my "enter" key sends the message or just goes to the next line

I send a LOT of messages before they are ready because I press "enter" to go to the next line and format text. Would really like the option to not have ENTER send a message automatically...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Aend the [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] to the remote controlled desktop.

Microsoft Temas provide the Remote Controll fucntion also have the Microsoft Teams for Remote Assist service plan.
    However, it did not provide the function to send the [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] to remote controlled desktop.
    This feature is mandatory and will help al lot when we provide the remote user support.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. contact list as separate side bar

skype has a nice contacts list sidebar, then when you text the person on there its a nice lil window... this is too clunky to have the chat attached continually to the contacts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base