Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add notification sounds! I activated every possible notification and unless I'm staring at my computer/phone/pad, I miss messages

Unless I'm staring at my computer/phone/pad I never know when I have a message for lack of notification sound! Very frustrating!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Fully integrated High-Contrast Accessibility when opening files in Teams

You can make Microsoft Teams better by providing High-Contrast Accessibility support when opening documents within Teams.

Currently, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote files do not open in High Contrast. within Teams.

Selecting the Teams High-Contrast theme has no impact on this action.
    Additionally, Windows 10 High-Contrast settings can't be applied, as the action of opening documents is occurring within the Teams "shell".

Thanks,

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A heavy app

Its a heavy app and it is affecting perfrormance of my phone and my other devices. Besides the layout and tabs could get better. Display/presentation is important these days, work can be done though purple color is fine.
    Im new user to it took me quite some time to understand where and how I can upload my work.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keyboard enter key not sending

On the IPad Pro when pressing the enter key on the external keyboard it makes a new line and doesn’t send the message. This is so annoying as I use Teams a lot and I have to touch the screen on every message to send instead of just pressing enter on the keyboard.
    I can’t see any settings to change this and all the other messaging apps work fine with the enter key.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notifications

There is no visual indication that you have any messages in "Teams", like Chats and Activities there is nothing there, you would have to click on the teams and then scroll through the possibly hundreds of "team" chats you are in. It is absolutely frustrating to have to continuously check that tab to find you missed a bunch of things.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On chat, allow sizing of the columns for recent and activity.

Currently it is as if there is no "wrap text" on the speech balloons; resizing the entire window just cuts off the left edge of the chat, if you want to see the list of names at the left. Would like to be able to resize the chat side to fit in a narrower space, while maintaining the list of names.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make it accessible! Accessibility is NOT a vote feature its regulatory.

Make it accessible! Accessibility is NOT a vote feature its regulatory requirement.
    This is because it would never get enough votes to get added otherwise.
    Stop the discrimination, enhance your product.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add mac touchbar support

for common operations when on a call. Mute, background blur, etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If participants to a meeting can mute the organizer, what is the point of the organizer calling the meeting ?

Disable the function that allows participants in a meeting to mute the meeting organizer

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move Video Feeds on Screen

Provide a configuration so that the user can move the video feed from others to a location near the user's own camera. This would allow the user to appear to be looking directly into the camera instead of always looking down at others' feeds.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show all assignmenta when you click the assignments bar

Right now when you click on assignments you could only pick one class to see the assignments for. There should be an option to pick multi classes and see the assignments for those classes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Delete our recorded video's

So i recorded accidently my video conference, it is shared in the chat and i can't delete it. There is not more options for the recorded video's ☹☹

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keyboard shortcut to mute microphone = M not Ctrl-Shift-M

Please follow Slack and make "M" mute microphone instead of Ctrl-Shift-M.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Meeting Chat needs to show when others are typing (hearing impaired)

While in a meeting, you cannot tell when others are typing. This is a problem when scheduling meetings with hearing impaired attendees who rely on chat to communicate (we are constantly typing over each other since we cannot tell when someone else is working on a response).
    Teams does do this when a direct chat is setup between two people, but not in meetings.

Please show when attendees are typing so we can use meetings with chat to effectively include hearing impaired attendees.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Large visible indicator when mic is on/off

Can you add a REALLY BIG, RED, partially transparent BANNER, that's always on top and says MY MIC IS ON (& maybe GREEN when its off)?

Macular degeneration makes little stuff (like the mic icon) disappear sometimes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disclaimer for live captions

Ability to display a "disclaimer" for when a user turns on Live Captions in a Teams Meeting. Our employee relations department requested this feature to ensure users know that it's possible that the Live Captions are not always 100% accurate.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automated or intelligent mute/un-mute

Many times when you want to speak or respond quickly in a meeting, it´s not always easy to find he mute button quickly enough. The idea here is to create a way either configurable or not to have an alternative means to unmute and mute quickly. For example, it could be a keyboard shortcut, or a specific keyword that when said the app will recognise and activate the mute button.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Meeting Menu Moved to Left / Disappear Faster

The meeting menu that pops up when a meeting is in progress is often in the way of seeing content being shared. The menu stays up for too long and pops up too often when moving the mouse. It would be best for it to be moved to the left side as a vertical menu in the 'black space' between the Teams menu and shared content. This way it never covers shared content and could even be persistent and not need to disappear.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the option to share part of your screen

Its impossible to see anything for participants when im sharing from my 49inch ultrawide monitor. Please let me select the area of the screen to share.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. similar to whats app pls implement the feature like double click over the comment for replying to exiting comment

similar to whats app pls implement the feature like double click over the comment for replying or for writing a continuation comment to the existing comment

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 60 61
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base