Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Should be able to access all the media (video, images) , document and links that has been shared amongst the chat/channel

Just like whatsapp, when user clicks on a particular chat or channel, there should be provision to access the medua, documents and links shared in that chat or channel.

Its easier to keep track of items that were shared in specific groups.

Favouriting is not easy.

Its really troublesome for me too look for links, images, documents etc .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Cannot access Teams , everything else works good, we can access other MS online apps without any issue

Cannot access Teams , everything else works good, we can access other MS online apps without any issue

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Error - Can't see content

I have been invited to a Team by Microsoft. While my colleagues can see the channel and content I can't see anything.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to see all my channels in alpha order every time I log in. How do I do that?

I do not like that I have to constantly click on "other channels" and that the ones that stay up all the time are not the ones I need!
    I have tons of room on my screen so why does the list truncate?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Suphatra, Please make Teams capable of sending secure texts to anyone. Please partition users/company documents.

Teams will absolutely take off if you partition company documents and communications and allow the application to be used for regular texts away from the work place.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Font / text formatting should be provided with multiple options regarding choice of fonts and font colour

There are several limitations in present release of TEAMS regarding font selection and colour selection. These shall be provided with equal options as they were in SKYPE, if not more than SKYPE.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Navigating between chat and teams folders is cumbersome. There should br a way to pop out chats or do an Alt tab to jump between

Navigating between chat and teams folders is cumbersome. There should be a way to pop out chats or do an Alt tab to jump between. For eg. If someone sends me a team folder link in team chat, i should be able to view the folder and chat in 2 separate windows

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keyboard Shortcuts should be moved to the Help tab

In nearly every piece of software I've used, if the software supports a keyboard shortcuts list, it is accessed within the Help tab. It seems quite strange to place the keyboard shortcuts list within the user icon, where I would expect only to find user-specific information. The only way I can rationalize this decision is if there are user-specific keyboard shortcuts that be created.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Commands via keyboard/typing only

More/all actions should be available via keyboard/typing., One that kills me is the ability to create code snippets WITH syntax highlighting. I can create a snippet by typing ``` at the very beginning of a response, which is nice, but I can't get syntax highlighting from it. We need more energy put into pure keyboard based usage of Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove the 'Open in SharePoint' button

This button should be removed and access to SharePoint only limited to admin roles via SharePoint/Teams Admin portal. For new users, it is too confusing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams should show if somebody read my message like in Skype!

Teams should show if somebody read my message like in Skype!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disconnect formats from language and shortcuts from keyboard.

Hi!
    It's actually a general Microsoft issue. In many applications on several plattforms you tie setting together that are not dependent on each other. It is well illustrated by the Language section in Teams Settings/General on Mac OS X.

First, it says "App language determines the date and time format" which causes troubles for me, my colleagues and many people working in a country where English is not the first language but it is the language we use at work, at least in written form. Even though we communicate in English we don't want to use Imperial units or American…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Been able to resize a share screen while in remote control

While in remote control over share screen, went into full screen.
    Then closed the chat tab on the right
    After that, I was unable to quit de full screen mode without giving up on the share screen.

Would be nice to be able to go back to "normal view".
    Someting like move mouse to the top and have a banner with option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include <Ctrl>+<E> on /keys list

From the /keys list, people can see what keyboard shortcuts are available via the Search/command bar at the top.

They can't, however, see the shortcut for accessing the Search/command bar with just the keyboard - that shortcut is <Ctrl>+<E>.

It'd be nice to include this, then people who type /keys could see that they can get back to /keys using only the keyboard any time they want!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. similar to whats app pls implement the feature like double click over the comment for replying to exiting comment

similar to whats app pls implement the feature like double click over the comment for replying or for writing a continuation comment to the existing comment

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to delete full chat conversations

Instead of only being able to delete individual messages, should be able to delete full chat conversations

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base