Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix " to format as a real quote

I haven’t tested on android but quotation marks in adaptive cards iOS are not formatted and come through as " in the mobile app. On the desktop app they are formatted correctly as real quotation marks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fix help

Fix help - It claims T-Bot is still there to help - which is not
    and says you can click on profile picture at the top of the app to find Help - which you can't..
    Don't even have a help category had to choose bot..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. filter chat by sender

It would be great to filter by sender so that I could, for example, show or hide all the VSTS posts in a channel when I want to focus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Don't allow bots that do not support single user installations to be installed as single user installations.

When installing a bot, there's the option to install it for a team or for myself. Some bots do not support single user installs, and shouldn't give the option for such when adding the bot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. @form not working in conversations

When adding @forms onto our conversations it will generate what looks to be the poll and then prompted the error: Sorry the poll could not be created.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More Teams training videos through T-Bot, and regularly kept updated, dont let these videos fall behind the curve. .

I am absolutely a fan of been able to find training material within the Teams application, and this is fantastic to be able to point end users. But Teams has been updated very rapidly, and these videos are growing more and more out of date. Short, fun ,videos are key to training busy users. Please review how your future proofing this great training tool, and keeping it up to date and more variety. The ideal is a library full of these short videos.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add more languages to bots (for example Who-bot)

Who-Bot in Teams is great, but it would be even greater if it could speak different languages, like Norwegian. ;)

This bot doesn´t understand that many commands, so translating it shouldn´t be too difficult.

It would help user adoption if people could use their native language.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give OneNote Slash Commands for Maximum Onenote-Teams Integration

I've seen multiple requests here for integration with OneNote, and I think the best solution would be a combination of logical integrations with OneNote and slash commands or even a bot. In terms of slash commands, these come to mind:

- /one textsearchhere: Let users search OneNote from directly within Teams and see a preview of/results from within the team's primary OneNote; users can then insert that directly into a conversation for easy knowledge base referencing.

- /onenew Title of Note Here: Let users start a note from directly within Teams with a simple slash command that, when activated by…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Could we not turn on ******** like T-Bot by default? While I realize bots may be useful for

Could we not enable bots such as T-Bot by default and/or provide the option to disable them completely? As far as I'm concerned
    bots just create notifications without adding any actual value, which disrupts my ability to actually do work. (I will note that if an app disrupts my ability to work, I just turn it off.)

I will admit that in theory somebody could write a bot that I find useful. However, 99% of the ones I've seen are just a nuisance.

If I want tips, by the way, I understand Microsoft runs a search engine which I can…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enhanced transparency for bots

Some bots require purchases through 3rd parties and others do not. Similar to the description of apps for mobile devices (e.g. in-app purchases), include a descriptor or icon on bots that require purchase.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice if i can you my cortana in teams.

With Microsoft new strategy of cross platform. It would be nice if i can use my cortana across all my )ffice #65 apps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When chatting with a bot directly, no need to use @ symbol to issue command

When in a team room, using the @ symbol to interact with a bot is great. But when chatting directly with a bot (1 on 1), it seems redundant to have to type @<bot name> and the command. It would be nice to just be able to type the commands directly when chatting 1 on 1 with a bot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. WhoBot: Find users by location, deparment, or job title.

The Who bot seems like a natural place to find such information, but currently it doesn't understand questions like "Who works in accounting?" or "Who works in Moline?"
    Please add the ability to find users by criteria such as Office Location, Department, Job Title, or even Address (i.e. City or State.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Who bot should recognize <first name> <last name> and not just <last name>, <first name>

In my org, Who bot only recognizes names if they're listed as <last name>, <first name>. There are specific, limited instances where it will recognize a user by <first name> <last name>, but for most users this simply gives an error message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unblocking a bot does not work

I try to unblock a bot, but it does not work. The bot remains blocked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BOTs Automate Scripting for all Microsoft Modules

Create a BOT for admins that has all the MS modules loaded; type in English to “Admin” BOT what you want to do.

Admin Bot creates your script, you can modify and use under your creds.

Example: Grab all German users in German Team, give them this DLP policy; and this Teams Messaging policy. Would save a T O N of time. Makes us all PowerShell champions. More automation, more productivity, more efficiency, more security.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Where did T-bot go?

I liked the T-bot. Where did it go? I cannot find it in Teams any longer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support adaptive cards on mobile consistently

When using adaptive cards for teams, our images are scaled to stretch, even though we want to use auto. Also, the Action.Submit to delete message through bot framework does not work to delete the message on mobile, but works fine on desktop. Overall, mobile experience is not consistent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Position search via Who

enable position search via Who. i.e. who is a General Manager, who is a vice president, etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base