Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move channels into other teams

We would like to move a project (channel) between groups to keep the information, or be able to sort channels to our liking.

5,208 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

606 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Move conversations to different channels

If a conversation is started in one channel but gains importance to the point where the conversation deserves its own channel. Or a conversation was started in the wrong channel and needs to be moved

2,751 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

274 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Search Public and Private Teams

Users report its very difficult for their peers to find a team that they have created. This hinders their ability to increase team membership.

---

Other users report its frustrating that they can't just search ALL the teams at their organization -- that only a small fraction are surfaced to them in their "Suggested" view.

---

The capability to view Public Teams when you click on "Create Team" is great.

HOWEVER... it would be a better user experience if there was a prominent button or link called "Search for Teams".

Teams needs this discovery capability to avoid the duplication of…

279 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately we hit some snags and this has moved back to “working on it”. The team is working to make some corrections and I hope to have a release date in the near future. I’ll keep you posted with what I hear.
          -Warren

• Ability to Copy a Team

It would be really useful to copy a team with all Channels and files/tabs associated, this way we could create a template and copy it when creating new teams

81 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve heard your suggestions and are working on the ability to clone an existing team using a template. When released, if you were to click on Add Team, then Create a Team, you would get the UI pop up that prompts you to “Create your Team” but, if you look to the bottom of the UI you would see the option to choose “Create a team using an existing team as a template”! Once you select that option, you would be able choose which channels, team settings, apps, and members to inherit via a simple setup wizard.
            Look for this feature to release by the end of the calendar year! And thank you all for the great feedback. -Warren

• Setting to choose if Private Teams should still be searchable

We create our Teams as private by default since they are about the clients we work with. We are okay with everyone at the company knowing that these Teams exist, but we don't want them to be able to join them without permission.

The problem we're having is that people keeping asking 'does a Team exist for client X?' and there is no easy way to answer that question.

We'd like a way to search for private teams so that folks can request to join them.

51 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base