Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access to email from left tab panel

If there was an Outlook tab integrated on the left, similar to the Meetings tab (which is effectively the Outlook calendar), one could stay in Teams all day and not have to switch out.

5,186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

391 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

The feature team is still reviewing, there is lots of discussion about this item and I hope to have a decision soon.

-Warren

2. Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

1,727 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review by the feature team. I have no details as to when a decision might happen.

-Warren

3. Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
    We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
    It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,467 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still considering this item. No confirmation yet.
    -Warren

4. Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

862 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

5. Custom Group Categories for Teams

As I create more and more teams, I need to be able to group or categorize them. It seems like the only native groupings are "favorites" or "more". I would like to be able to create other categories. Once I get over 30 teams, grouping them into detailed categories is going to be imperative to stay organized.

673 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Still under review by the feature team. Nothing new to report at this time.

-Warren

6. Editable Teams and Channels header

Proposed solution:

I have experience of using MatterMost (an on-premises Slack clone) and one of the features I really like is that each channel has an editable header. That header can contain markdown.

My team is a dev team and we use the channel header to display badges for our Continuous Integration (CI) builds. I'd really like to be able to do the same in Teams.

---

Problem right now, as described by one user:

I need the team description more easily visible. Right now I have to click on Edit to be able to see the description of the…

319 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still be reviewed by the feature team. No additional details are available at this time.

-Warren

7. Custom Team Member Roles

Currently for any given team, there are only two options: member or owner.

This only allows for two tiers of permissions. It would be great if there was the ability to either add custom roles to add more granularity for adding/removing permissions for different tiers of teammates.

309 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  27 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better Team Permission Control

The current team settings are very bare-bones.

For instance, there's a single permission that allows for adding/modifying/removing tabs. These should all be separate permissions.

For the sake of usability, there could be a "master" permission for each piece of functionality (tabs, channels, connectors, etc...) and an expandable list of the sub-options where, if you didn't want to give a certain role all of the permissions for a certain functionality, you could give a role a subset of the create/modify/remove permissions.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

9. Don't hide channels in the "More channels" dropdown when there is space to display them

If there's only one more channel, it doesn't make sense to hide it behind a "More channels dropdown", you're not saving any space. I've noticed this with a few things in Teams, if there is room to display all of the channels vertically, or very few extra channels, it's bad UX to hide them behind a link.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adjust Team Picture (Reposition/Resize)

I find the lack of adjustment (positioning and zoom) annoying in Teams. I would like to be able to use a product/company logos for the team picture without having to manually crop/resize the pictures in microsoft paint using trial and error to get them to display nicely.

Pretty much all websites/chat programs has the functionality I have described. I have attached an example of the desired behaviour - available in Skype, but not available in Teams :(

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Wanted to post that we acknowledge this feedback. We’re cranking on quite a few new features, so while you won’t see this soon, please know its on our to-do list!

I’ll let you know as it progresses forward.

Suphatra

11. onenote

The new implementation of the OneNote tab is poor. The old process of creating a section within the Team Notebook was ok to a point, but needed the additional flexibility to create a tab with content from another notebook when required. The new process of prompting for a new notebook or to open an existing notebook or create a link to an existing notebook is messy. It slows the process of setting new teams with channels and will lead to inexperienced users creating new notebooks where they are not required. Also when a new notebook is created initially, then you…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We need more GIFS please...........

Please can you add more GIFS so we have more to choose from like we have on Twitter. It increases staff interaction and makes TEAMS really fun. I love TEAMS and this would make it perfect for me. Thanks very much in advance.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Nested Groups exceeded the Max Limit of 25

There is probably a suggestion for better integration for AD groups, but creating a team for Engineering our existing DL's are used to manage all membership. Adding a DL to a Team, that has many nested DL's does not seem allowed.

Need to
    1/ support AD Groups as a first class citizen
    2/ support for nested DL's that are greater than 25

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Failed to display "comments" of PDF

Comments of the PDF file failed to display when open directly with Teams

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support markdown template(s) for new posts in a channel

I would like to be able to configure one markdown template that would automatically be injected into any new posts made within a specific channel. For example, if I have a channel allowing employees to submit change requests, there are certain details I would like always included, and a standard format makes it easier to process this information. This template should only apply to new threads in the channel. Follow-up posts/questions could be written without any template whatsoever to discuss the original post. Anyone creating a new post would see the template in their editor, allowing them to fill in…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.