Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for Private Channels

Looking for the ability to create a channel that only channel members can see. Private channels are available in slack. There is an admin for private channels who is the creator, and they are the ones who add/remove users.

Five types of public/privacy that is being asked for by users:

- Public-Open (visible anywhere including outside the org and anyone can join)
    - Public-Invitation (visible anywhere including outside the org, must be invited)
    - Company-Open (only visible inside the org and anyone in the org can join; outside the org must be invited)
    - Company-Invitation (only visible inside the org,…

23,956 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1950 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We acknowledge the customer demand for Private Channels and have been hard at work on it. Private Channels is currently in preview with a select group of customers. We expect to release the feature to the public later this Fall, and will update here when we are starting to roll out to all customers. We appreciate all the feedback you have provided to us on this forum and thank you for your patience.

~Alex

2. I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
    I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
    We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
    This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but…

11,716 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

942 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We know you are patiently waiting for this feature. This feature is being implemented in stages. Fast tenant switching is currently in testing both internally and with early customers. We expect to release to the public in the Fall. I’ll post an update once it’s rolling out.

Full multi-tenant, multi-user support will be added after fast tenant switching.

~Alex

3. Move channels into other teams

We would like to move a project (channel) between groups to keep the information, or be able to sort channels to our liking.

9,762 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1131 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to archive channels

Would be nice if we had the ability to archive channels. For example: we created a channel for a specific project. Once the project is complete, we can archive that channel or at least move it out of the primary view. I could see the channel list getting large and clunky quickly with multiple projects many of which are complete.

Also, when a conversation in the channel is complete it should be archived or hidden.

8,817 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

566 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Access to email from left tab panel

If there was an Outlook tab integrated on the left, similar to the Meetings tab (which is effectively the Outlook calendar), one could stay in Teams all day and not have to switch out.

5,185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

391 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

The feature team is still reviewing, there is lots of discussion about this item and I hope to have a decision soon.

-Warren

6. Move conversations to different channels

If a conversation is started in one channel but gains importance to the point where the conversation deserves its own channel. Or a conversation was started in the wrong channel and needs to be moved

5,173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

477 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder

When renaming a Team Channel, the associated Sharepoint folder continues with it's previous name. This could lead to confusion.

4,367 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

305 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks for following our suggestion to vote this up on SharePoint. It worked! SharePoint has confirmed that they have already started working on this and I’ll be getting an ETA from them after the holidays. -Suphatra

8. Create Team from existing SharePoint site, and other requests

#1 User Request on SharePoint:
    Enable integration of Microsoft Teams to an existing SharePoint site rather than to always create a new site collection

There have been a few ideas raised on integrating lists, OneNote, document libraries, etc. from an existing SharePoint site with Microsoft Teams, but in summary, it will be best if we could create a team upon on existing site, so that the "Files" and "Notes" tabs would directly reference the existing document library and OneNote in SharePoint. It does not make sense to have two separate sites: one for all the usual SharePoint stuff, and another…

3,262 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

293 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is working its way through the backlog queue. No new details are available yet.

-Warren

9. Read Only channel

Would like to create a Public/announcements Read Only channel so that only specified members can post. This allows for authorized personnel to make company announcements, but not everyone can post.

(The request for a Public Announcement channel is complete, since the General channel can be controlled by admins and set to read only)

2,622 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Due to a priority shift this request has slipped to the backlog. I hate to bring bad news. I will continue to provide the feature team your feedback and votes.
    Hopefully this will move back up in the queue soon.

-Warren

10. Rename General channel

Make it so we can change the name of the General Channel.

2,120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

333 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

1,726 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review by the feature team. I have no details as to when a decision might happen.

-Warren

12. Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
    We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
    It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,467 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still considering this item. No confirmation yet.
    -Warren

13. Nested Teams and subchannels

Could it be possible to create teams within teams. For example, we have a Development Team at our company which consists of two sub-teams, tech support team and project team.

I’d love to be able to have a “home” top-level channel for my project team, and then have sub-channels for each project that we are working on.

1,314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

191 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded

This request has been reviewed and declined by the feature team.

You can continue to up vote this topic as well as leave comments. Depending on the ongoing feedback, there is always a chance a topic will be revisited based on user demand.

-Warren

14. Joining a Team

CHANGE PROMPT:
    Change "Add team" to "Add or join a team": I avoided this button because I thought it would always create a new team. It wasn’t evident to me that I could browse for existing teams there too.

PREVIEW A TEAM:
    Provide the ability to preview a Team without immediately joining, to see what the reason for the Team is and what Channels exist. It’s a little cumbersome to have to join, realize the Team isn’t what you thought it was, and leave.

TEAMS DISCOVERABILITY
    Presently you have to know the name of a team to be able to…

1,300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

I’m switching the status to Partially Done.

The request for a Preview Team is still in the works. No new information is available at this time.

Team Discoverability is still being worked upon, no details are available at this time. If you support this idea please navigate over to the main topic and vote for it! https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/

Change Prompt: this has been completed
    -Warren

15. Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
    I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
    I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window…

1,288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

167 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Team Templates

A team template!! Much like sharepoint document site or site templates that contain a specific layout and set of documents this would be amazing for a team template. We could deploy a team for each project we had that had a preset assignment of planner tasks and documents attached to it and a preset of channels that goes with that team. Could really make a big difference in the way we deploy and use teams.

1,219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still queued up in the backlog. No additional details are available at this moment.

-Warren

17. When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply.

When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply. If a user leaves the company or if we have new users, it is a manual process to add or remove them from a Team. Since we can select a Security group or Distribution list, changes to either should be reflected on the Team members.

1,050 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still working its way through the backlog queue.

-Warren

18. Mass add users to a channel or team

Please add mass add users to a channel or team.
    Like we use on other Office 365 services. email@domain;email@domain and (if possible) @everyone something like that.
    I'm using and loving Microsoft Teams :-)
    Thanks a lot.

879 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

170 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, we are collecting feedback on this so we can determine prioritization and user need.

Please comment in the thread below about how this affects you, how you currently add members, and who you think would benefit from this in your organization.

Thank you!

19. Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

862 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

20. Custom Group Categories for Teams

As I create more and more teams, I need to be able to group or categorize them. It seems like the only native groupings are "favorites" or "more". I would like to be able to create other categories. Once I get over 30 teams, grouping them into detailed categories is going to be imperative to stay organized.

673 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Still under review by the feature team. Nothing new to report at this time.

-Warren

← Previous 1 3 4 5 127 128
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.