Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better visual delineation between `Reply` and `Start a new conversation`

It's very confusing to new users that there is a difference between replying to an existing conversation and starting a new one within a channel. This is a visual thing as much as anything else. The 'reply' buttons are not naturally attractive if you just want to start typing a message. There should be a logical gap between the bottom of a conversation and 'start a new conversation'. 'Start a new conversation' needs to be separated visually, as if it's a second order command rather than a first order...reply.

2,571 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

339 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to pin message/files/articles shared within a channel.

Guys, please add pinned items for channels. We often pin important articles/messages/files so that the whole team can see it. Very important!

2,352 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

195 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This request is still in the works. And it appears most people are interested in the ability to pin multiple items. I’ll circle back to the feature team and give them your additional feedback.

-Warren

3. Need read receipts

Mobile working, Asynchronous working of teams is a common phenomena. Read receipts let us know if the message has been seen, so we know it can be acted on. Critical when large numbers of the team are mainly mobile workers.

2,165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

205 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

So happy to share that this is off the backlog and we are actively working on it!

-Suphatra

4. Copying text - hovering menu hides the end of the text

When copying text from a message, the ending of the message is hidden by the "More Options" hover.

1,092 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

286 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The team is still working on this fix, as part of a larger design change. Given internal feedback, it has been decided the current design isn’t ready for primetime.

In the meantime, someone discovered that triple clicking will actually select all of the text. I know we want the real fix, but thought I’d share.

Thanks for your patience.

5. Copy & Paste is tempermental

Users reporting multiple copy/paste issues for text:

1. Can't paste multi-messages. Often, only the first line pastes, the rest disappear. As one user puts it: "On the Windows 10 desktop client it is nearly impossible to copy multiple messages from the chat history. A fraction of a second after letting go of the mouse, the highlight collapses down to a single message."

2. Can't paste in general: "Copy & Paste is tempermental, when i try to paste text in from other sources it simply doesn't paste, but then if I only copy a few (3-6) words then it does. It…

678 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

631 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

7. Fix pasting of images

Pasting images is somewhat supported - see https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925587-ability-to-paste-images) but is not correctly implemented (at least on Windows).

Using Google Chrome, if I right click on any image on a webpage and select "Copy Image", I can not paste it into Teams. I can paste this on competitors products, such as HipChat and of course into MS Paint.

There are different issues pasting from other browsers. Edge and IE both paste a blank image. Firefox has similar behavior to Chrome (nothing is pasted at all).

This is a very common use case - pasting an image from a web page.…

599 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

167 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks, I’ve gotten a number of emails reporting this bug is back. Augh! Sorry about that.

I’ve let the team know so we can find-and-kill this bug. Will let you know when a fix is deployed.

Suphatra

8. @Tag without selection

Current when @Tagging someone you have to type @PartOfTheirName then wait for the dialog to pop up, then hit tab or enter click the desired name (Person, Channel, Team). If you fail to use the dialog the @Tag fails to work even if you match the name perfectly.

What we'd like to see is typing @Name or @ChannelName or @TeamName just works even without using the dialog.

373 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m excited to share that I got to use this in our experimental settings the other day. We’ve built it and are testing it internally. I’ll let you know once it moves up in the validation rings!

Suphatra

9. Allow sending audio and video message

Allow users to send Audio and Video message just like WhatsApp and other messages tools.

275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! We just started working on this for the AUDIO portion. We are still trying to determine feasibility for the video portion of your request.

-Suphatra

10. Dark theme problems!

See thread for issues related to dark theme. Here are some that are noted:

1. In dark theme, the warning messages are quite unreadable in the private messaging window

2. When an email is sent in from Outlook on the Web when I’m using the dark theme, the text in the email is very dark as per the original email. When viewing this email with Teams using the default (light) theme, it looks great.

3. In Teams chat, no way to turn text back to WHITE, when using the dark theme.

4. Using the dark theme, I have to hunt…

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being worked upon. No additional status to share

Items still in the works:
    2), 4), 5) and 7)

Items we cannot repro:
    6) and it doesn’t appear people are hitting it, but let me know

Items that are completed and in the public release:
    1) and 3)

-Warren

11. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve listened and the ability to leave a chat will soon be released! To access it you will simply click the “…” overflow menu from the left rail, on the chat you wish to leave. A fly-out will appear allowing you to either Favorite, Mute, Hide, or Leave the chat.
    Look for this early in the new calendar year! -Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base