Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to pin message/files/articles shared within a channel.

Guys, please add pinned items for channels. We often pin important articles/messages/files so that the whole team can see it. Very important!

1,564 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

129 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Need read receipts

Mobile working, Asynchronous working of teams is a common phenomena. Read receipts let us know if the message has been seen, so we know it can be acted on. Critical when large numbers of the team are mainly mobile workers.

1,538 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

154 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Copy & Paste is tempermental

Users reporting multiple copy/paste issues for text:

1. Can't paste multi-messages. Often, only the first line pastes, the rest disappear. As one user puts it: "On the Windows 10 desktop client it is nearly impossible to copy multiple messages from the chat history. A fraction of a second after letting go of the mouse, the highlight collapses down to a single message."

2. Can't paste in general: "Copy & Paste is tempermental, when i try to paste text in from other sources it simply doesn't paste, but then if I only copy a few (3-6) words then it does. It…

546 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

389 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • @Tag without selection

Current when @Tagging someone you have to type @PartOfTheirName then wait for the dialog to pop up, then hit tab or enter click the desired name (Person, Channel, Team). If you fail to use the dialog the @Tag fails to work even if you match the name perfectly.

What we'd like to see is typing @Name or @ChannelName or @TeamName just works even without using the dialog.

345 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Make new conversation replies more noticeable

When a reply comes through on teams, the conversation is bolded to notify you that something is unread. But it's sometimes hard to see the bolded conversations. Simply adding some extra visual like the colored notification bar on outlook would help.

299 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Enable Voice Messaging

Add a voice messaging function like it is common in personal messaging apps like whatsapp, wechart, line etc.
                This can be very useful if on the go for complicated messages to type.

248 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Allow sending audio and video message

Allow users to send Audio and Video message just like WhatsApp and other messages tools.

210 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Dark theme problems!

See thread for issues related to dark theme. Here are some that are noted:

1. In dark theme, the warning messages are quite unreadable in the private messaging window

2. When an email is sent in from Outlook on the Web when I’m using the dark theme, the text in the email is very dark as per the original email. When viewing this email with Teams using the default (light) theme, it looks great.

3. In Teams chat, no way to turn text back to WHITE, when using the dark theme.

4. Using the dark theme, I have to hunt…

166 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being worked upon. No additional status to share

Items still in the works:
                      2), 4), 5) and 7)

Items we cannot repro:
                      6) and it doesn’t appear people are hitting it, but let me know

Items that are completed and in the public release:
                      1) and 3)

-Warren

• 6 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve listened and the ability to leave a chat will soon be released! To access it you will simply click the “…” overflow menu from the left rail, on the chat you wish to leave. A fly-out will appear allowing you to either Favorite, Mute, Hide, or Leave the chat.
                        Look for this early in the new calendar year! -Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base