Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto scroll down when new messages come in

It is annoying to have to click on the “New Messages” button or scroll down manually when new messages arrive. The suggestion here is to keep scrolling down to bottom and to provide a button to jump back to last unread message.

3,974 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

420 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback and help on this item. It has been resolved for the majority of users: the screen no longer jumps around while scrolling or jumps to the latest message if you are scrolled up.

If you have any questions with this feature or find a bug, please email teamsml@microsoft.com with repro steps and user logs. Your feedback is always extremely helpful!

Thank you for your support of Teams and your patience while we worked on this item. I really appreciate it and wish you a very Happy New Year!

Suphatra

2. Code snippets

I would like code snippets with highlighting based on code language. And for snippets longer than X lines, a "show more" button (like slack)

3,042 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has been completed and is available to the public. Thank you for the suggestion and feedback!
    -Warren

3. Allow removal of people from Group Chats

Once a person is added to a group chat. You cannot remove them. You must create a new chat and lose all the history.

1,562 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

203 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide, Archive, and Delete chat threads!

Teams is way to cluttered when you have several chats. It is difficult to see new messages when they come in. I like a very clean and simple tool and if you could manage options that let you delete threads and also that would let you choose to clear all activity and history upon closing the App that would be great. As it is I have a bunch on inactive threads that are always in the activity list and they are old and not active any longer. Other than this I really like the UI and the functions of the…

1,457 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

217 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Additional clarification as to what was fixed in this feature request.

This request is done except for Delete Private chat. Delete Private Chat is still Under Review and therefore will be pulled into its own topic; no decision has been made to yet if this will be done or not.

What is complete are the following:

1. Delete your own messages anywhere in Teams.
    2. Team Owners can choose if users can edit/delete in their tenant as well as choose if admins have the power to delete any message posted in public channels.
    3. The ability to hide your private chat threads (these are not the chat threads in channels, but the private chat threads that appear when you click the Chat icon on the left-side app bar).
    4. The ability to mute your private chat threads. (these are not the chat threads in channels, but the private chat threads…

5. Leave a group chat

Let me be able to leave it completely if I want to.

1,305 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

162 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now remove yourself from group chats! Just click the overflow menu next to the chat and select Leave. You’ll still have access to chat history up until you left.

-Suphatra

6. Copying text - hovering menu hides the end of the text

When copying text from a message, the ending of the message is hidden by the "More Options" hover.

1,241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

329 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More than 20 participants in a chat

We would like to use group chats for conversations that are not team/work related. However, the 20 participant limit keeps us from using the feature to it's full extent. Please increase the participant limit for group chats from 20 to 100.

987 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

182 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is done rolling out and you should all be able to use this function in your Teams now. Ping me at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com if you have any questions!

Suphatra

8. up arrow to edit last message

pressing the up arrow when the custor is in the compose box, it will edit the user's last message.

721 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is completed.

The up arrow to edit the last message only works in chat or specific reply chains.

This does not work in the command box.

If you feel this isn’t working correctly or should work differently please let us know by contacting TeamsML@microsoft.com

Thank you!
    -Warren

9. Get a link to a conversation

There should be an option to create a link to a conversation, thus enabling pinging of folks with a direct link, requesting their inputs.

525 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hyperlink any text in chat

Allow any text to be selected and a hyperlink added to it, both using Ctrl+K (standard across Office applications) and by providing a hyperlink button in the expanded compose box.

455 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now hyperlink any text.

To do so click on the “A” icon just under the compose box, this will expand the compose box.
    From the expanded view, you can type the text you wish, select the text then click the chain icon at the top of the compose box.
    This will allow you to add a hyperlink to the selected text. You may also enter the text into “text to display” field in this pop up box.

Thank you for the suggestions and keep that feedback coming!

-Warren

11. Let me and the team owner delete messages.

One user asked:
    If I wrote the message, I should be allowed to delete it, regardless of a time limit (right now we're only allowed 24 hours to delete our own message). There should be no limit.

Another user asked:
    The team owner should have moderating access to their own teams. In its most basic form, team owners should be able to delete messages posted by other members.

It is a basic functionality that other popular services like Slack allow. It also helps keep a team's conversation clean.

For example, a new member of our team is still getting familiar…

449 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have removed the 24-hour limit on all messages. We have also added the ability for owners to delete messages. HOWEVER, on the latter function, this is not on by default — the IT admin needs to enable the feature to allow team owners to delete any message.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Suphatra

12. copy & paste pictures

Would be nice to make it possible to post pictures directly into a Team channel form anywhere (browser, files, etc)

410 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve gotten feedback from the feature team that copying images into chat should work, but different than you would expect with external images. External images pasted into a message will show up as a link. Prior to the update, pasting an external image simply broke.

If you wish to paste an external image and not have it appear as a link, then you will need to past it into the clipboard and then copy the image from the clipboard into the message.

13. Include previous chat history when adding new people to group chat

Provide an option to include chat history when you add new person to a group chat

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news everybody, this feature request has now made it to the public ring! You will now see the chat history when adding new people to group chat.

Thank you for the suggestions and feedback.

-Warren

14. Screen sharing within chat

I need to be able to share my screen with a coworker at a different location WITHIN a chat. I also need my coworker to be able take over my computer within chat. Right now it seems you can only share your screen during a meeting.

348 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is done! Happy holidays. Tweet me at @skprufo if you have any questions.
    Suphatra

15. Add "quick reply" box to chat notification

Add one line text box to the new message notification so I can respond to a message quickly without switching the apps.

234 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news everyone, this item has released to the public!

Enjoy!
    -Warren

16. Render linked images

If I link an image by URL (jpg, gif, etc.) render it inline in the chat as if I had pasted the image from my clipboard.

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Marking this as completed as a preview of linked images is now shown!

Thank you all for the feedback.
    -Warren

17. Missed Skype For Business Messages Disappear

Currently if I am in Teams and someone from Skype sends me a message while I am away or do not click the notification immediately the message becomes missed completely. Skype For Business will open a window if you have it open but if you do not once the notification window closes the message is lost.

It would be nice to have the message open in Teams, bold like a pending message is so that no messages are lost.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has completed and has been released to the public.

Thank you for the feedback/suggestion.

-Warren

18. Alt+A and Alt+S affecting Polish character for ą

Captures global shortcut for polish diacritics (ą, ś) alt+s, alt+a

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to announce that build 33658 has been released to the public, so you should be receiving the update if you don’t have it already. Thank to everyone who confirmed the fix worked for them, and thanks again for your patience as we worked thru this tricky issue.

Alex & the Teams team

19. Mark message as unread

Sometimes you might be busy when you read a new message and would like to come back to it at a later time. I'd like the option to mark a message as unread so I know to come back to it after a meeting for example.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is done!

Just hover over the upper left side of any message and click the ellipses. On the fly out window, choose “Mark as Unread.”

Thanks,
    Suphatra

20. Like button in chats

Add like button to chats?

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It took a little longer than we expected, but the ability to “Like” messages is now live!

Thank you all for your feedback and help making Teams better.
    -Warren

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base