Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Backup, export, printing, archive options

Can Teams chat and activities data be exported, printed, archived, and backed up/restored? Within Sharepoint or elsewhere? This could be necessary for a few reasons both during projects and for historical records.

1,835 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

276 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review. No new updates at this time.
    -Warren

2. Forwarding message feature!

Title speaks for itself :) That would be really cool.

Love you, MT!

458 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still under review, no decision has been made. But I will keep following up with the feature team and providing them your feedback.

-Warren

3. Add option to have non-threaded channels

I'd like the capability when I add a new channel to make it non-threaded. Threaded conversations are great for some channel topics, but other more casual channels get too cluttered with multiple threads. I'd prefer to have the flexibility to decide which format I want when I create the channel.

456 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still being considered by the feature team but a final decision has not yet been made. I’m still awaiting more details.

-Warren

4. Can incoming emails sent into a channel generate notifications the same way conversations do?

If I'm following a channel I'd like to be able to receive notifications on ALL activity in that channel. The biggest thing that's missing is the ability to get banner notifications and a number in the Teams icon (like when someone posts a new conversation) for incoming emails to the channel.

We want to have a group of people monitor automated alerts coming into a channel and respond to them but without notifications we have to keep bringing the Teams window up and manually checking it.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being reviewed by the feature team. No ETA for a decision yet.

-Warren

5. I'm missing some chat history

I have a chat with 2 colleagues. I saw some messages from one colleague in our chat on my Android phone on my way to work. When I got to work and started Teams for Windows 10 I started chatting with my colleague again, but I was missing a big chunk of the conversation history. Any idea what might be going on? It’s a real bummer not knowing if I’m missing messages. Especially weird that I saw it in one client (Android) but not the other (Windows 10).

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  29 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Do NOT reorder messages based on replies

If a message has replies, Teams changes the order of messages so that the original message takes on the timestamp of the latest reply.

DO. NOT. DO. THAT.

It is horribly flow-breaking to have the original conversation reordered based on later replies. This is totally unnecessary. The Activity feed can help me quickly jump to "new" posts regardless of their location in the channel order.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP CHANGING WHAT I TYPE

I absolutly HATE the way that when I type something chances are it's going to change to be something I didn't type. I would like to see the live preview of everything removed completely and for this to use github flavored markdown along with a consistent emoji syntax :joy:

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A single place to see all incoming message

It's currently very hard to see which messages are unread, you have to find all conversation and team channel written in bold in 2 distinct tab.
    It could be find that the Activity tab or a new tab name "Recent" list all conversation and team channel in a same place ordering them with most recent on top.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share T-Bot Answers with the Team

T-Bot is great, but I can't share the results with my Team so I have to tell them what to ask him for.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

I love this idea! I’ve sent it over to our T-bot guy. :-)

I’ll keep you posted on where this goes.

Suphatra

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.