Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create personal Microsoft Todo task right from a message in Teams

My colleagues often request the team to do things in a teams channel (eg collect data, fill out a form, find someone). Right now I can mark the message as unread, save it for later or copy a link and enter it into my ToDo list.

It would be great to create a personal task right from the message (or reply) in ToDo including the title, message and deep link to the post/message. This would dramatically increase productivity.

In case you'd like to provide additional value, create a drop-down-like picker which shows the individual ToDo lists of a user (e.g.…

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create UNC link

The possibility to add UNC links (\xxxxxx***) to chat messages or wiki entries would be desirable.

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We really need "Paste as plain text" in the Teams desktop client

Please add a "Paste as plain text" option to the right-click menu in all text areas in the Teams desktop client that accept formatted text.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Message Reminder

Like save, remind me later with various time options, ideally with a couple of preset or configurable timelines as well as a calendar/date and time option.

A message appears that I need to remind myself to review, reply or otherwise act on. I hit the 3 little dots, and remind me <date time>.

That date and time comes up, I get an alert, private message from myself or teams or something,and I can go address it.

Saved link is a good feature but that reminder, while in Teams would help keep us from needing to set a task elsewhere, link…

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reply feature

Allow to REPLY messages in desktop version, this feature is already on mobile version

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shared Mailbox and Teams Collaboration Space

It would be good to have a convergence of Outlook Shared Mailbox's and Microsoft Teams. At present, emails in Shared Mailbox's are very static with no ability to know if matters have been actioned. Furthermore, there is no ability to collaborate on email.
    If we could link Shared Mailbox's to Teams, we could collaborate on email.
    Scenario:
    - Imagine a Service Team who has an existing Microsoft Team called "Service"
    - This is great for chat, sharing files and all the goodness that Teams brings.

Problem: - However, they are likely to also have a Shared Mailbox called "Service@companyname.com

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams needs an AUDIO alert when messages are posted to chat just like a mobile text message alert sound.

Teams needs an AUDIO alert option that can be turned on or off by the user when messages are posted to chat and channels just like a mobile text message alert sound.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Maximum message length is too short.

Quite often when sending code snippets between team members we often have to create a file with the code and upload the file. The other team members then need to download the files and open them, instead of being able to copy and paste directly from teams.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Combine multiple chat windows (stack chats)

I love the new multi-window chats in Teams, but of course, nothing is ever perfect the first time around.

I know this is very Skype-ish, but being able to pup out chats but have them combined in one window (with a list of chats on the let) is actually one of the most useful features in Skype. Right now, I have five Teams chats open (so five different windows), which is very common for me, but having so many windows is a bit cumbersome. Also (and this was already mentioned in a different post), it would be great if pop-out…

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Copy link" (aka permalink) doesn't work properly (bug)

I'm using Teams on a Mac.

Today I opened up Teams and was delighted to discover that there is now a "Copy link" option under the three-dot menu on each message. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Upon using it I would have expected to get a URL in my clipboard (pretty safe assumption for a menu item labelled "Copy link") but that's not what happened. Instead, this is what ended up in my clipboard:

Firstname lastname: Request you to add some links or documents regarding …
    posted in Technology Communities/Tech Renewal General Ideas and Questions at 23 Mar 2018 04:44

I…

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  34 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When you delete a message also delete the replies associated.

Currently when you delete the main message the associated replies will still exist. As the original poster you should be able to delete your post which should delete the entire string.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. markdown preview

Markdown is now here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16911154-markdown-support (that's great).

However it would also be great if we could preview a message written in markdown before we post it

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Text Messages

I would like to be able to send and receive text messages from my Microsoft Teams phone number.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple Group chats

Cannot have more than 1 group chat with same members. I dont want to create a "Team" for things that do NOT need all the Team bells and whistles (Sharepoint, Cal, etc). But we would like to have more than 1 group chat with the same members but with different chat names. ie: Chat Name: Oranges Chatters: Joe, Jane & John. Chat Name: Apples Chatters: Joe, Jane & John.. Cant do it currently. It will only allow to change the chat name

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Turn Email Thread into Chat

It would be great if you could take an email and turn that into a Teams chat. There are countless back and forth emails that could be better solved thru a Teams chat.

In Outlook there could be a button to "Convert to Chat" or "Move to Teams". This would then take the thread and recipients and move the entire conversation into Teams.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Behavior when deleting posted message

When a user deletes a message, the deleted history remains on the chat.
    "This message has been deleted"
    We want a setting that disappears after a certain period of time because the deleted message remains as garbage.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When Chat Window is popped out, make the pop out Windows blink on Taskbar instead of the primary Teams Window

First off thank you for finally adding pop out chat.
    That being said when I have chat windows popped out and I get a new message, I would prefer that only the popped out chat window blink to notify me instead of making the primary Teams Windows/console

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pin Conversation

Currently the conversation feed has a nice conglomeration of threaded conversations. However, every now and then we need to post an important announcement that gets lost in a bunch of other conversations and we have to "bump" it to the latest. I'd like to be able to pin a conversation that appears on the right or left side of the main conversation feed for greater visibility; there's already a lot of dead space on the sides (especially for those with ultrawide monitors) so let's put it to work.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy entire message information

Please allow full message detail copying. For complete incident work within Teams, you should be able to copy the poster, date/time, and the message all into copy.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pin any chat/thread

Where some tabs allow for "tab conversations" on the right-side... allow us to pin any chat to that area that stays open until we close it. I find I'm often engaged in a conversation while trying to accomplish tasks in other tabs and having to switch Teams/Channels/Tabs all the time just to type a quick response is tedious, inefficient and slow.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base