Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show previews of videos in Microsoft Stream like you do for YouTube & Vimeo

I love the automatic preview I get when I paste a hyperlink to a YouTube or Vimeo video in a conversation tab message. I want the same thing for videos I post to my company's Microsoft Stream.

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. multiple windows

I need a way to have the shared screen I'm viewing not interfere with my chatting with other people. Even chatting with the group that the shared screen is with would be easier if it wasn't just a column next to the screen share. just allow for multiple windows please.

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Post reply to email as a Reply in original Conversation

Currently, Teams provides the ability to send an e-mail to a specific Team/Channel which gets copied in as a new Conversation. However, if that e-mail is sent to individuals as well as the Channel email address, any replies to the email thread generate a new conversation in the Team Channel. Would it be possible to have a reply to the email thread post as a reply to the conversation in Teams instead of generating a new conversation?

The use case for this is that I sent an email to some clients and copied the Channel address so that all members…

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Teams Chat to Outlook Web App sidebar & Outlook Desktop App

Currently in Outlook Web App (Exchange Online Plan 1 and up) users have the ability to open Skype for Business chat in the right-hand sidebar. As Skype for Business sunsets and we ultimately move all of our users to Teams, it would be beneficial to have Teams chat as an option in the Outlook Web App.

It would also be a huge bonus if we could add it to the Outlook Desktop App as many of our users prefer the desktop app over OWA.

I don't think Outlook needs to house all the functionality of Teams (or vice versa) but…

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Categorize Saved Messages

I would like to have the ability to categorize saved messages. I have a list of messages with key decisions I would like to reference at a later date and it would be helpful to be able to find these saved messages within a folder.

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Email integrated to Teams

If Microsoft Teams could centralised our emails, it would the best tools ever. We are all working in team on projects. Many of us received different email on own mailbox, If we could simply drag and drop emails from our mailbox in a team mailbox it would be simple for everyone to search emails concerning our team project... Also if we could make exchange rule to automatically copy an incoming email to a team mailbox regading sender or subject...

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I'm missing some chat history

I have a chat with 2 colleagues. I saw some messages from one colleague in our chat on my Android phone on my way to work. When I got to work and started Teams for Windows 10 I started chatting with my colleague again, but I was missing a big chunk of the conversation history. Any idea what might be going on? It’s a real bummer not knowing if I’m missing messages. Especially weird that I saw it in one client (Android) but not the other (Windows 10).

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  68 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. mark content as spoiler

A certain film came out recently, which I have yet to see. However, as Teams is used for more than just work related communication, articles about said film are being published. One of the biggest culprits is articles with spoilers in the blurb or headline.

It would be nice if there was a way to mark these posts as "spoilers", so that perhaps by default they are collapsed with a hint to why it was marked as a spoiler. Then, when the post is tapped on, the content could be shown. This way, the content isn't exposed for those that…

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Channel Moderation for General Channel

Channel moderation feature was introduced in 2019 allowing owners to chose if they want Members to reply on a post or not.

This is a very useful feature and is missing for general channel. Could you please extend this feature for general Channel as well ?

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Delete all user’s chat history in bulk in Microsoft Teams

I would like users, admin, or Teams owner to delete all user’s chat history in bulk.

It is possible to delete chats one by one, but it takes time to delete multiple chats.
    If you could implement the same feature for channel chat, it would be possible to delete different user’s chats.

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Clear chat history.

Basically if two people want to have a conversation and some of that conversation would desired to be private, clear the chat history. (or just a way to have a sub conversation that clears history like incognito mode)

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. chat subject line

Can we add a subject line (or title) to a chat, like we can to a channel message?

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Away not automatically setting

I need to not be marked away when I am inactive for 5 minutes. Often I print items or am reading something and it marks me as away even though I am at my computer and can answer a message immediately. Let me set my away status or set a time.

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Contacts & Groups Collapse & Expand

In the "Chat" page, when you click on "Contacts" I find all my groups which are transferred from Skype for business. Now, that is perfect. BUT! Every group gets automatically expanded to show all members of each group! This is of course catastrophic. Even when you click on each group to collapse them and then it looks fine. But if you navigate somewhere else in Teams and then go back to "Contacts" then all members have been expanded again! So I have about 200 contacts in a long row, which makes all the groups completely un-usable! Please fix this or…

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow "bumping" or "nudging" of messages in chat

Would love to be able to "bump" or "nudge" a previously sent message that may have not been responded after a while when chatting directly with an individual or group Ideally, the person who the "bump" was sent to would get an additional alert or notification to remind them they need to respond.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create ad hoc group chats from distribution list

It would be great if we could start an Ad-Hoc group chat by entering an AD distribution list or email enabled security group in the add a user field. in case you want to send a message to a department or group but it doesn't make sense for you to join their group.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Resolve/Close conversation

Many of the the conversations in Teams are about a pending task, a found issue or a problem that need to be solved.

It would be great if once it has been solved (adding a bug, explaining the solution, ...) we could somehow "hide" the conversation. But not removing it, as it can be reviewed at any time.
    Being able to assign the standard "bug statuses" would help, "Active", "Resolved", "Closed"

Thanks

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Threaded conversations

Teams is ok for quick information exhange but it tends to break down into confusing mess when there are more than 10 messages per channel. So the solution would be to have really threaded conversations. This is something that we already had back in 1990's in the newsgroups. So you can clearly see who is answering to what topic and each conversation can have multiple clear branches. Each conversation also would have a subject so that you can easily spot the topic you want to check. Obviously by default the threads would be minimized and you could open them by-topic.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Teams is already threaded! Just make sure to use the “Reply” button instead of the bottom compose bar when responding to someone’s previous post. That will thread the conversation.

19. need to be able to copy paste pictures

Copy and pasting pictures is marked as completed, because you can copy and paste into the clipboard and then copy and paste into the messaging. That is a giant waste of time.

I should be able to copy and paste images directly into this.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Auto pop out chat just like the new feature for meetings.

Allow new chats to auto pop out when you receive the message making more similar to skype for business. It is a lot easier to see the new messages that way.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base