Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a location for 'draft' messages, like there is for 'saved'.

f you write an email and don't send it, the window stays open and it's saved in your drafts folder.. If you write an IM in SFB and don't send it the window or tab stays open.... end of the day when you are closing down you find you've got maybe several emails and chat messages you didn't send.
    With Teams and it's single pane, if you are distracted when writing a message (channel, 1:1, or group), and you navigate away, there is no way to know unless you go back.. but if I'd gone to the bottom of my…

273 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

32 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Function for sending a countdown to channel or person

I suggest adding a feature that sends a countdown to a channel or person (a line of text that counts down to a specific time).

In it's simplest from it would just be a command like /countdown [minutes] [description] that would add a line of text to the chat which would continuously be updated to count down.

Just a simple countdown is the main reason for this idea but it can be built upon further and improved in many ways such as:
    * Popup with a date/time selector
    * Link that let's you add the countdown to your calendar
    *…

270 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do NOT reorder messages based on replies

If a message has replies, Teams changes the order of messages so that the original message takes on the timestamp of the latest reply.

DO. NOT. DO. THAT.

It is horribly flow-breaking to have the original conversation reordered based on later replies. This is totally unnecessary. The Activity feed can help me quickly jump to "new" posts regardless of their location in the channel order.

251 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  31 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dark theme problems!

See thread for issues related to dark theme. Here are some that are noted:

1. In dark theme, the warning messages are quite unreadable in the private messaging window

2. When an email is sent in from Outlook on the Web when I’m using the dark theme, the text in the email is very dark as per the original email. When viewing this email with Teams using the default (light) theme, it looks great.

3. In Teams chat, no way to turn text back to WHITE, when using the dark theme.

4. Using the dark theme, I have to hunt around a bit to…

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still being worked upon. No additional status to share

Items still in the works:
    2), 4), 5) and 7)

Items we cannot repro:
    6) and it doesn’t appear people are hitting it, but let me know

Items that are completed and in the public release:
    1) and 3)

-Warren

5. If you create a group chat, can you delete the group?

Have the option to delete a group chat completely.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Forward Conversations to chat/another team/channel

I love this feature in mobile - would really use it in the Windows app/browser/Mac app. The ability to take a chat message, or channel message, and from the '. . .' menu have the forward option, where you can forward the message to another person, or to another channel/team.
    That would help us use group chat for conversations outside of the team with non team members, then take the final message that has a solution to a 'problem' and pass it back to the team.

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Left Align Chat messaging

For individual/group chats (not the Teams chat), can you PLEASE left align the chat, it's too reminiscent of AOL. There is no need for the back and forth, left to right between two people.

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Full width chat

On desktop, chat takes up only the center of available field. Woiuld be much better use of space, if the chat was full width

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Org Wide Broadcast Messages

I think it would be nice to have the ability to send out messages to all users in the organization. This would be useful for emergencies or other company wide broadcasts.

219 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pop Out Entire Chat List in New Window

Similar to having Skype Chat. It would be helpful to have a window of your chats separate from your Teams window that you can pop out. This would enable chatting and not disrupting the work that you are doing. The singular pop outs for chat is great, but you are not easily able to change to a new chat without disturbing your workspace within Teams.

215 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Code Snippet Improvements - Shortcuts, Copy/Paste, Wrapping

Sharing code is very clunky on Teams. I'd argue that the most people do multiline block comments to share code however this causes problems with line endings, wrapping, and ultimately copy and pasting. There are a number of tickets around this, so I think the entire concept needs to be rethought.

Ideally, I'd like to see:
    1. Shortcut for Code Snippet - Most assume that Markdown (```) is the default way to share code, this is not true. Currently, as a developer, I need to mouse over to a format button, mouse over to a ellipsis of more options, and…

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SMS

SMS to Teams phone system. Would love to have people "text" my work number and it show as a chat in Teams. Would love to start a chat in Teams and it is sent as an SMS to a mobile device.

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Team owners to drag broken conversation threads back to the main conversation.

We often get broken threads by people replying too quickly to a conversation and using the 'Start new conversation' as opposed to 'reply'. This really kills the threaded conversation, and leads to multiple conversations occurring and out of order. Team owners, or perhaps a 'channel' admin role, should be able to drag the broken threads back to the main conversation in order to rebuild the conversation. Having to tell people to 'use reply' is insulting. This is also true when an email comes into the channel that is about a conversation, but creates its own thread.

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow self @Tag

Allow the use of the @Tag feature to tag yourself to better visualize that you are claiming responsibility for something. Currently @MyName does not bring up an option to select myself, only my teammates.

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Quote/Reply

Its funny that Quote/Reply feature is available for Android app but not available on Desktop client. Its such a useful and small feature to leave out.

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Removed messages should disappear from Activity/Feed

I noticed that when a user posts a message on any channel then the same user removes it, the message remains visible in all users activity/Feed list.

At last for users that received the notification for that message.

A deleted message should not be visible/readable in the activity/feed.

198 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can incoming emails sent into a channel generate notifications the same way conversations do?

If I'm following a channel I'd like to be able to receive notifications on ALL activity in that channel. The biggest thing that's missing is the ability to get banner notifications and a number in the Teams icon (like when someone posts a new conversation) for incoming emails to the channel.

We want to have a group of people monitor automated alerts coming into a channel and respond to them but without notifications we have to keep bringing the Teams window up and manually checking it.

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still being reviewed by the feature team. No ETA for a decision yet.

-Warren

18. Send Audio Recording from Microsoft Teams Desktop

I see you can press the microphone button now and send an audio message directly from a mobile device. Can we also have that button for the desktop app?

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Block someone from being able to chat.

The ability to block team members from chatting with you.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When sharing a chat to new persons, also files in that chat should be shared.

When sharing a chat to new persons, also files in that chat should be shared automatically.
    Currently when you add persons to existing chat that does apply permissions to files shared earlier (prior adding new persons) when you have shared chat history.

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base