Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove the need to constantly log in

Something has changed, but over the past 2 weeks, each time I reboot, or even resume from sleep, I'm presented with the SSO/ADFS signin page within Teams. As most users don't even notice this, most remain perpetually logged out, defeating the purpose of Teams.

964 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  131 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Meeting in Outlook

It would be nice to be able to create a Teams meeting directly in Outlook similar to what Skype for Business does now.

407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Name a chat

When you start a chat with some people, this chat appears in the Chat tab with the names of people in the chat, and there is no way to rename it. It would be helpful to be able to rename a chat.

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

You can now “name a chat” by clicking the edit icon on the left side of the text field. Tweet me at @skprufo if you have any questions!

-Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

4. Files in Teams should be Files in Office 365 Group the team was created from

Created a Team by selecting an Office 365 Group. This Group has sharepoint files etc... expect existing files to show up.

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add timestamps on replies and chats

Please add time-stamps for replies and chats. Right now, it gives the day (i.e. Yesterday). But the next day, I can't tell when messages were sent/received. Thanks!

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys, sorry for the double email on this. I got some details wrong. Whoops! Let me start over…

A few months ago, you provided this feedback. We went and created this feature. Now you can see the time and date stamps in the product. Yay!

Note: When a message is sent on the same day, you won’t see the date (unless you hover) — you’ll only see the time. After the same day, you’ll see a timestamp of the exact date and time.

Ping me if you have questions on this! See contact info below.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams
    Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

6. SSO using ADFS / AzureAD

Is there a way to have the desktop app not prompt for credentials? We use ADFS and AzureAD and opening the Teams Desktop App requires an email address and password instead of just passing it through?

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  swatijha responded

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your feedback. With our GA release, we have enabled SSO on Windows. We now support Native ADAL integration.
    Hope you all have experienced the change and enjoying smooth login experience.

Swati Jhawar
    Microsoft Teams

7. Allow chat to have more than 10 participants

Today only 10 participants are allowed in chats.

Its essential to remove this limit.

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! We’ve increased chat to 20 participants.

If you have any questions, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Thanks,
    Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

8. Teams icon doesn't appear in O365 after enabling in settings

Added in settings. A few hours later no sign of teams anywhere. Found a link to the domain and that works. It is a preview I guess... but if the option is there, would kind of expect it to appear in the App menu etc.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Angela Sze responded

Thanks for your patience – the Teams tile now appears in the O365 waffle! Let us know what you think!

9. Integrate Microsoft FindTime

Would love to have the ability to post a Microsoft FindTime poll within a Team for scheduling meetings within the group. It's already a plugin for Outlook, integrating it with Teams could allow a quick FindTime poll with the members of the team, rather than having to manually select each member of the team every time a poll is needed.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have released this feature for iOS and Android! Please let us know what you think!

11. search tool needs to search notes content

The search tool in MS Teams needs to provide results from content within notes & the files saved to the Teams site.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The search tool can search through files. After you type a term into the search field, just click the “Files” tab that will appear underneath the search field. That will retrieve all the files that have that search term in its content. Let me know if you have any questions!

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

Twitter: @skprufo

12. embed SharePoint Page as a tab

It would be nice to make use of SharePoint new authoring canvas and embed page as a tab.
    As an example, I would like to have a "Home tab" that would have the SharePoint Team site home page with news and activity webpart

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  13 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add subject to private chat conversation

While a private chat could be seen as one long conversation, adding a subject and threading can help keep a conversation topic together. Much like an email between two people.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can do this by clicking the pencil icon next to the chat name, which defaults to show the list of users in the chat. When you click the pencil, a fly out text box will appear and you can type a custom name for that group chat.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a happy Thursday!

Suphatra

14. "Blinking" notification on task bar when you get a chat message/is mentioned such as in Skype For Business.

When someone sends you a chat message on Skype for business, the icon in the task bar starts blinkning with a yellow/gold-ish tint. This would be awesome to have for Microsoft Teams since the banners eventually disappear and you can easily miss it.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We currently have very similar behavior to Skype for business, where our task bar icon initially blinks that settles into a yellow tint when you get a chat / @-mention. In addition, we add a red badge to the task bar icon for any new Activity. Please let us know if you aren’t seeing these!

15. link to channel

Please provide the ability to share a link to a channel. This hinders adoption. Instead of asking people to 'Click this link to participate in the discussion' I have to ask them to open Teams, Find the appropriate Team and then search for the channel.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Not automatically invite the whole team to a channel meeting.

When I created a meeting on a channel related topic (in this case, a Testing channel) and invited one other required attendee who is in another office, Teams automatically invited the whole team.

Since it was mostly a 1-on-1 meeting it didn't make sense to invite everyone... but I still wanted the meeting to have visibility in the channel so everyone knew it was happening.

It'd be nice to be able to specify whether or not to send meeting invites to everyone on the team for a 1-on-1 meeting in a channel.

If I wanted to invite the whole team…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix font size issue using Teams Client on 2 screens with different resolutions

On the win Client, when Teams is running on my Surface screen, and I then connect to my second screen with different screen resolution, Team's font is super-small, barely readable. Moving its window over to my Surface screen, everthing is back in order.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show notifcation badges on the desktop client

Right now, if you miss a notification on the desktop client, it's not super obvious. It would be great to have a badge on the app's icon showing the number of notifications pending. Kinda like how Outlook gets the email badge, or Skype (real Skype) gets the little badge showing pending notifications. Without this, it sort of disappears into the background.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We currently show a red badge in the task bar when you have unseen activity. We will also highlight our icon with a yellow tint when you have missing chats. Please let us know if you are not seeing this behavior.

19. Option to view documents (PDF) inside Teams

At least for PDF documents, there should be a way to view these team files directly in the client, instead of always opening them in the web browser. This is useful when you just want to take a quick look at some doc. and don't want to be thrown out of Teams just for that - it's even more annoying when you use the dark theme, while the browser is completely white. Of course, the option to download should still remain.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spellcheck?

Is there an option for Spellcheck?

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base