Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More integrations in Outlook

When reading an email in Outlook, we have the options to "Reply", "Reply All", "Forward" etc. It would be nice to also have an option to discuss in Teams instead of having to forward to the email associated with the team. This will help get users out of the habit of clicking "Reply" and discussing directly through email.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Zapier

Bring Zapier integration! Please Please Please!!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Re-thread button to thread accidental new messages

Frequently, someone types in a new message thread, when they mean to Reply to an existing thread. Flowdock (a similar app) allows you to re-thread these new messages into the last thread you wrote in with a single click. This would be a fantastic feature.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. personal mute light FOR WHEN I AM MUTED OR NOT

personal mute light FOR WHEN I AM MUTED OR NOT (that doesn't disappear)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Federation with the Matrix Protocol

I know there are already a lot of requests for federation. This is a different type of request though, as it is more specific:

Similar to how true email federation uses open source federated protocols like IMAP, SMTP, POP3, true federated banquet style chat applications should also use open source federated protocols to allow other clients & hosts.

The Matrix protocol (which is managed by a non-profit organization) is the most popular way to do this. I would love if Microsoft Teams added support for this to allow it to truly replace email, and communicate with customers, vendors, etc. that…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Videos from support.microsoft.com cannot be embedded into Groups

you can embed videos from youtube but not from Microsoft's own support site

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. iOS shortcuts

Please consider adding some hooks for Apple’s shortcuts on iPadOS and iOS.

In my immediate tinkering with the new iOS update to 13.0, I was trying to make a shortcut to send one message to a few people by text and to a small group in Teams. Since there are no hooks/commands from Teams in shortcuts, this action is not possible.

With more ideas, this could be a robust addition to Teams on iOS.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Favorite / Pinned Contacts on 3PIP Phones

User was on S4B with a Certified 3PIP Phone
    User Used the Favorites Option to Add Contacts/Speed Dials to the Device and/or Expansion Module of the Certified 3PIP Phone
    User Migrates to Teams Only Mode
    Contacts are Imported into Teams Client
    You Can no longer edit the contacts that are favorites/pinned on the 3PIP device.
    I understand that's its not a Teams Device but you can't expect us to upgrade all devices to new desk phones which were just deployed in the last 12 months.

Please make a way to have pinned contacts manageable on the existing 3PIP Phones.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Poor quality image pasted in Teams thread

If I copy and paste an image file or use Ctrl + Alt + PrtScn to capture a screen shot and paste it in Teams thread, the image is shown in the thread, but its quality is poor.
    If we see the image as a file, the quality is fine, but I would request the image in the thread should be better quality.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Teams analytics show up on Delve Myanalytics

Teams activity should show up in the analytics reporting of Delve. Email information.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stated supported browser versions are not supported.

Several places Teams' documentation/guidance states: "Use supported internet browsers, which include: Internet Explorer 11+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Chrome 51.0+, and Firefox 47.0+."

However, I've found that the most recent Chrome version which is supported is 59, and the most recent Firefox version which is supported is 52.

Otherwise the message to download an updated browser or use the Teams app is displayed.

This is on Windows 10.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Website Links opening externally to Teams

When using the website tab in Teams, it's not always convinient to open it inside of Teams but rather in the browser as Teams limits the functionality of the website.

There is currently the option to open in a website only once you have already opened the tab. The Team admin should be able to set the link to open directly in the browser.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. youtube subscribe

I'd like a Connector that can subscribe to a YouTube channel (in the same way I can follow a Twitter account or hashtag)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Correctly sync contact information registered in Exchange Online with Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Exchange Online にて登録した連絡先情報が Microsoft Teams 側に正しく同期されない
    Correctly sync contact information registered in Exchange Online with Teams

■Description(内容):
    Exchange Online と Microsoft Teams を利用しており、それぞれ連絡先機能を利用しています。
    基本的に Exchange Online にて連絡先に登録や削除等の編集をした際は自動的に Microsoft Teams 側の連絡先にも同期が行われる動作となっています。
    しかし、現状の動作として内部のエラー等により同期が正常に完了しないケースがあります。
    連絡先を Exchange Online と Microsoft Teams それぞれで登録する必要が出てきますが、工数がかなり発生するため、必ず同期が行われるような機能の実装を要望します。

We are using both Exchange Online and Microsoft Teams, and making use of a number of contact information functions.
    When contacts are added or deleted in Exchange Online, they are automatically synced in Microsoft Teams as well.
    However, there are cases currently where an error is returned from this process, and the sync does not complete correctly.
    Since…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Interoperability with NDI software in Microsoft Teams

We would like to start using OBS for Live Events, however there appears to be no support in Microsoft Teams for any components of NDI. I believe this is supported in the Skype, so I feel the same feature needs to come to Microsoft teams! Especially for those that wish to perform "professional" grade broadcasts!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Widget to Embed on Organization Intranet

Ability to create widget for Teams will greatly help adopt MS Teams for our organization. Currently, we have increased adoption rate of Yammer in our organization by adding Yammer widget to Intranet site which has 65000+ users. Those widgets are also used in the organization iOS and Android app. Similarly is Teams has this ability it will help exposing Teams to employees

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. email team directly

It would be good if we could create an email to the entire Team, directly from the root team's context menu.

rather than having to go back to Outlook, find the group definition an create an email from there.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Per! I’m sorry, I know this has been a pain. We’re working on it and should have this resolved soon. Stay tuned.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

19. Auto Attendant Webhook and Azure Functions

It would be great to be able to add a Webhook and Or an Azure Function as a step in an auto attendant. This would allow retrieval of data from a customer database for example. Once the customer database lookup was finished the response could be used as conditions in the later parts of the auto attendant.

This would really increase the power and flexibility of Microsoft Auto Attendant(s)

Example Use Case: Customer calls into the auto attendant, the auto attendant will inform the customer that we are retrieving their account. A web hook or call to an azure function…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Offer option to open .csv files in Excel please:)

For .csv files stored in the files tab, it would be nice to be able to "view" them using Excel in teams as well as open them in Excel from Teams.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base