Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable a right-click menu for the main chat box

Right now, if I have something like a link from Edge on my clipboard that I want to paste into the chat box and send, I can't use my mouse to do that because right-clicking in that box does an automatic search using whatever text is highlighted. This is kind of useless. Most of the time, when I highlight something, I want to copy/cut and paste it. Just enable normal right-click menus for text editing!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow team conversations to be visible in Outlook client

As an information worker, I live inside the Outlook client, as external clients as well as internal teams communicate via email. Would be nice to have the Teams data be visible through the Outlook client similar to what we have for Skype conversations, and O365 groups.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Merged  ·  v-brorob responded

Within outlook you can view your Teams under Groups, for each Team you can subscribe or leave the conversation.

3. When on my iPad email, links to folders/files in Teams open up in the browser and don’t work. Anyway to open these links in the Team app?

When on my iPad email, links to folders/files in Teams open up in the browser and don’t work. Anyway to open these links in the Team app?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MS Teams emails are sent to the spam folder because of badly configured SPF

Hello, there seems to be an issue with the emails that are sent by MS Teams - they fail the spam test (specifically the SPF records are not properly set) :

ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;
    dkim=pass header.i=@wiley.onmicrosoft.com header.s=selector2-wiley-onmicrosoft-com header.b=ZjKcZ/OV;
    spf=fail (google.com: domain of noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com does not designate 104.47.36.48 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com;
    dmarc=fail (p=REJECT sp=REJECT dis=QUARANTINE) header.from=microsoft.com

The result is that, by default, all Teams email fall in the spam if you are using a gmail account...

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better support for hi-dpi and docking

I have a Surface Book that gets docked and undocked regularly. The external monitor is not a high-res display, and consequently, the size and layout of the desktop app gets pretty weird after docking. Essentially, the app can't be used unless the window is made super wide.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customize Video Screens layout

It would be great to have the ability to customize the layout when in a Teams call. Specifically, I would like to be able to move all the participant video screens across the bottom to the top of the screen...with the content being displayed under all the participant video screens.

Thank You!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Document Set in Teams

Make document sets from Sharepoint Available in Teams, or give us the full Sharepoint Document Library feature Set.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to integrate with on-premise Jira instance

The ability to integrate an on-premise instance of Jira (that is externally accessible) would be highly advantageous for organisations not yet read to move this workload to Jira Cloud

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Send an instant message with Teams by clicking on an Office contact card IM icon

From an Office contact card, it should be possible to click on the Instant Messaging icon to inititate instant messaging thru Teams.
    Same with calls and videos.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate with Microsoft AutoUpdate on Mac

It would make managing the app easier for those of us who use a MAU caching/manifest server.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Azure File Share Support

It would be great to see support for Azure File Shares (or some form of Azure Storage) so that we can create custom file stores. AWS storage support would be a nice to have also... even if just read-only. I would suppose at the moment we can add a web page URL to an S3 bucket, for example, however this doesn't allow it to show up with all other Files. I'm looking for all files to be centrally located so they are easy for people to find. Thanks in advance for considering this.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add built in support for SIP video calling to allow native calling of third party video conferencing facilities.

There are free third party apps in the various app stores that are capable of dialling SIP addresses natively, including the free Polycome RealPresence Mobile app. Teams should have this capability natively to be able to call VC units, but also to include those same SIP addresses in conferences.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. bad request error when trying to edit a word document in teams

when I try and open a certain formatted template we use, I get a "bad request" error. I can edit in word, but cannot do the same thing in Teams. I can edit standard formats without issue.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Save Skype4Bus Conversations

If you leave the application open it keeps the conversations you have and with individuals. If you close the application you lose these and the flow of the conversation. Save conversations so they don't disappear (or pull them from save conversations folder int he mailbox)

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Inability to print OneNote in Teams

Teams does not have the ability to print a OneNote note, yet I can print other MS documents from within Teams. Currently need to open OneNote online or app to print.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. copy & paste a picture to Outlook

Hi Team,
    it's not possible to copy & paste a Picture from Teams chat to an Outlook Email. Constantly I'm only seeing a white frame in Outlook.
    System: Windows 10 1809, Outlook Client of O365 (monthly channel)
    Please fix this.
    Kind regards,
    Daniel

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Exportable reporting data

Ability to export report data for external reporting and warehousing.
    I.e. extract data from and WebAPI that allow custom reporting by exposing data on a granular level?

E.g. session details, conference, voice quality, screen sharing etc. much like what exist for Skype for Business today (on site).

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support Seamless SSO (Password Synchronization) for web app and Desktop app

We use Azure AD Connect in "Password Synchronization" mode and Seamless SSO activated. This works great for the Outlook Web App but does not work for Teams - neither the Teams Web App nor the Desktop client. User still need to type in their user name manually. The password is not prompted.

Please enable Seamless SSO for Teams, just like for Outlook Web App.

Background information:
    - Seamless SSO set up according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnect-sso-quick-start
    - We do not use any kind of federation, so this completed user voice does not apply: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16940257-sso-using-adfs-azuread
    - We start the Outlook Web App with…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. GitHub Enterprise Connection - GitHub profile pics are broken.

I use the GitHub Enterprise Connector, and it's pulling in things just fine. But profile pictures are broken. See the attached screenshot.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microsoft Teams Room Systems

Hello Everyone,

May we please suggest that Microsoft Teams provides the same features for Skype Room Systems (with the Conversation, Content and share tray abilities) for Microsoft Teams meetings for conference rooms?

Thank you for taking the time to help bring this idea into fruition.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base