Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When calls to skype (consumer) can be made, we need to be able to share screens

I use skype for business so will move over to Teams once it can communicate with skype (consumer) as many of my clients still use skype (consumer).
    However I often need to share screens so the ability to share screens between Teams / skype for business and skype (consumer) is essential.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable a right-click menu for the main chat box

Right now, if I have something like a link from Edge on my clipboard that I want to paste into the chat box and send, I can't use my mouse to do that because right-clicking in that box does an automatic search using whatever text is highlighted. This is kind of useless. Most of the time, when I highlight something, I want to copy/cut and paste it. Just enable normal right-click menus for text editing!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better support for hi-dpi and docking

I have a Surface Book that gets docked and undocked regularly. The external monitor is not a high-res display, and consequently, the size and layout of the desktop app gets pretty weird after docking. Essentially, the app can't be used unless the window is made super wide.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. chat history between skype and teams

Trying out MS Teams while most of the organization is still using Skype for chat. Open a chat in teams with someone still using Skype I can chat fine. My problem is the chat history within teams is lost, can't effectively resume a conversation.

​The chat history does go to my outlook conversation history but that's not an easy way to resume chats with someone.

If a user chats with another Teams user the chat history is saved fine within Teams and even cross platform to my mobile. Wondering if anyone knows how to store chat history in Teams when…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. music integration

integration between Teams and Spotify/Apple Music to display "currently Listening to" status

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Send an instant message with Teams by clicking on an Office contact card IM icon

From an Office contact card, it should be possible to click on the Instant Messaging icon to inititate instant messaging thru Teams.
    Same with calls and videos.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to use notes:// as protocol in Links

Ability to use notes:// as protocol in Links to open a IBM Notes Application / View / Document in a O365 / IBM Notes Domino coexistence environment.
    Now it is only possible to use http:// or https:// as protocol in a link. The IBM Notes client registers the notes:// protocol in Windows, so it is possible to open IBM Notes Applications / Views / Documents from other applications with an URL like "notes://SERVER/db.nsf/view/DocUNID". URLs in this form are already opening the linked resource in the IBM Notes client from Microsoft applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Integrate with Microsoft AutoUpdate on Mac

It would make managing the app easier for those of us who use a MAU caching/manifest server.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. outlook integration

Currently, in outlook, you cannot interchangeably view discussions. if i create a discussion in outlook, it does not start in teams nor vice versa. that would be a great asset for our organization. at the same time, archival of those conversations are key when old conversations need to be archived for past projects.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Open files in local app by default

It would be nice if there was an option to permit opening files in the local app, instead of rendering into a web viewer automatically.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Teams to Outlook Web Access

Right now the only chat platform in OWA is Skype for Business. It would be nice if there was an option to use Teams for the chat sidebar instead.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to integrate with on-premise Jira instance

The ability to integrate an on-premise instance of Jira (that is externally accessible) would be highly advantageous for organisations not yet read to move this workload to Jira Cloud

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Full integration of external Sharepoint

Before I created my Teamplace I already had a SharePoint.
    I integrated my SharePoint in Teams in such a way, that it is available in Teams Desktop App on the top "Files".

But when I open MS Planner Board, open a card and want to add an attachment, I can only choose the in Teams integrated SharePoint. But I would like to use / access my connected (external) SharePoint.

Expected behaviour:
    By adding an external SharePoint Site, I want it to behave like the integrated internal SharePoint site (which comes with MS Teams).

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. GitHub Enterprise Connection - GitHub profile pics are broken.

I use the GitHub Enterprise Connector, and it's pulling in things just fine. But profile pictures are broken. See the attached screenshot.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save Skype4Bus Conversations

If you leave the application open it keeps the conversations you have and with individuals. If you close the application you lose these and the flow of the conversation. Save conversations so they don't disappear (or pull them from save conversations folder int he mailbox)

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat with Skype (not Business)

Our enterprise has clients that haven't Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business, then we talk they via conventional Skype.

Microsoft Teams should chat with conventional (personal) Skype accounts (such as outlook.com). I could do it in Skype for Business.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Convert Email in Outlook To Teams Discussion

I get lots of emails. Emails that are directed to 10-20-30 people. It would be nice if Teams would integrate in Outlook so that email can be converted into Teams Discussion. Just like you have IM sign next to Reply, Reply All, Forward there should be Teams. Right now it's endless discussion in email which is counterproductive.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. integrate with Last Pass

I use Last Pass for password management. I don't have the option to save my Teams login information when I log into Teams

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Why is the "info pane is disabled by policies" when trying to get a meeting's dial in number?

When trying to get a phone number for a meeting, I found an article that says click on the info pane to get the number. When hovering over the info pane, I get the message, "Info pane is disabled by policies".

I am assuming a Group Policy. Which one and why?

Is Skype for Business required for this feature?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Right click on links

Add right click submenu to chats(can't copy link without keyboard)

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.