Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. devops

Serious issue: with Azure DevOps Build agent version. See attached, this is pretty serious in terms of providing a SaaS version of Team System, that is fundamentally not able to create up-to-date containers, targeted at the windows (current) platform, with default build agents. They are out-of-date, and need to be synchronized with the Windows O.S. Level (current).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Looking for replies to emails that @mention a team channel to be nested in the Teams chat.

Recently had an email thread that included an @mention to a Team channel. Each reply to the email created a new chat thread within the channel. Would be much better if it instead created a nested thread similar to the "conversations" view in Outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. defender

Windows Defender firewall blocks the network access of MS Teams whenever a new version is downloaded and prompts for access. This was not an issue for Skype for Business.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please let me close Teams FOR GOOD after I am done with it. Sheesh. I have to go to Task Manager to clear it? C'mon, guys.

Please let me close Teams FOR GOOD after I am done with it. Sheesh. I have to go to Task Manager to clear it? C'mon, guys.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Outlook contact are shown as guest

Contacts added to outlook are shown as guests in the teams contact list.
    Their status is unavailable and sending chat messages will never show up on their client Teams or SFB.
    If I then search for their email, and wait about 5 seconds. I'll see an option to add as external.
    External contact receive messages.

Why not just add them as external in the first place?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Teams the default IM tool in Microsoft

We're currently implementing Teams as the single IM platform in my company so I would really expect Microsoft to do the same, though I suspect otherwise.

Using the latest version of the 64bit desktop app.

There are so many bugs and things that could be improved that I really can’t be bothered reporting them all as these are obvious to anyone using it on a daily basis.

Just tried to copy / paste an image from a chat to a new email in Outlook (fat client O365) and got myself a nice white rectangle instead!

Could you give me a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Moving a page from a personal OneNote to a Teams OneNote is insanely slow!

If I create a page in my personal OneNote and try to move it to a Teams notebook it literally takes and hour or more to synchronize. I've also lost at least one page that never made it to the Teams notebook at all. This is a major bug that needs fixing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Its another open window that I don't know what to do with. Integrate it with Outlook and Skype

I do not know what Teams is for. Its another window that appears when I log in, so I close it.
    How about integrating Outlook, Skype and Teams into a single application rather than multiple that all appear to serve the same communication function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. tos option not available in edge

Microsoft Edge has a bug in the at the 'agree to terms and conditions' check box is not visible when signing into THIS feedback site. (I signed up and signed in via explorer)
    This is a bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Incorporate Forms into Outlook

Forms has a lot of great options that could be integrated into Outlook emails, specifically being able to do more than a yes/no radio button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to share post from private Team conversation to Yammer

Request from a staff member that seems achievable given the existing Share button in Yammer could presumably be built into Teams in the same manner with cross referencing possible:

"I post heaps of notes and updates to existing P&C sub-channels on our projects (ABC project, DEF project, GHI project) - but other teams can't see this. LP and FCs on occasion want to be able to access this info to see where the campaign is up to, but aren't members of the Team or conversation.

What are the options?

1. Add everyone to our Team channels - is that appropriate? …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. GitHub integration should aggregate subsequent messages like issue assignments

I often assign a GitHub issue to multiple people.
    This floods the teams channel with the GitHub integration with multiple "Issue assigned" cards.

By sacrificing realtimeness a little bit, aggregating the same type of messages from the same GitHub repo for a few seconds would be much better, so that we can see the "issue assigned" card once with multiple people.

Or, please reduce the use of "Card UI" for the GitHub integration's frequent streaming of such simple events, as other people also posted here.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cloud storage with Sharefile is broken

Cloud storage with Sharefile is broken

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add One Note Integration

I want the ability to manage specific OneNote notebooks within Teams - I would also like to see an explanation of BOTS - relevant to this feature request - I would love to see a summary of reports I store in OneNotes on my Team page

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a Custom List to the Tems Tab

I cannot add a SharePoint Custom List, or any other type of list available within SharePoint to the Teams Tab. This is causing a stop work situation for the deployment of my team, and I am hoping that this can be given a high priority for resolution within the Teams Software.

Respectfully, Bill Titsworth

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. cce

We have both Phone System (implemented when it was Cloud PBX) using CCE and an Avaya PBX. Our dial plan and numbers are on-premises with access to PSTN for Phone System through a CCE connection to the Avaya PBX. We have both Avaya and Phone System users. What will happen when Skype for Business is deprecated in favor of Teams when Teams calling cannot use CCE for PSTN. What happens to our current Skype for Business Phone System users? What is the future for customers using CCE?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cannot logout from an unsupported browser

When I login with Firefox ESR, I get the [Unsupported Browser Message](https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/unsupportedBrowser), which is fine... except there's no way to logout from there. It is a security risk if users can never logout after logging in. Please, either display the UnsupportedBrowser page before letting a user login, or add a logout button to that page.

Firefox ESR is mandated by my company, so we cannot upgrade. My current version is 52.6.0, but that is not really significant here.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams Hyperlinks Client Issue

When I click on "get link" in order to send a link to someone on my team, the link is client-specific. Meaning, if I create the link using the Deskop Application the link tries to use the Desktop Application when clicked on, if I use the Web, the link is to the Web, etc. Since each member of my team has different preferences, Desktop App, Web, Mobile App, etc. Using and sharing links to various content within teams is burdensome at best! The links should be client agnostic, or configurable ("By default open links in [Insert Client]") for easier collaboration…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base