Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable the yellow notification in Skype informing them that the other user is using Teams

Need the ability to disable the yellow banner notification a Skype users receives in chat window when chatting with a Teams user.

Currently they are told the other user is using Teams and they should do too, for a richer experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. teams is ****

stupid microsoft

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use alternative OneNote for EDUcation

We can not add additional notebooks or point to a specific section yet in our EDU domain. Is this still on the roadmap?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Live Website Chat for Microsoft Teams

Live Website Chat for Microsoft Teams. like this guy build. we love that our phone system is not in teams but it would be great if we did not have to have a third part tool for web chat. it is possible. take a look.
    https://devpost.com/software/live-web-chat-for-microsoft-teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better integration with TFS

A similar idea to this was already marked as completed. And perhaps it was back when that idea was created.

However, currently VSTS has a Kanban integration with Teams that TFS does not, and my team would desperately like to have this integration.

Although, my understanding is that the VSTS integration simply imports the VSTS Kanban into teams. What we would prefer is for the Teams Kanban (currently hosted by Microsoft Planner) to simply be able to create and sync with tasks in TFS.

The TFS Kanban feels extra and under featured now, and we would like one central place…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Outlook contact are shown as guest

Contacts added to outlook are shown as guests in the teams contact list.
    Their status is unavailable and sending chat messages will never show up on their client Teams or SFB.
    If I then search for their email, and wait about 5 seconds. I'll see an option to add as external.
    External contact receive messages.

Why not just add them as external in the first place?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How to use laptop, tablet and mobile at the same time

I'm using my Laptop (view) , Surface tablet (notes) and mobile (Audio). Video might be sent from any of the three. I would like to be able to make them coexist.
    Teams should be able to be aware of all the devices that I'm using and I should be able to have an on an off switch in some control. It should be very easy to do I think´

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can you make this harder to use?

I am sure if you gave it more thought, you could make this product more impossibly complex and needlessly opaque. What is the point of uploading a file if I cannot share it with my colleagues?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create Assignments or Tasks

It would be very helpful to be able to create and or track a task/assignment in teams by integrating with either existing offerings (Planner for example) or third party applications used to track tickets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Limit the number of votes :)

The UserVoice seems to have unlimited votes per user (I'm not running out). Some other products gave a quota, which makes one think more and leads to more presentative vote counts.

(Also, no category for improments on UserVoice forum itself.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The app seems to be isolated

It should work more like Whatsapp, you can quote a message to reply, there are notifications for individual chats as for group chats.

Also there should be a way to integrate OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc into the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Moving a page from a personal OneNote to a Teams OneNote is insanely slow!

If I create a page in my personal OneNote and try to move it to a Teams notebook it literally takes and hour or more to synchronize. I've also lost at least one page that never made it to the Teams notebook at all. This is a major bug that needs fixing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would be nice if you could at least view (read-only) proprietary Microsoft app formats such as Visio and MS Project within Teams natively

Would be nice if you could at least view (read-only) proprietary Microsoft app formats such as Visio and MS Project within Teams natively.

By which I mean, if I upload a Visio or MS Project file to Teams, it should be viewable within Teams without the requirement for an add-in or putting my hand in my pocket. I understand it can't be edited without the fully licensed version of the product, but having this read-only function would be a real usability and productivity gain for Team users and would probably result in some "up-sell" of the associated products as people…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Configure button in Connectors window should take you to the Configured events instead of creating a new one

In the Connectors window (choose Connectors from a channel), if you already have as connector then it appears at the top of the list with a Configure button. This gives the impression that you are going to change the settings for your existing connector. However, at least in the case of a Visual Studio Team Services connector, pressing the Configure button doesn't configure your existing Visual Studio Team Services events. Instead, it adds a new event. This was not what I expected.

Instead, pressing Configure should take you to the list of already-configured events. (You can currently get there by…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. QR

support QR code to :
    1. join a Team
    2. open a URL
    3. join a online meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.