Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I can't open 2 areas at the same time: ex. conversations & a file

allow multiple locations to open at the same time so you can read from one while editing another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MS just continues to make thing different so the staff has to get used to yet another way of doing things. it is cute but not logical

Just another way of doing things, everytime MS comes out with something new the old functionality goes away, they change color palletes to terrible pastel colors, and bury the functionality in places that is hard to find how to use them. It is definitely built for 20 year olds, cute but not very functional with no relationship to programs of the past. Apple on the other hand still uses the same logic that they come up with in the 80's so the basic functions are tuned and modified but you do not have to relearn how to find things within…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Start OneDrive form personal account

I don't understand why when I'm using outlook and select a group I go to OneDrive but I can't do it for my own personal work address.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Include Botton in Outlook to open Teams

It would be great to have a botton in Outlook to be able to start Teams, the way you do with onedrive, for instance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 90% of a product isn’t enough Teams, give me a 105% product

Interoperability only because you need to interoperate with what Sys Admins want more, AND your interoperability with humans needs a little work. YOU ARE ALMOST THERE! DON’T SLOW DOWN.

You don’t need a task list - you have one here on uservoice. You need to start addressing issues, FINISHING issues.

I’ve been struggling to deploy here for almost a year. You are the best of what’s out there, but that last 10% is affecting my health. Put your big-person pants on and get’er’done!

-Andrew

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Set a status to reflect what Work Items you are currently working on - TFS connector

As a user, it would be awesome to set a status specific to a TFS item you are currently working on.

Possibly Microsoft Teams could publish items that are set to "In Progress" under your profile so that other users are aware of what you are currently involved in at the moment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Office Online not active when switching between applications and Teams

When working in Office Online documents it seems that if I switch to another application and back to Teams, I have to click inside the office document to be able to work with Excel cells or for instance paste inside a word file. It would really be a timesaver not being necessary to click inside Teams every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add option on a tab to "make this tab a new channel" (or something similar)

Sometimes I start a Tab, for example a Planner for a certain topic, then later discover that it's going to be a bigger project than I realized and that I really need a separate Channel for this topic. Rather than creating a new channel and migrating everything over piece by piece, I would like to click on the options for the Tab and start a new Channel with the same title of the Tab and automatically move the Tab to the new Channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BLF key status monitoring for non-teams devices

If you use Teams for Direct Routing (call2teams.com for example) you may have other users or devices on your PBX that you would wish to monitor.
    Can the status of other devices or non teams users be surfaced in Teams.
    This would be particularly useful if Teams is the only endpoint device available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft Teams support for IPAD 4

Microsoft needs to support teams on ipad 4. This should help a lot of students who have an existing device and are unable to use it because of ios Incompatibility. Even chrome and other browsers on IOS 10.3.3 don't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For the reply to function in a chat channel, make it like whatsApp.

Adrian.Scott@teamhgs.com
    For the reply to function in a chat channel, make it like whatsApp.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Align features between Browser use, App in Windows, on Android and on iOS

On the browser, you can switch if you are part of different Teams (eg. your company and partner company). In the Windows app, Android, iOS app you cannot. On the browser, you cannot switch back.
    In the Windows app, you can pin chats. In the iOS app and on Android, you cannot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft should borrow from far more superior Zoom technology and rewrite most of the code. Teams need simple features such as login.

Microsoft should borrow from far superior Zoom technology and rewrite most of the code. Teams need simple features such as login, changing options from chatting to video, louder sound, etc. Teams is very basic app. and it damages its credibility with business customers. Most users use it due to internal mandatory push within companies but once we have choice we rarely use Microsoft products, since they are still in the 1980s from usability standpoint. Company should hire more professionals to develop new products and should focus more on usability of its technology and catching up with industry leaders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Linking external calendars to Teams

We have only just started to try Teams, one of our salespeople has an existing Outlook calendar, but no way to import or sync it to Teams. Others in our org use Google calendars, Apple (iPhones) etc. calendars, but there's no way to Use them as the main calendar, or import existing info for use in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make posible to use digital whiteboards extensions

For some people using the microsoft whiteboard is a challenge due that they don´t have the mouse ability to draw, but they have hardware like mimio teach and a software that is compatible with theit hardware, so like powerpoint that is lighter the upload have the ability to open .ink, .iwb or .TIF

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Synchronize Public Contact Folders to Team Membership Lists

Enable the ability to easily synchronize public contact folders to Team Membership Lists, with changes to public contact folders impacting the Team Membership List simultaneously and/or vice versa. We have many public contact folders set up currently and the ability to convert them into team membership lists (and even set up tags for the sub-lists) would be incredibly efficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A basic CRM system (less comprehensive/expensive than Dynamics)

Build in a slimmed down CRM system (like AgileCRM) that is less expensive than Dynamics

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide filter for unread chats

When we are away from system and come back with list of chats, out of which we reply some immediately so keep for later. Getting filter on unread chat will make life easier. We don't have to scroll down all the way to get the unread chats one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base