Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add in E-mail and e-mail functionality

Teams could be a one stop shop application if it also integrated e-mail. Potentially under the file icon you could put an icon for e-mail and teams could work like an e-mail client. Again - I would use this exclusively - no longer have to have skype, outlook, one drive etc... all open when its all right here. Really would be amazing.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Teams message channels in SharePoint and Dynamics 365.

Like you can do with Yammer, it would be great to be able to insert a Teams channel into a SharePoint site or Dynamics account page, etc. In Dynamics, you can use a Yammer chat in lieu of the Activity Feed. Likewise, in a Sharepoint Group site, you can use Yammer in lieu of a team news feed, etc. It would be great to be able to do the same with a channel from Teams. There are too many app-specific ways to communicate (activity feed for Dynamics, news feed for Sharepoint, Channels for Teams), and most people don't want to…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SharePoint List Editing Capabilities

It would be nice to add a list from a SharePoint site to a Channel in Teams. That way we wouldn't have to leave Teams to go edit a list.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add-in for Mac

As a Mac user, I'd like to be able to create Microsoft Teams meeting links via an Outlook Add-in, similar to the add-in available on Windows.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hyperlinks and Searchable PDFs

When you open a pdf, hyperlinks within the pdf don't work. Additionally, you can't search within the PDF (No Ctrl-F either). PDFs that are a few hundred pages long is far too long to scroll through to find a section that can be found in seconds using a desktop PDF application.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reply with IM in Outlook

Replace Skype in the Reply with IM feature in Outlook.

Currently, Skype for Business users can "Reply with IM" or "Replay All with IM" to an email in Outlook. This opens the SFB client with a message to the email sender, or a group message to all recipients on the email.

I am proposing the ability to either replace SFB with Teams, or add Teams as an option to the existing functionality.

Ideally, once this ability exists, the key value is to easily move a conversation from an email to either a channel, a group chat, or an individual chat,…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Global Admins add themselves to teams

I'd like to have the ability to add myself to teams as a method of ensuring adherance to company policy.

Right now, I am one of 3 global admins and we've had the problem before when using Slack of people making channels and productivity disappearing. We'd like to be able to monitor these teams when necessary, and requested by our Security Officer.

I've attempted adding myself as a member, and owner, of the associated Office 365 Group but I am unable to get the Team to appear in my Team Client

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Share Teams files/folder with External contacts, without requiring a login

Currently when you add a file within a Team there's no way to share that file with an external contact.
    I would like a way share a file from within teams with external contacts. I would also like them to be able to edit selected files as well as upload new files and have them show up in the channel's Sharepoint Directory.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "e-Mail" chat conversation and "reply" on user chat

On the chat window should have ability to email the conversation and also ability to reply on specific chat text

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. public and use of wildcards in search window

Use of Wildcards to do team searches

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow for call recording in calls (which could then be saved in whichever channel works)

Allow for call recording in calls (which could then be saved in whichever channel works)
    As well as allow for calls in moile app

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable Teams for both Skype for Business Online and on-premises users in Hybrid environments

I know you are trying to drive more companies to Office 365 and that is ok for many things. Teams being exclusively for users enabled and homed in Skype for Business Online is really unfair. There are hundreds of thousands of companies out there with Lync and Skype for Business on-premises and a good percentage of those that have enabled hybrid for one or more reasons. From single sign on, integration with Exchange Online for voicemail and even for adding Meeting Broadcast capability. If you want Teams to be used by the masses you need to give it to the…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. WebEx Integration

Need the ability to schedule or start a meeting using Cisco WebEx

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Post to Yammer from Teams

It would be great if we could tag a Yammer group to add a post in Teams to that Yammer group as well.

For example, if I have a Yammer group named ICT, I could simply tag @ICT and have post in Teams added in Yammer as well.

My organization has just gotten used to Yammer and is reluctant to transition to Teams, but I find Teams a much better tool in most cases.

I'm trying to encourage them to use Teams by filling it with useful Information, but it would be good if I don't have to post twice…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Share in Teams from Office 365

Provide the capability across Office 365 (SharePoint, OneDrive, Delve, Sway, Stream...) to share a piece of content in Teams. This would share a link to the piece of content, not upload a copy.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable Macbook Pro Touch Bar controls for Teams

Would be great to do clever shortcuts in Teams using the touch bar on Macbook Pros

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Link files to SharePoint Online instead of OneDrive

The default seems to be to OneDrive rather than SharePoint Online Doc Libraries which seems backwards since SharePoint is for Collaboration and OneDrive is more private files

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Display the date and time of whena message was sent

I'd like to see the time next to the message if it was sent today. And I would like the date and time for any older messages.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  10 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. third-party chat clients (e.g. pidgin)

Other chat programs (Slack, Cisco Webex, Google Hangouts) allow third-party clients, typically over XMPP. Can we have an XMPP port on the Teams server?

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. New Excel Co-Authoring does not work with Excel Docs in Teams

New Excel desktop Co-Authoring does not work with Excel Docs in Teams. We've tried going directly to the group, sharepoint and inside teams and every time it tells you the file is locked. A regular O365 group and OneDrive work fine but take that same file and put it in teams and no more co-authoring.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.