Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reply with IM in Outlook

Replace Skype in the Reply with IM feature in Outlook.

Currently, Skype for Business users can "Reply with IM" or "Replay All with IM" to an email in Outlook. This opens the SFB client with a message to the email sender, or a group message to all recipients on the email.

I am proposing the ability to either replace SFB with Teams, or add Teams as an option to the existing functionality.

Ideally, once this ability exists, the key value is to easily move a conversation from an email to either a channel, a group chat, or an individual chat,…

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Schedule Teams meeting from Google G-Suite mail and calendar

My company uses G-Suite. I want to show them the power of Teams for calls and meetings as a first step to moving to Office 365. But we need to be able to schedule a Teams meeting from a Google Calendar invite in order to start using Teams. Google Calendar has several existing integrations to other meeting platforms like Zoom, WebEx, etc. I would love to see a Teams integration similar to the WebEx integration on Google's marketplace -

"The Cisco Webex integration for G Suite lets users schedule Webex meetings and Webex Personal Room meetings directly from Google Calendar…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include Teams message channels in SharePoint and Dynamics 365.

Like you can do with Yammer, it would be great to be able to insert a Teams channel into a SharePoint site or Dynamics account page, etc. In Dynamics, you can use a Yammer chat in lieu of the Activity Feed. Likewise, in a Sharepoint Group site, you can use Yammer in lieu of a team news feed, etc. It would be great to be able to do the same with a channel from Teams. There are too many app-specific ways to communicate (activity feed for Dynamics, news feed for Sharepoint, Channels for Teams), and most people don't want to…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "e-Mail" chat conversation and "reply" on user chat

On the chat window should have ability to email the conversation and also ability to reply on specific chat text

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. iOS 9 support for the Teams App

Could tou please add support for ios 9 in the teams mobile app

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customize Video Screens layout

It would be great to have the ability to customize the layout when in a Teams call. Specifically, I would like to be able to move all the participant video screens across the bottom to the top of the screen...with the content being displayed under all the participant video screens.

Thank You!

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. third-party chat clients (e.g. pidgin)

Other chat programs (Slack, Cisco Webex, Google Hangouts) allow third-party clients, typically over XMPP. Can we have an XMPP port on the Teams server?

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Why is the "info pane is disabled by policies" when trying to get a meeting's dial in number?

When trying to get a phone number for a meeting, I found an article that says click on the info pane to get the number. When hovering over the info pane, I get the message, "Info pane is disabled by policies".

I am assuming a Group Policy. Which one and why?

Is Skype for Business required for this feature?

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. share a specific application/window in screen sharing

When sharing "screen", add an option to share specific application rather than share the whole screen. I've got a 34" ultrawide and sharing the whole screen with someone using a small 13" laptop screen is untenable.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Warren responded

When you start a meeting and click the share button you are presented the option to share your whole desktop or choose a specific application to share.

-Warren

10. Ability to use notes:// as protocol in Links

Ability to use notes:// as protocol in Links to open a IBM Notes Application / View / Document in a O365 / IBM Notes Domino coexistence environment.
    Now it is only possible to use http:// or https:// as protocol in a link. The IBM Notes client registers the notes:// protocol in Windows, so it is possible to open IBM Notes Applications / Views / Documents from other applications with an URL like "notes://SERVER/db.nsf/view/DocUNID". URLs in this form are already opening the linked resource in the IBM Notes client from Microsoft applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Google Calendar

I rely on Google Calendar for all of my day-to-day events so right now, I’m having to manually put in my shifts that I’m assigned on Teams. Would be nice to have it sync with my Calendar and maybe even show my supervisor when a shift conflicts with an event on my calendar, similar to Outlook when scheduling a meeting. I’m sure others would benefit from this too? Thanks!

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Continue email conversation in teams

I constantly get include in email chains that quickly fill up my Outlook Inbox with every reply.

It would be great to have a “button” that “moved the conversation to teams”

I suspect forwarding the message to a channel is the closest function but part of the process needs to be a reply to all notification that confirms the conversation has been moved and a link to the channel.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Video calling to facebook portal hardware (abliity to invite into a call)

Allow Video calling to facebook portal hardware (abliity to invite into a call)

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ServiceNow integration to facilitate ChatOps

Integration with ServiceNow for chatops for things like incident management (just keeping up with slack). Old way was ticket comes in the emails and IM's are exchanged. With Teams integration, the helpdesk ticket could come in and automatically posts the new ticket into a support channel in Teams. Support person acknowledges the ticket in our support system, which again posts on Teams that the ticket has been acknowledged by the person in Support. Everyone in the support team knows that a ticket has come in, that it is being handled, others are able to chime in if help if needed,…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. custom url h

Can you please enable support for custom URL protocols ?

We have applications registered as URL protocol handlers that utilise custom URL's sent from those applications for easy navigation

so for eg when a user receives the URL

starflow://localhost/event=showDocument&documentId=2231381
    ...and clicks on it, the action is handled by the registered URL protocol handler app

These custom URL's are already supported in Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT and One Note....as well as many other Windows/Mac applications...so why not TEAMS ?

Thanks

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. public and use of wildcards in search window

Use of Wildcards to do team searches

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. owncloud

Add Owncloud/Nextcloud cloud storage options please!

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Share Teams files/folder with External contacts, without requiring a login

Currently when you add a file within a Team there's no way to share that file with an external contact.
    I would like a way share a file from within teams with external contacts. I would also like them to be able to edit selected files as well as upload new files and have them show up in the channel's Sharepoint Directory.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give presenter ability to unmute individual students.

Teachers of pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st grade desperately need to be able to unmute students when we call on them to respond. So much valuable time is wasted waiting for students to try to unmute themselves. Then the other students get restless and you easily lose their attention. We want them to be able to participate as much as possible but we often have to wait up to a minute before they finally unmute. This means less that we can plan for, as well as student frustration that they did not get a turn to respond or share. Or long…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Convert Email in Outlook To Teams Discussion

I get lots of emails. Emails that are directed to 10-20-30 people. It would be nice if Teams would integrate in Outlook so that email can be converted into Teams Discussion. Just like you have IM sign next to Reply, Reply All, Forward there should be Teams. Right now it's endless discussion in email which is counterproductive.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base