Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a Custom List to the Tems Tab

I cannot add a SharePoint Custom List, or any other type of list available within SharePoint to the Teams Tab. This is causing a stop work situation for the deployment of my team, and I am hoping that this can be given a high priority for resolution within the Teams Software.

Respectfully, Bill Titsworth

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. cce

We have both Phone System (implemented when it was Cloud PBX) using CCE and an Avaya PBX. Our dial plan and numbers are on-premises with access to PSTN for Phone System through a CCE connection to the Avaya PBX. We have both Avaya and Phone System users. What will happen when Skype for Business is deprecated in favor of Teams when Teams calling cannot use CCE for PSTN. What happens to our current Skype for Business Phone System users? What is the future for customers using CCE?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Cannot logout from an unsupported browser

When I login with Firefox ESR, I get the [Unsupported Browser Message](https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/unsupportedBrowser), which is fine... except there's no way to logout from there. It is a security risk if users can never logout after logging in. Please, either display the UnsupportedBrowser page before letting a user login, or add a logout button to that page.

Firefox ESR is mandated by my company, so we cannot upgrade. My current version is 52.6.0, but that is not really significant here.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams Hyperlinks Client Issue

When I click on "get link" in order to send a link to someone on my team, the link is client-specific. Meaning, if I create the link using the Deskop Application the link tries to use the Desktop Application when clicked on, if I use the Web, the link is to the Web, etc. Since each member of my team has different preferences, Desktop App, Web, Mobile App, etc. Using and sharing links to various content within teams is burdensome at best! The links should be client agnostic, or configurable ("By default open links in [Insert Client]") for easier collaboration…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I can't open 2 areas at the same time: ex. conversations & a file

allow multiple locations to open at the same time so you can read from one while editing another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MS just continues to make thing different so the staff has to get used to yet another way of doing things. it is cute but not logical

Just another way of doing things, everytime MS comes out with something new the old functionality goes away, they change color palletes to terrible pastel colors, and bury the functionality in places that is hard to find how to use them. It is definitely built for 20 year olds, cute but not very functional with no relationship to programs of the past. Apple on the other hand still uses the same logic that they come up with in the 80's so the basic functions are tuned and modified but you do not have to relearn how to find things within…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Include Botton in Outlook to open Teams

It would be great to have a botton in Outlook to be able to start Teams, the way you do with onedrive, for instance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 90% of a product isn’t enough Teams, give me a 105% product

Interoperability only because you need to interoperate with what Sys Admins want more, AND your interoperability with humans needs a little work. YOU ARE ALMOST THERE! DON’T SLOW DOWN.

You don’t need a task list - you have one here on uservoice. You need to start addressing issues, FINISHING issues.

I’ve been struggling to deploy here for almost a year. You are the best of what’s out there, but that last 10% is affecting my health. Put your big-person pants on and get’er’done!

-Andrew

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Set a status to reflect what Work Items you are currently working on - TFS connector

As a user, it would be awesome to set a status specific to a TFS item you are currently working on.

Possibly Microsoft Teams could publish items that are set to "In Progress" under your profile so that other users are aware of what you are currently involved in at the moment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Office Online not active when switching between applications and Teams

When working in Office Online documents it seems that if I switch to another application and back to Teams, I have to click inside the office document to be able to work with Excel cells or for instance paste inside a word file. It would really be a timesaver not being necessary to click inside Teams every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add option on a tab to "make this tab a new channel" (or something similar)

Sometimes I start a Tab, for example a Planner for a certain topic, then later discover that it's going to be a bigger project than I realized and that I really need a separate Channel for this topic. Rather than creating a new channel and migrating everything over piece by piece, I would like to click on the options for the Tab and start a new Channel with the same title of the Tab and automatically move the Tab to the new Channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. outlook email link spam

When sending an email thread to a channel email address (obtained by clicking "..." by the channel name), only the top email on the thread should be posted to MS Team channel, since it already contains the link to the email thread back in Outlook.

By currently expanding all emails on that email thread on the posting add too much clutter to MS Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Switch account for Teams in Internet Explorer

We can’t switch the account for Teams when clicking the Meeting options in the invitation if using Internet Explorer even though clearing cookies. It’s inconvenient, so I would like you to implement a feature to switch the Teams account in IE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide the Add member button

It would be great if I can choose show/hide the Add member button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keep chat history available when changing interop mode

My organization has been in Islands for more than a year.
    We have many users that have been using Teams chat extensively during this time.

We are now testing a change to Skype with Teams Meetings and Collaboration with a small group of users.

I understand that with this mode chat is no longer available in Teams, but I expected to be able to see my history at least.

However, the chat tab is completely gone and I'm not able to search for people or previous conversations anymore.

I did notice that after finishing an ad-hoc meeting, it displays chats…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show users’ license status

We restrict users from Teams usage by unlicensing.
    However, users can create Teams meeting with the calendar of Outlook on the web.
    This behavior could make a confusion to end users, and we cannot accept that if we were accused of license violation due to this behavior. We would like you to make the license status to visualize according to users’ license status to let us understand clearly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. COMPLAINT Seemless transition from Skype for Business to Teams

Guys, seems like you are yet again sitting backwards on the horse. Today the Teams message popped up in Skype for Business to update to Teams. When I did that I am told that the admin must set teams usage. Right now, I have all my contacts disappeared from Skype for Business, I can not call my colleagues, neither does Teams work. Did anyone consider that there are users with limited access rights, who would just simply want to work seemlessly? You are practically rocking the boat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Teams work with Federated domains!

Once we federate domains, what is the problem to get full features available ?

Why this is so restrictive? I don't see a problem to be able to search and talk to people on a FEDERATED domain ?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base