Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams in Outlook Customer Manager integrieren

Teams should be able to provide a "Tab" for Outlook Customer Manager (OCM) in a similar way to the "Planner" tab.

This would be a key capability for the running of sales teams. In business the customer contact is the centre point and this a massive oversight to have missed this! Yes you have a Dynamics365 connector but Teams needs to spans a lot more than this!

Team discussions about customers should also show on the OCM feeds within outlook.

Teams, Planner and Outlook Customer Manager are all from the same era and targeting small to medium businesses. We need…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a better, portable and resettable caching system

The Teams caching system as it currently is (January 2019) is totally untransparant, unmaintainable, unportable and slow.

- Local (Client) caches are spread all over the device. This guy even created a powershell script to clean it: https://blog.valeconsulting.co.uk/2018/09/28/clear-the-microsoft-teams-client-cache/ and these caches as they are, are not portable or configurable at all (they reside in the users profile) eliminating any offloading in VDI infrastructures
    - Web caches are even more terrible, it can take up to 3 days before a simple logo change is visible, let alone core Governance policy changes that can take forever to get applied, in the meanwhile…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When on my iPad email, links to folders/files in Teams open up in the browser and don’t work. Anyway to open these links in the Team app?

When on my iPad email, links to folders/files in Teams open up in the browser and don’t work. Anyway to open these links in the Team app?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Conversation Threads and linking with sharepoint

Hi Microsoft Team, We are executing entire project using Microsoft Teams as a medium. we identified two problems majorly

1. when we start a new message (Thread) and we may get number of replies say 80 replies for one single message. The latest message should come first as like outlook. but here we need to scroll all the replies to see the required message.

2. Even though SharePoint and Microsoft teams are Microsoft Packages we don't have option to link Microsoft Teams to SharePoint. If we will get this potion this would be a great option for the teams to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AI integration with Outlook

Allow Outlook users to add a Teams connector. Through the connection, Outllook can make some suggestion that certain Outlook conversation should be published into certain Teams Channel. If users approve it, system can automatically beautify the content and publish it to Teams Channel for better knowledgebasing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. change presence commentary

Really happy with the direction Teams is heading - Just need to know if there is a mechanism to change presence commentary (as was the case in SfB)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Get a better feedback tool.

Tool doesn't work well on Android. Not much better anywhere else. Sort like Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. devops

Serious issue: with Azure DevOps Build agent version. See attached, this is pretty serious in terms of providing a SaaS version of Team System, that is fundamentally not able to create up-to-date containers, targeted at the windows (current) platform, with default build agents. They are out-of-date, and need to be synchronized with the Windows O.S. Level (current).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It is useful to be able to issue Planner's tasks from Teams conversation.

It is useful to be able to issue planner's tasks from a team conversation.
    Tasks are issued from a three-point leader in a conversation.
    Between conversations and tasks are linked to each other.
    With this link you can track published methods to each other.
    You can also return from the task back to the original conversation and resume the conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Looking for replies to emails that @mention a team channel to be nested in the Teams chat.

Recently had an email thread that included an @mention to a Team channel. Each reply to the email created a new chat thread within the channel. Would be much better if it instead created a nested thread similar to the "conversations" view in Outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. defender

Windows Defender firewall blocks the network access of MS Teams whenever a new version is downloaded and prompts for access. This was not an issue for Skype for Business.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please let me close Teams FOR GOOD after I am done with it. Sheesh. I have to go to Task Manager to clear it? C'mon, guys.

Please let me close Teams FOR GOOD after I am done with it. Sheesh. I have to go to Task Manager to clear it? C'mon, guys.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Using multiple functionality across different devices

I would like to be able use the mobile app to carry out a voice call while using the app on my desktop to share a screen with the same individual. At the moment, I can only share my screen on the device on which the call is made on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Teams the default IM tool in Microsoft

We're currently implementing Teams as the single IM platform in my company so I would really expect Microsoft to do the same, though I suspect otherwise.

Using the latest version of the 64bit desktop app.

There are so many bugs and things that could be improved that I really can’t be bothered reporting them all as these are obvious to anyone using it on a daily basis.

Just tried to copy / paste an image from a chat to a new email in Outlook (fat client O365) and got myself a nice white rectangle instead!

Could you give me a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Its another open window that I don't know what to do with. Integrate it with Outlook and Skype

I do not know what Teams is for. Its another window that appears when I log in, so I close it.
    How about integrating Outlook, Skype and Teams into a single application rather than multiple that all appear to serve the same communication function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. tos option not available in edge

Microsoft Edge has a bug in the at the 'agree to terms and conditions' check box is not visible when signing into THIS feedback site. (I signed up and signed in via explorer)
    This is a bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate Outlook into Team's Activity Feed

I would like to have the option to integrate Outlook into my Team's Activity Feed, providing a single pane of glass to monitor all of my communication.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to share post from private Team conversation to Yammer

Request from a staff member that seems achievable given the existing Share button in Yammer could presumably be built into Teams in the same manner with cross referencing possible:

"I post heaps of notes and updates to existing P&C sub-channels on our projects (ABC project, DEF project, GHI project) - but other teams can't see this. LP and FCs on occasion want to be able to access this info to see where the campaign is up to, but aren't members of the Team or conversation.

What are the options?
    1. Add everyone to our Team channels - is that appropriate? …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base