Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Excel Sheet Attribute Linking across multiple files in Teams.

I need to be able to use standard Excel attribute linking between multiple Team hosted Excel sheets. I get an error saying this feature is not supported. This drastically helps with documentation and analysis documents. If I have say a definitions excel sheet I can just simply link the definitions every time in new sheets so I only have to update values in one location.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Screen sharing in Teams/Skype for Business interop. Feature ID: 53934

In the o365 roadmap Featured ID: 53934 was launched.

However we are unable to share our screens with s4b users, unless we escalate the call to a teams meeting, which is not a solution for us or the partners we work with.

Please implement native app and desktop sharing between Teams
    and Skype for Business and not this bodged work around.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Name a Chat with 2 participants

Similar to how you can name a chat with multiple people, i want to have a named chat with one or more people, be able to concluded that conversation and start a new one with the same person about something else. these conversations may be happening simultaneously as well. I have people who work on a particular task and it would be beneficial for them to be able to ask private questions about that task and share documents and images and such without it getting mixed with the other tasks chat and documents

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connect external organisations that use O365 Microsoft Teams to be able to chat, call, collaborate between different organisations

We have multiple organisations in our group. Each has several domains. Within each organisation we use TEAMS.

We would like to establish connection between all organisations from our group (all use Office365).

I guess maybe we could establish some trust between our Azure Active Directories to achieve this?

This would be very helpful!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add the ability to tie outlook tasks to teams planner

when you have a task in outlook or in planner either on the mobile app or a tab in teams, that it then goes to your outlook tasks and vice versa

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Functional integration with Sennheiser headset software NEEDED

We use Sennheiser Office Runner headsets (softphone compatible) which have a software system that allows integration with MS Teams & Skype. Before the last 1903 update the software system was perfectly integrated with MS Teams, it

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When you zoom into the screenshare in teams app, it becmes blurry and unable to read

A screen share is done in a group call from a desktop and you joined the group call from teams app
    When you see the screenshare and zoom it, it becomes blurry and unreadable

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a Coexistence Mode - Only Calls in Skype for Business

We are in the journey from Skype for Business on-premise Enterprise Voice to Teams voice. We started by operating in Islands mode (because we didn't know any better/we wanted to introduce the full features of Teams to get buy-in). However, now that we are testing moving users to Teams Only with Phone System, we are finding that because all other users are in Islands mode, calls from the Teams Only users to users still using Skype Enterprise Voice are ringing to the Teams client, not to the users' desk phones or Skype client.

This can be solved by changing the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Incident information should be posted in the Service health when the incident occurs in Teams

When Teams related incidents would occur, the information could sometimes not be shown in the affected tenants’ Service health.
    I would strongly request that the incidents’ information should be always posted for the affected tenants’ Service health 100% in future.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. teams and groups

Ok great we have teams and its usable.

But go to use outlook features and you hit the teams vs groups brick wall. I own a team and if I set up a meeting outlook tells me that my email address is not authorized to receive mail from the group.

Just kill groups integration for gosh sake.

Every time I tip toe into MSFT space I am hit with a brick wall of complexity for no good reason.

Just venting... nothing will change. Its been this way for decades.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Start workflows on individual messages

Looking for the ability to start a workflow based on an individual message in any channel and in any team.
    For example, a trigger like "When I bookmark a message". This in turn would allow to do anything with the message via Flow, for example, create a To-Do item.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Conversation Threads and linking with sharepoint

Hi Microsoft Team, We are executing entire project using Microsoft Teams as a medium. we identified two problems majorly

1. when we start a new message (Thread) and we may get number of replies say 80 replies for one single message. The latest message should come first as like outlook. but here we need to scroll all the replies to see the required message.

2. Even though SharePoint and Microsoft teams are Microsoft Packages we don't have option to link Microsoft Teams to SharePoint. If we will get this potion this would be a great option for the teams to collaborate.

3. General…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It is useful to be able to issue Planner's tasks from Teams conversation.

It is useful to be able to issue planner's tasks from a team conversation.
    Tasks are issued from a three-point leader in a conversation.
    Between conversations and tasks are linked to each other.
    With this link you can track published methods to each other.
    You can also return from the task back to the original conversation and resume the conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need for a "continue chat in Skype" button during transition

To address interop issues during transition from Skype (both consumer and SfB) to Teams. Teams needs a "Skype" button that allows you jump into Skype quickly to avoid interop issue. Need to share a file with someone still using SfB - hit the Skype button to open a Skype chat with that peron, need to screen with someone - hit the Skype button, need a group chat - hit the Skype button. The button could be configured to only show if the person you were talking to was still using SfB. This would really help smooth the transition from. It's…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sería ideal saber si el destinatario leyó el mensaje enviado

Sugiero que se pueda ver cuando un usuario leyó el mensaje enviado por el chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow use of Teams links outside of Teams

In an Outlook email to a colleague, I tried to link a post I posted on Teams that this colleague did not see, however the link would not work. We are not fully using Teams for internal emails in our company yet and that will change at some point, therefore it would be useful if it was possible to reference a Teams' post outside of Teams which could then prompt the receiver of the link to click on it and log onto Teams to see it. Bad habits are hard to change...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add action options to any Teams message

Similar to Slack's new Actions feature (https://slack.com/apps/collection/actions), it would be super useful to be able to create a task/follow-up from a message.

For example, we use the Zendesk connector and it would be great if we could create a new ticket from a message in a conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)