Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skype for Business audio call to Teams does not notify Teams user of an inbound call

User A is using Teams
    User B is using Skype for Business and has A in their SfB contact list.

B initiates a call to A as a Skype audio call.

User A hears an audio indicator via headset or speaker that an inbound call is ringing but no on-screen popup occurs to offer a way to answer or decline the call.

Both users are licensed with Enterprise Voice. If B calls A using the PSTN number assigned to A, no problem.

Issues occur when B uses the SfB default to simply make a non-PSTN audio call between the two…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Teams Activity Feed to Outlook

My users live in Outlook. Would be nice if you could add the activity feed as a Favorite or folder in Outlook with a count of unread items. This would allow Outlook users an easy way to know to check Teams without cluttering up their inbox with Teams notifications.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. better integration with outlook and groups

Better integration with Outlook and Groups as well as Skype for Business, Slack is much more intuitive and does not pretend to be an Office365 and then does it terribly like Teams does.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. GUID's for Groups

I am trying to setup a FLOW notification to a Teams Group and I am getting an error.
    "error": {

"code": "InvalidRequest",

"message": "groupId needs to be a valid GUID.\r\nParameter name: groupId"

I am not able to find the GUID for the GroupID. Where do I need to look and would it be possible to link Flow to Teams where it looks up the information based on the user?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. on prem Federation with Teams

Will the new Version of Skype for Business 2019 have federation capabilities with Teams? Or is another technology developed for Teams to be able to create an "hybrid" environment that we know of in SfB Server?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Error received when running two sessions of teams

I just tried to log into my edu domain Team site while I was logged into your domain (within two different browser windows open side by side), and having two different connections within both widows created an error that would not allow me to log into both windows at the same time. I should be able to run multiple sessions to different domains at the same time so that I can work collaboratively with different teams at the same time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Having Skype, Team and Outlook open for communications is at best exhausting.

Would be nice to thing a way to integrate all of this togehter. Outlook is so has been, I doesn't help me to organise my work and my communications with all that corporate spam around.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Post from Flow as Creator

I have a flow created that when a new Sharepoint item is added to a list it posts to a Team channel conversation however it posts from the flow owner. I would like to option in Flow to change the originating poster in teams to be the person who creates the Sharepoint item.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Git Enterprise connector needs to allow filter messages/cards for select branches

Currently the Git Enterprise connector shows actions for any branches. It would be beneficial to be able to filter which branches the connector displays in a channel instead of showing every branches actions.

My team creates individual branches off of develop when working a ticket, so anytime they commit to their individual branch it's showing up in a channel. When in reality I want the channel to only see commits that are done on develop and master.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. activate teams over yammer provisioned office 365 group

Why not have the possibility to activate Teams on a yammer provisioned Office 365 group?

Then you'd have an "out of the box" inner-/outerloop functionality.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. You need to make Teams load SharePoint Groups.

Duplicating the concept of Teams and Groups will be met with apathy if I propose the my (actual) team adopts this. Integration and interoperability between SharePoint, Outlook and Teams needs to be seamless. Teams then becomes the "home/hub/portal" for Microsoft Office.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve Google Drive integration

The current Google Drive integration in Files tab only allows pick folders from My Drive. It is better to allow sharing file/folders from Shared With Me as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export of messages to .msg format for easy savning and documentation

I need the option to save a correspondence to as .msg file or clear text - whatever. When something has to be documented and saved for later evidence.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Purchase bbm from blackberry & integrate with teams

For the most business friendly IM, microsoft should purchase bbm from blackberry & integrate with teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow filtering VSTS trigger by work item tags

Currently you cannot use the built in teams connector to filter by tag for VSTS work items.

Feel like this is a important function that's missing from the current functionality - requiring us to use manual webhooks (see attachment)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When teams logs out it should give a different message

When you get logged out in the mac client it says:

"You signed out of your account
    It's a good idea to close all browser windows."

1. I did not sign out it autosigned out on it's own. The wording implies some action I did signed me out rather than an auto timeout.

2. I am using the mac client not a browser. Perhaps behind the scenes it is just a browser, but this terminology is confusing.

3. It saying "it is a good idea to close all browser windows" implies both that I need to close browser windows (not true with the…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks Ben for this information and your insight. Its really helpful. I have sent this to the design team so its under review.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

17. I would like to be able to create a meeting poll, similar to FindTime functionality, directly from within a Teams Channel.

I would like to be able to create a meeting poll, similar to FindTime functionality, directly from within a Teams Channel. I found the "Integrate Microsoft FindTime" request, which is completed, but this still requires you to leave Teams and go to Outlook to create the meeting poll. An app with similar functionality that can be accessed through Teams would be incredibly efficient.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Team Improvements

You guys are doing a wonderful job with Teams, it is unlike all other conferencing platforms as it is a virtual space. However, I can see competitor’s platforms have features such as:

1. Raise hands

2. All participants camera preview on screen

3. Interactive live White Board

4. Interactive live polls

Hope this helps with your future improvements to Teams and to keep up to speed with these other conferencing services, which I note are focused on one off meetings rather than daily virtual workspaces.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set user's coexistence mode per global policies (not api, not org-wide setting)

In order to manage and organize a Skype to Teams transition in big enterprises, it may be required to assign a specific coexistence modes to different groups of users.
    For example: Teams-only for one group and Skype for Business only for the other group.

Problem 1
    Org-wide setting includes guest accounts as well. Assuming that the Skype group is the bigger group at the beginning of a transition, you can not apply a SfB only org-wide setting because it will hit also guest accounts (which leads to no chat).

Problem 2
    Setting single user's coexistence mode with api is not…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to choose which Channel to share to in Yammer tab when using "Share to Channel"

Currently when Yammer is connected as a tab in a Channel, some functionality is removed from the yammer page, such as "Copy link to clipboard" and this is replaced with "Share to Channel".

It would be great if you could then choose which channel you would like to share to.

My Team has a yammer page available to the whole company and we are responsible for dozens of different services. We have a Team channel dedicated for each service. We have the Yammer tab on the General channel. Instead of having to add yammer as a tab to each channel,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base