Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make it drag-and-drop to sharepoint please; catch up with last century's technology.

make teams and onedrive folders and files drag-and-drop to sharepoint please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Git Enterprise connector needs to allow filter messages/cards for select branches

Currently the Git Enterprise connector shows actions for any branches. It would be beneficial to be able to filter which branches the connector displays in a channel instead of showing every branches actions.

My team creates individual branches off of develop when working a ticket, so anytime they commit to their individual branch it's showing up in a channel. When in reality I want the channel to only see commits that are done on develop and master.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Me" Team or section

The more I use Teams, the more I wish I had a Team just for me. I just created a Team with just me and I feel that it's way more practical than having separate apps running my files and my notes etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve Google Drive integration

The current Google Drive integration in Files tab only allows pick folders from My Drive. It is better to allow sharing file/folders from Shared With Me as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display the added comment from the connected app (Wunderlist in particular)

I connected one of our Wunderlist groups and it is heavily used. But now I get notifications in teams that a comment has been added to a task, but it doesn't show me what the comment was. So I then have to launch Wunderlist (which shows up in a separate tab of my browser - no matter how many tabs I already had open for Wunderlist) It would be much faster if it just showed me the comment from within Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. support for sameroom.io ambient mode

We use Sameroom.io very heavily to allow our team to maintain all interactions with our customers through MSFT Teams. As we cannot force our customers to use MSFT Teams, we have found this to be a very elegant solutions to keep everyone in their native collaboration tools that their companies have adopted. Sameroom.io tells me that they are waiting for MSFT to implement a feature known as "ambient mode" for them to be able to add this support on their end. They also mention that this has already been done for Skype and Telegram via your Bot framework. Can you…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. open notification system api

"Let's kill email!" except all your notifications from webapps, fire off an email and while you're there actioning that you might as well email someone about what you've just been notified of... and other similar cases

Teams needs a simple, open API for notifications that can replace email, when developing an App you just point any notification to appear in Teams instead.

This then shifts people out of email and into to teams fully.

Would need some rules and categorisation like email, but this would help embed Teams as where people start their work and not Outlook.

I'd also envisage…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hide Edit in Teams

Even if we allow access with certain IP address only for SPO and OD, everyone can select Edit in Teams on a file to open and download files.
    It would be great to have a feature to hide Edit in Teams as workaround.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. iOS shortcuts

Please consider adding some hooks for Apple’s shortcuts on iPadOS and iOS.

In my immediate tinkering with the new iOS update to 13.0, I was trying to make a shortcut to send one message to a few people by text and to a small group in Teams. Since there are no hooks/commands from Teams in shortcuts, this action is not possible.

With more ideas, this could be a robust addition to Teams on iOS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams Need to Support Jabra Pro 9450 just like Skype

Jabra Pro 9450 works fine with Skype but with Teams, it connects and shows in the panel but no audio in either direction. Needed for Windows and Mac.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Connect external organisations that use O365 Microsoft Teams to be able to chat, call, collaborate between different organisations

We have multiple organisations in our group. Each has several domains. Within each organisation we use TEAMS.

We would like to establish connection between all organisations from our group (all use Office365).

I guess maybe we could establish some trust between our Azure Active Directories to achieve this?

This would be very helpful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Functional Email account inbox automatic migration in to do list in Boards so we can keep track off status of action required

Our team uses a functional email acount. we would like to have the inbox of this account automatically migrated to the to do list of our team board so we can assign emails to team members to answer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Outlook media player for Skype 2019 / Cloud Voicemail

When migrating to Exchange / Skype 2019, UM goes away and cloud voicemail is required. Cloud voicemail handles the voicemail\transcription delivery to outlook, however when received in Exchange 2019, the message does include the inline media player in outlook. Instead allows the user to download/play an mp3 attachment.

This is a significant alteration in user workflows as they now need to launch a second application to listen to an email when transcription fails.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "where" someone is whether on laptop or mobile

I would like for my status to show whether I am on my laptop or my mobile device. Further, being able to set location based on ip address when on a laptop would be great as well. For instance... I saw a coworker was "available" but was unresponsive to messages. When I called, they said they were logged in on their phone and not at the office yet. Instead of assuming someone was really available both seeing that they were on mobile and had been inactive for the past 10 hours would have easily told me that they were not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable the Web site of OneDrive to be shown in browsers

When you add a OneDrive link to the Web site tab, the site is shown in Desktop client, but not in browsers. So, I would like you to enable the Web site to be shown in browsers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Interoperability with standards-based conferencing systems

It would be great if Teams meetings could be joined using conference room systems from Polycom, cisco, avaya, WebRTC etc..

This would eliminate the need for purchasing third-party services like Pexip or Polycom RealConnect

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SIP Trunk - Cisco VCS or Expressay or Avaya Aura SBC

Creation os SIP Trunks to integrate with on premisses devices, like Cisco CMS, VCS, Expressay and Avaya Aura

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MacOS: native text features like lookup would be great!

MacOS: native text features like lookup would be great!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. copy and paste from Word to Teams works (but slow), but not Teams to Word?

I can copy and paste a word document with text and a graphics to Teams, and that works fine. But I cannot copy and paste the same conversation from Teams back to Word? Teams' user interface needs serious work for consistency among Microsoft's own products. This is SO frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make document handling between Teams and Outlook easier

Allow to drag documents from the files tab in Teams directly as attachment into an email in outlook (and vice versa).
    While Teams already reduced the number of internal emails a a lot, externally, we work in an environment where emails with attachments are the normal way of communication. Right now, attaching documents from Teams (sharepoint) to emails is so burdensome that it reduces the acceptance and uptake of Teams in our team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.