Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark Theme (mobile)

Please add a dark theme for the android/iOS app

774 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

56 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video meetings (Smartphone)

It would be great to participate on video meetings via smartphones (Microsoft Teams application). Most of the people have a smartphone with a camera.

448 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow team member to join meetings with phone

Enable dial in bridge and mobile capability for meetings. When team member has bandwidth constraints or only on mobile only they can't participate in meetings.

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mobile app doesn't have all the tabs like the web or desktop app does

Mobile app doesn't have all the tabs that the web Mobile app doesn't have all the tabs like the web or desktop app does. Example is I added planner and third party website to the team. Doesn't show in mobile app and I get error "can't open the file" when clicking on the app in the conversations area.

246 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  23 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Video Upload from Mobile Devices

Allow video uploads to a channel's conversation (chat) from Teams mobile application. This feature is currently used in Slack by our teams.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has now been completed and released to the public.

Enjoy! :)
    -Warren

6. Add Location Function

Please integrate a share location function. This is the only setting which is missing. Nice App. Thumb UP

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete or edit your message from a mobile device

Adding delete/edit option on the mobile app would be truly appreciated. It is really annoying when you make a mistake while typing a message or you post something that you want to remove, but you simply can't. Hopefully, this feature will be added.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. iOS sharing

Please add support for iOS Sharing. I want the ability to share with teams like I can on slack.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature actually released in January 2018 and is available to the public!

Thank you all for the great feedback.
    -Warren

9. allow users to add/create teams from the mobile apps

Lots of users are mobile-only, so it seems like an oversight to require users to sign into the desktop app to add themselves to teams or create a new one before they can even use the mobile app. The mobile app finds my info just fine, why not team info too?

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item has shipped and is now available.

However, please note that for the EDU it is still “planned”. I’ve created and EDU item track the work for schools and universities.

-Warren

10. Add support for Apple Watch in iOS apps

Really handy to get alerts on Apple Watch for my teams.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I confirmed that this item is completed. Support shipped in February. Reply and notifications will work. (Reply will work if notifications are turned on.)

Please note that your phone controls notifications. You will need to ensure you have Teams notifications turned on to receive notifications and be able to reply to the notification from your Apple Watch.

-Warren

11. Schedule Meetings from Mobile app

The Teams mobile app does not support to schedule meetings. This feature should increase the utilisation of teams-meetings as meetings could be scheduled from everywhere.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m flagging this item as completed as the iOS feature ability to schedule meetings from the mobile app has released to the public ring. It has started to roll out as of Oct 5th, so you should be getting the update soon.

Again, the Android item was already completed a bit earlier.

Thank you for the feedback and support!
    -Warren

12. Full features of Teams embedded in iOS app (creation/managing of teams and groups)

Please consider the iOS application basically a full featured client - I travel extensively and use the ipad as my primary device. Configuring a group channel (tabs) etc. all adds up to a lack of adoption of the application within geographically disparate teams working virtually. I love Teams and believe there is great upside with this platform however I can't rely on having a legacy desktop computer to access the resources.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tasks and Notes on mobile devices ?

Did not find tasks and notes on my iPad or my Lumia. Did I overlook it or is it coming in a future release ?

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has completed and is now available to the public! Within your channels you will find a Tabs section where your Files, Notes, as well as the Planner.

However, please note that for Windows Phone this item was “Declined” and will not be made available.

-Warren

14. Grouping of notifications for mobile apps

I'd like to see the mobile apps either group notifications or show that you have "multiple notifications" (perhaps one for each chat), instead of as it is now when you get one for each single message - this quickly pollutes the message center.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

This was done in July. I saw a few comments after July from folks who said they weren’t seeing this on their phones. Let me know if that’s still the case — just email at sparavi@microsoft.com. Likely it’s been fixed on your phones by now.

Thanks!
    Suphatra

15. Guest access from iOS app

Ios app currently does not support guest access as far as I have been able to find. Please make ios client fully featured.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Correction, I spoke with the mobile feature team and they confirmed this feature shipped at the same time with the desktop app guest access.

I’m flagging this item as complete.

Thank you for all your feedback!
    -Warren

16. Teams Mobile Apps Need Planner & Notes

The Teams app (Android and iOS) is a good start but to truly be functional it is essential that Planner and Notes integration with full functionality is implemented. I would assume this is on the "to do" list but I can't express enough how important it is. In my environment I have my staff in the field with access mostly to their smart phones. It feels like we are working with one arm tied behind our backs.

Thanks,

Anthony

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. iOS notifications bug

Notifications in iOS are only activated when the app is open or running in the background. Notifications should be enabled even if the app is not running.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

This has been fixed! Please update to the latest version.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

18. Wiki tab on mobile

When I'm in Teams on my mobiles, it only shows Conversation and Files and not the Wiki tab.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. initiate group call from mobile

right now what blocks our option to deploy teams to all users is the fact that group calls can't be started from the mobile apps . it's a great start that now it's possible to join a meeting from mobile but not enough .

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been completed. Group calls can now be initiated from your mobile device.

Thank you for all your feedback and suggestions!
    -Warren

20. Chromebook support in the Android app please

Although the web client is great, the mobile app has better notifications and more features.

Please allow the Android app on Chromebooks. Right now it is blocked.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.