Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microphone and speaker volumes separated

On mobile app, provide a way to separately control mic and speaker volumes

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable Organization Tab On Mobile Option

When the "Show Organization tab in chats" option is disabled, it needs to disable it on the mobile Teams clients. Currently, this option has no effect on mobile devices, but only on the desktop client.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. See all conversation history

Ensure the full conversation history is visible on the app (iPhone) even when the conversation was first conducted in the desktop app. This is currently not always the case.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Big switch to turn off all mobile notifications

When on vacation or sleeping I want to turn off all mobile notifications. Currently in Android I have to tap every notification category individually to stop being bothered. Please make this better

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. iOS Contact Integration for Inbound Calls

It would be great to have inbound calls checked against the native iOS Contact list/address book to show up as the contact if they exist.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Phone

Enable users to join Teams meetings by dialing a phone number. Important for mobile users when internet connectivity is poor

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default tab settings + quick access the chat tab (Android)

When opening the Teams app on Android, the "home" screen is always the feed of "Activity" tab.
    I almost never use that on my mobile device - I just want to access the chat tab, which is now hidden under "More" in the hamburger menu - two "upper screen" clicks away - not very convenient.

Would appreciate a setting for the default screen.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Upload Pictures from Mobile App

Upload pictures from mobile and enable picture 'tabbing'

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OneNote in Teams Mobile App Broken with Update

Before the very welcomed update to OneNote integration with Teams of you went to tabs in the mobile app and clicked on OneNote it would open the notebook in the OneNote app intuitively. Now it is a link that will take you to OneDrive, fail, then force you to open in OneNote Online on your phone.

I can go back to channels set-up the old way and they still work. But all the new ones do not. I even made sure I had that notebook local to my device and it still tries to open in OneDrive.

Please bring that…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Code Snippets in Mobile

In order to markdown code in Teams, you need to use the ` character. The things is, there is no ` character on mobile keyboards (at least, not the built-in ones). Could you please add some alternative way to markdown code in iOS?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. No notifications on adriod app (Phone Huawei P9 Lite) even with pushed notifications on.

The app is installed on my phone, pushed notifications are set and the app has access to background data, but no notifications occur. When I open the app it only starts syncing and I get a flood of messages.

This is inconvenient as leaving the app open in the background drains substantial battery power and it sometimes also put's itself on hold, re-syncing when it is brought to the foreground again.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Activity feed

On opening mobile app I would like to choose the starting page to be Team activity.

Also hitting the activity button i'd like the feed to be Team activity. It would be nice to option that.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Pasting Urls on Windows 10 Mobile app doesn't work

Currently when pasting a Url in a chat on Windows 10 Mobile appears as text rather than a clickable link.

Also see : https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Pasting-a-link-on-the-Windows-Phone-client-pastes-as-text/m-p/95165#M6375

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Open links in Microsoft Edge

Allow the user to specify the default browser for opening web links such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Apple iPad keyboard shortcuts

On my iPad Pro with the keyboard, I noticed many apps like Twitter, Word and Outlook show keyboard shortcuts when you press the Command key. I would love to see these same keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Teams app for iOS

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow the Mobile Clients to share links to Teams OneDrive documents

if I am on my mobile device I should be able to post or respond to an conversation and include in my message a link to a document in the Teams OneDrive. Currently the mobile clients ask my to download the document to my device and then attach it to the message making a copy of the document. That destroys the "One Version of the Truth" aspect of OneDrive and seems like the proverbial "Bad Idea." We should be able to browse the Team OneDrive a well as our individual OneDrive libraries and share the document as a link.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Upload button in Teams mobile app

It would be really useful if we can upload pictures to the Files tab directly from our mobile devices. An introduction of the "upload" feature / button in the Teams mobile app would be really useful. I feel this should have already been a feature from the start.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need a DND option with hours for IOS.

Need a DND option with the ability to select hours for IOS devices

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mobile App - Silence All Notifications for set period of time

It's annoying that Teams doesn't have a way to pause notifications for a certain period of time. If I am off work and my Outlook even has an OOO set, I don't want to be receiving a bunch of Teams notifications when I'm off. There should be a way to temporarily pause all notifications on Teams for a set period of time. It's a pain to have to sign out of the app or disable them in my phone settings for the times I don't want to receive notifications.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Earlier we were using slack and now moved to ms team. This is the worst app i ever used. Slack is far more Better than this.

Earlier we were using slack and now moved to ms team. This is the worst app i ever used. Slack is far more Better than this.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.