Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Touch ID security please for iOS

Please add Touch ID security support for Teams!

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MS Teams Document Links via email cannot be opened in mobile devices

I have a document added in Files tab of my MS team and I get a link for that document and share that link with other user via email. When that user tries to open that link via email in a mobile device, it gives an alert message saying that "Link not supported. You can't open this link on mobile app. Please open it on the desktop or web app".

So to summarize, i cannot open document links sent in an email from my mobile devices

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Androïd Auto

Compatibilité with Android Auto.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change active calls or presentations from Desktop-App to Mobile-App

Will it be posibble to change an active call within Teams from the Desktop-App to the Mobile-App or the other way around?

It could bring more flexibility and maybe comfort.
    If I am late for a meeting and already on the way to my desk I could join via mobile and switch over to my desktop when I arrive.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリの通知について。
    Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリを利用しております。アプリ起動時については通知がされますが、アプリのタスクを終了し、しばらく時間をおいた状態だと通知が届かず非常に不便しております。ビジネスで利用するものであるため、通知がないことで反応が遅れると非常にインパクトも大きいものとなります。
    非アクティブ時、アクティブ時、関係なく通知が正常に行われるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    When Microsoft Teams mobile apps is active, the notification email is sent, but if it’s not active a while, the notification is not sent. This behavior is very inconvenient and might be a big business impact as I missed the notification.

I would like to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Share live location

On 2019-01-09 location sharing was delivered https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/09/microsoft-teams-location-sharing-smart-camera-audio-messages/

However (apparently - I haven't tried it yet) this only allows someone to share their current location. i.e. Their location at the time that it is shared.
    It doesn't support live location tracking whereby I can share my updated location for a set period of time. To me that it hugely more useful just sharing current location. On whatsapp I just 'share live location" almost every day, I never use "share current location".

I shall restate a scenario that I originally posted here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16926214-add-location-function

When I'm using the mobile app I want to…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Opening office apps (like planner) inside the teams app, similar to the desktop app.

Similar to the desktop app, tabbed apps should open inside the mobile app instead of the browser.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow us to select edge as default browser to open link in edge mobile

As for Outlook Mobile I would like to be able to select Edge as the default link opener this way I get an SSO to corporate ressources

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Merge Microsoft Kaizala to Teams

You have a new app named MIcrosoft Kaizala which is available in select countries which has a great mobile platform. can you please just merge that app with Teams to avoid redundancy and confusion.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Utilize Samsung Dex on Galaxy S8 and Note 8

Many Microsoft applications are optimized for use on the Samsung Dex dock whereas Teams is not.

Would it be possible to add this functionality?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Outlook mail (*.msg) should be doable to open from Teams iPhone mobile application. Currently *.msg is recognized as just "data"

Outlook mail (.msg) should be doable to open from Teams iPhone mobile application. Currently .msg is recognized as just "data"

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create, edit and delete channels in mobile app

Please make it possible to create, edit and delete channels in the mobile apps.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add blur my background to the mobile app

add blur my background to the mobile app

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Apple iPad keyboard shortcuts

On my iPad Pro with the keyboard, I noticed many apps like Twitter, Word and Outlook show keyboard shortcuts when you press the Command key. I would love to see these same keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Teams app for iOS

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add optical character recognition to photographing documents and business cards.

The Teams mobile app on iOS and Android has settings for photographing documents and business cards, and attaching those to a conversation. This is a pretty neat feature, but let's bring it to the next level. It would be pretty cool if it could also optionally convert these same documents into PDFs, and convert business cards into contacts in Teams.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Android OS Widget for Teams app!

Just like Whatsapp, Outlook, etc have a widget to quickly read if you have unread messages, I thought it would be a good idea to have a widget for Teams app as we have too many different apps to access through work for updates (Whatsapp / Outlook). Apologies if this has been suggested already.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. No options to fast track users into a conference room and no option to by pass the lobby. And no option to see who is in the lobby!

Fix it. No options to fast track users into a conference room and no option to by pass the lobby. And no option to see who is in the lobby!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change status to away on mobile app when I’m background

Unless I manually change my status from the mobile app, I appear as always online. I would like if Teams automatically changed my status to Away once the app goes into the background (defaulting to desktop presence, of course).

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sync people into phone contacts

I like to have my address book auto updated with contact information for my colleagues.

Picture, home and mobile numbers should all be synced into a contact card.

Filter-wise, selecting an Office 365 group or Team would only sync the relevant people.

Skype for business mobile currently does this.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. IOS App enhancement

In current Teams App for iPhone and iPad, when you goto team and channel, you can only see conversations and files. I have a one note tab with meeting notes and cannot view. Can this please be addressed as = serious limitation

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base