Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Choice of browser with iPad Teams app

We don't have the option to choose between an online browser version or the app (worth limited functionality). But once in the app, we don't have a choice of browser... It's Apple's Safari...
    Well, I would like to have the option to choose which browser to start for example when i click on a Tab. More and more iOS 11 apps give you this options in the settings menu

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Render Link Preview from Mobile

Posting a link from the desktop version of Teams provides a nice Preview of the link material. However, posting a link from Mobile does not.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notebook in Mobile App

We use the Notebook in Teams. However when using the mobile app the notebook needs to be opened in the seperate OneNote App. It would be great if users could contribute to these sections in the Teams mobiles app like one can in the desktop App.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Team (Office 365 Groups) classification visible in the the mobile app

While we can see the Teams classification in the desktop app and on the web, it is not visible in the mobile app. We believe it should be visible in the mobile app too as it would be important to understand a team classification (confidential, secret, etc) in ALL cases regardless of what methodology you use to access Teams.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

5. Swipe down on iOS to hide keyboard

To get back screen realestate on iOS for reading it would be great to be able to swipe down to hide the keyboard. This is how many other apps work.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Teams iOS app doesn't seem to notify me the recent reply even thou i've configured to do so. Thx.

Microsoft Teams iOS app doesn't seem to notify me the recent reply even thou i've configured to do so. Thx.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Configuring a group channel (tabs) - mobile

Need ability to create/manage tabs within channels on mobile devices.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. App is slow to update

Mobile app often has outdated information, slow to sync or doesn't sync at all

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove limitation for max users in Teams chat and guest access from mobile phones

Hi,

We have started to use Teams and love the functionalities.

We have a Team where we keep all our related stuff within every thread and project, but...
    One thing that we do miss is the ability to have the whole gang in the Chat, cause this is were stuff and short info gets out (or fun stuff).
    It is not that easy to use the threads and people are doing it wrong all the time, starting a new thread instead of answering the right thread. In the chat you see everything in a simple way, all expanded, not compressed…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

The request for a higher chat limit is already in the works and being tracked by this UV request – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/18544858
    If you support it, please go there and up-vote the topic.

For this current topic, I am more curious about what the guest access request is… the summary didn’t delve into it in much details. If you could provide a better clarification on what the ask is around guest access, it would be appreciated.

Looking forward to your feedback,
    -Warren

10. Android App does not work well with 2FA enabled

Our company recently turned on two factor authentication for our accounts. Now I can barely use Teams app on my phone. It's fine after a login, but after some time the app stops syncing and I cannot post anything or reply to chats. Some chats still come through, though. The most annoying thing - I cannot log out to log back in. Removing app from 'history' does not help. I have to either restart my phone or 'Force Stop' the app to get it back to normal. After a restart of force stop I am presented with login screen and…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support android chrome

Since real multi-user functionality got cancelled I want to at least open a second teams beside the app in my android chrome. Unfortunately android chrome is not supported at the moment.

"Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Quickest solution? Download the mobile app."

Would be a nice workaround until maybe some day multi-user functionality will be available.

BR

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make a three column Layout: [Chat] [Teams] [Tabs]

Going back and fowared to chat is unbearable if trying to do serious work on other tabs/channels.

What id like is a layout where we can still chat with different people/groups while browsing channels/conversations in other panes

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support actions (buttons) in mobile app

Currently actions (e.g. the response buttons of the Polly bot) are only available on the desktop and browser clients.

In some of our scenarios (e.g. voting where to go for lunch, while 2 of 6 people are still on the road) this is a show stopper which prevents us to use Teams in this case.

It would be great if the mobile apps support actions/buttons. In our case, we would use this in combination with the custom webhook functionality to move a lot more user interactions from other systems into Teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No options to fast track users into a conference room and no option to by pass the lobby. And no option to see who is in the lobby!

Fix it. No options to fast track users into a conference room and no option to by pass the lobby. And no option to see who is in the lobby!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add SiriKit support to the iOS app

Adding support for the SiriKit VoIP Calling and Messaging Intents will allow us to make calls and send/receive messages using Siri. This also enables CarPlay support.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Merge Microsoft Kaizala to Teams

You have a new app named MIcrosoft Kaizala which is available in select countries which has a great mobile platform. can you please just merge that app with Teams to avoid redundancy and confusion.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Collapsible Teams (android)

Please make the channel list collapsible for MS Teams Android APP.
    Works fine with iOS - why not with Android?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mobile app message count icon

When you get a new message on the mobile app the icon of the app should show the message count of new messages

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mobile Outlook app appointment needs Teams option

The Outlook app has the option to create an appointment as a Skype For Business meeting. Unfortunately there is no option to create an appointment as Teams meeting. This is needed heavily as a Teams Only user. Please get in touch with the mobile Outlook app team to overcome this missing feature.
    Thank you very much!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Two factor authentication should only prompt once and send just one text

Two factor authentication should only prompt once and send just one text, instead of opening a whole sequence of password pages and sending half a dozen text messages with different values, only one of which works on any one password prompt page, and even after getting the right password the other password pages are left behind, so one needs to know that they can just be ignored by using the back button.

This provides a horrible experiences, especially when trying to authenticate on a tablet or laptop when the text goes to a separate phone because the delay in physically…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base