Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. search in the mobile app FTLOG

It seems fairly basic but just any kind of search. The ability to search through chat and conversations as well as the wiki. I mean honestly what good is the wiki if you can't search for keywords? It would be great if the search also would dig into index PDFs and Microsoft office documents to look for keywords within those documents. This feature exists in OneDrive. Having a bank of files here in teams is almost useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow the record button to lock when you're recording a voice message on your phone

Make it where you can hold the button down or also have the option to slide it up to lock for the duration of your recording. This is what Whatsapp does. My team does not allow us to use Whatsapp for all topics as it is not secure like teams, but I get frustrated because I can rarely get voice messages to last longer than 10 seconds before it stops recording. Maybe it's me not being able to hold it down, maybe it's a glitch in the system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to see who's on the call from my phone

If someone is presenting their screen, I can't see the list of people who are joined to a call on my phone. Or the button is undiscoverable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Disable cell calls and notifications while on Teams call in Android.

I don't see this issue, so posting as new idea.

When I am on a Teams call on my Android phone, I still get notification sounds in the background.

Also, if I receive a call to my cell number, it will ring through the Teams call until I decline it.

I moved from 3CX, which didn't allow these sounds or interruptions. So, I know it's probably a quick setting for you guys to add.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Handle all functions inside of the application instead of opening web browser

Many icons and buttons open in an external web browser, requiring logging in again. If you don't save passwords or auto-login like myself, I'm just constantly typing in my details to do anything.

If the app had a built in browser that could save or confirm my credentials it would be better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Direct upload to teams (sub)folder in iOS (and Android?) app

The title says it all. This is a must have feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Keep android bottom navigation at all times

Bottom Navigation (activity, chat, teams, meetings) dissapears when you enter a chat or channel. It should stay visible at all times because it takes too long to go back to start once your left it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatic working hours on mobile device

Have the ability to set working hours/days and have the app automatically switch over to Off Work when appropriate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Android: add option to post stickers

On Android, I do not have the option to send any stickers (memes, Octocorn, etc). It would be great to have that option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Recents and Contacts to the Chat screen on Android phones

I really want access on my Android phone to RECENTS AND CONTACTS on the CHAT screen like the Desk Top and IPhones have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow the Android client to use other supported apps to open Office files

Currently, older Android devices can install and use teams, but cannot open files unless Office365 supports them. This means that a number of older devices cannot use Teams well.

To fix this, please allow other supported apps to open Office files - like implemented elsewhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams Mobile

Quando acessamos o Teams via celular e também via desktop, quando a mensagem é avisada no celular ou quando eventualmente apenas passamos o cursor em cima da mensagem ela já é tida como visualizada, e gostaríamos de saber se teria como eles alterar para que a mensagem seja definitivamente tida como lida se abrirmos realmente ela, só ai intuitivamente o Teams entenderia que realmente estamos ciente do conteúdo da mensagem, ou que coloquem um recurso semelhante ao do whats, onde fique "ticado" que realmente a pessoa leu o conteúdo.
    Também que fosse possível incluir a opção para citar mensagens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When viewing a shared presentation in landscape mode on mobile there is a grey bar in the way

When attending a meeting on mobile (iOS at least) and someone share a presentation I want to view it in landscape mode to see the content. When flipping to landscape there is a new grey bar at the bottom of the screen where one can browse to other slides and also request control. This bar is in the way and I cannot find any way to hide it.
    Are there any possibilities to hide that bar so that it is not in the way?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Function improvements when previewing from Teams for iOS files

When previewing from a Teams for iOS file, fonts such as diagrams and added comments may be corrupted. "
    Therefore, I want you to have the same display and functions as the Teams client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams is terrible when the network connection is less than “all bars”. WebEx and Zoom have been able to figure this out

When on regular cell network while in a Teams meeting, including LTE, and I only have 1 or 2 bars or go through areas with few bars, Teams often loses audio or the entire meeting. I had WebEx and Zoom for several years in those same areas and it worked fine. Please fix Teams mobile app to better optimize cell phone connectivity (or you can’t really call it a mobile app)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to view full calendar in teams mobile

Currently you can only view your calendar for the current week in the mobile app. Please add option to view all calendar events beyond 1 week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. shifts

When I attempt to see my staff's shifts schedule in staff hub, it says to take a break your manager hasn't added any upcoming shifts for you. I am the manager and when someone calls out sick, I need to see the entire schedule to get a replacement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add to ability to add contacts from Teams to Favourites section of the native Phone app on the iPhone

I'm not sure if this functionality is possible with the current state of iOS. I really would like to have this functionality so calls from Teams will ring even when do not disturb is enabled on the iPhone. This really is a problem since we setup Teams for receiving support calls 24/7, but with the current limitations it is not usable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow user to set callback as default join option

When joining a Teams meeting from mobile, I desparately need an option to have the Join button call me back as the default option. I see that some meetings allow the Join button to have a drop down option to call me but this requires too many clicks and is dangerous while driving.

A simple option to have the default Join action to be call back would be ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.