Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. URL Scheme

URL Scheme for iOS and Android app - forexample ms-teams://user@organization.com will launch Teams and goto chat screen of the "user". URL Scheme can be extended to various features of the MS Teams app. This will help customize Employee App all organization have. Enabling Office 365 directly integrating to these app. Currently, I am using ms-outlook:// to integrate Email feature in the app I am working.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is now being reviewed by the feature team. Once a decision is made, I will be sure to post the update on this suggestion.

-Warren

2. Silk support so i can use Teams on my kindle fire tablet

Silk browser support for kindle fire tablets would be great so that I don't have to take up precious space and resources with the app (assuming it is ever available in the Amazon app store). I can use so many O365 apps via Silk, and the addition of Teams would be appreciated. Even if limited to basic stuff like meetings, chat, and team groups. Thanks for considering!

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bluetooth capability on Android app

Android app does not have Bluetooth capability. Please add this asap.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for feedback! We have fixed many Bluetooth issues in recent updates, so we recommend taking the following steps:
    (1) update to the latest Teams app,
    (2) clear Bluetooth cache if you are using Android (search on Bing for how to do this for your particular device)
    (3) pair your Bluetooth headset again.
    If you are still experiencing issues, please help us by posting your phone model, BT headset model, current Teams client info, and when the issue occurs. You can also send us more information by choosing “Report an Issue” from Settings in the Teams app. Thank you!

4. Appear offline on phone App

Appear offline status but still get notificstions when away from desktop

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Persistent Login/Notifications on Mobile

I have a bunch of users that leverage Slack and Google Hangouts for group collaboration and I would like to present them with Teams as an alternative, but I have a major issue that is keeping me from suggesting it:

The mobile app is too inconsistent for making sure that users will see messages. There have been many time when our IT test group will think they are good, but someone will call them and ask why they are ignoring Teams. When you pull up the app, you get the login screen instead of your conversations, only to sign in…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Thank you for the feedback. This feature request is now being actively worked upon by the feature team. I’ll update this topic as we move along through the development.

Please keep the feedback coming. We appreciate all the responses.
    -Warren

6. “Call me Back” option auto fill my cell phone as a default

Please auto fill my cell phone with the call me back option.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable forwarding of messages to text/SMS

For people who don't want the mobile app, but still would like mobile notifications, is there any way to set up Teams to forward messages to SMS by changing a status or another factor?

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make a "meet now" button on the iPad and iPhone!!!

I am a teacher and we use iPads for learning. Since we are using teams now with all the shutdowns, we only have our iPads. I would rather not use my personal computer to make class videos but don't see how it is possible on iPad without a "meet now" button

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Call Queue opt in/out in Mobile app

I am part of a Call Queue and it works as expected in the desktop app, but it rings also on my mobile app even when I am at the office with my phone next to my computer. Two ideas:
    1. The Call Queue should recognize that I am using the computer and should prioritize it for incoming calls, so it shouldn't ring in the mobile app.
    2. Have an option to opt out for calls to the Call Queue in the mobile (or maybe for all calls). We use Team mobile to be in contact with the office at…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Link to Planner from Teams

I would like to open the planner app from teams to see tasks for that team. Not open a web browser

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. External Keyboard Support on iOS

Better app logic when Bluetooth/External keyboard is connected.

1. Better use of screen real estate.

2. Logical keyboard shortcuts (chat apps typically use "Enter" to send messages, not "Shift+Cmd+D", even though that is what the Apple Mail App uses, it is not consistent with Messages, Slack, etc.

3. Support for formatting (italics, bold, underline, etc.)

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mobile Outlook app appointment needs Teams option

The Outlook app has the option to create an appointment as a Skype For Business meeting. Unfortunately there is no option to create an appointment as Teams meeting. This is needed heavily as a Teams Only user. Please get in touch with the mobile Outlook app team to overcome this missing feature.
    Thank you very much!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. iOS 13 dark mode linked to system setting

The best part of OS 13’s dark mode is it can switch dynamically and on a schedule. Outlook of iOS’s dark mode is great but there needs to be an option to link it to the system’s setting.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. iOS CallKit integration with Contacts and Siri

In iOS, users have the ability to initiate calls from the native Contacts app or Siri, through Skype for Business. Teams should have the same functionality.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Open PowerBI App in Android like in iOS

Hi,
    we've tested a tab PowerBI with both iPhones and Android (Samsung). With iPhone the report is opened correctly with the app installed, while this doesn't happen on Android.
    Since in our organization we have mixed devices, we should be able to provide a common UX.
    Best regards

Daniele

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has been accepted by the feature team and is actively being worked upon!

-Warren

16. Choice of browser with iPad Teams app

We don't have the option to choose between an online browser version or the app (worth limited functionality). But once in the app, we don't have a choice of browser... It's Apple's Safari...
    Well, I would like to have the option to choose which browser to start for example when i click on a Tab. More and more iOS 11 apps give you this options in the settings menu

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support for mobile browsers

It makes no sense to me that teams cannot be accessed via the browser on iOS or Android.

I have classes using shared iPads and I can't have them logging into the Teams app.
    The ability to use Chome/ Safari/ Firefox on a mobile device would be extremely useful.

It is actually crazy it's not an option

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow the Mobile Clients to share links to Teams OneDrive documents

if I am on my mobile device I should be able to post or respond to an conversation and include in my message a link to a document in the Teams OneDrive. Currently the mobile clients ask my to download the document to my device and then attach it to the message making a copy of the document. That destroys the "One Version of the Truth" aspect of OneDrive and seems like the proverbial "Bad Idea." We should be able to browse the Team OneDrive a well as our individual OneDrive libraries and share the document as a link.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. See more option needs toggle on/off

The see more and see less functionality needs the options to be like it was before (i.e. I always want to see all the message)

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Face ID on iPhone X app

Option to enable Face ID for sign on, or finger print depending on model and OS

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base