Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop Mobile Teams Meetings from Being Interrupted by Mobile Phone Calls

When in a Teams meeting on Mobile Teams and we receive a mobile phone call to the mobile phone line, we are completely disconnected from the meeting. The mobile phone line call should only be shown as a toast and soft ring in the background instead of completely disconnecting us from the meeting (quite like getting a second call while on your mobile phone - your current call doesn't disconnect but you hear a soft ring in the background and have the option to reject or accept the call).

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View Pinned Chats in mobile app

Showing pinned chats t the top of the Recent Chat list works great in the desktop app. It is especially nice for pinning named group chats. But this functionality doesn't appear in the mobile app. Users should also be able to view pinned chat groups in the mobile app.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Switch call between Desktop and Mobile Client

Need the ability to switch from one client to another seamlessly with a button. Mobile and Desktop client should sync up to show if you are actively in a meeting and should be able to do a handoff between any client without a hiccup.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Open PowerBI App in Android like in iOS

Hi,
    we've tested a tab PowerBI with both iPhones and Android (Samsung). With iPhone the report is opened correctly with the app installed, while this doesn't happen on Android.
    Since in our organization we have mixed devices, we should be able to provide a common UX.
    Best regards

Daniele

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has been accepted by the feature team and is actively being worked upon!

-Warren

5. Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリの通知について。
    Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリを利用しております。アプリ起動時については通知がされますが、アプリのタスクを終了し、しばらく時間をおいた状態だと通知が届かず非常に不便しております。ビジネスで利用するものであるため、通知がないことで反応が遅れると非常にインパクトも大きいものとなります。
    非アクティブ時、アクティブ時、関係なく通知が正常に行われるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    When Microsoft Teams mobile apps is active, the notification email is sent, but if it’s not active a while, the notification is not sent. This behavior is very inconvenient and might be a big business impact as I missed the notification.

I would like to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. “Call me Back” option auto fill my cell phone as a default

Please auto fill my cell phone with the call me back option.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add optical character recognition to photographing documents and business cards.

The Teams mobile app on iOS and Android has settings for photographing documents and business cards, and attaching those to a conversation. This is a pretty neat feature, but let's bring it to the next level. It would be pretty cool if it could also optionally convert these same documents into PDFs, and convert business cards into contacts in Teams.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create, edit and delete channels in mobile app

Please make it possible to create, edit and delete channels in the mobile apps.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Call Queue opt in/out in Mobile app

I am part of a Call Queue and it works as expected in the desktop app, but it rings also on my mobile app even when I am at the office with my phone next to my computer. Two ideas:
    1. The Call Queue should recognize that I am using the computer and should prioritize it for incoming calls, so it shouldn't ring in the mobile app.
    2. Have an option to opt out for calls to the Call Queue in the mobile (or maybe for all calls). We use Team mobile to be in contact with the office at…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Opening office apps (like planner) inside the teams app, similar to the desktop app.

Similar to the desktop app, tabbed apps should open inside the mobile app instead of the browser.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow us to select edge as default browser to open link in edge mobile

As for Outlook Mobile I would like to be able to select Edge as the default link opener this way I get an SSO to corporate ressources

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MS Teams Document Links via email cannot be opened in mobile devices

I have a document added in Files tab of my MS team and I get a link for that document and share that link with other user via email. When that user tries to open that link via email in a mobile device, it gives an alert message saying that "Link not supported. You can't open this link on mobile app. Please open it on the desktop or web app".

So to summarize, i cannot open document links sent in an email from my mobile devices

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. iOS CallKit integration with Contacts and Siri

In iOS, users have the ability to initiate calls from the native Contacts app or Siri, through Skype for Business. Teams should have the same functionality.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Touch ID security please for iOS

Please add Touch ID security support for Teams!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Choice of browser with iPad Teams app

We don't have the option to choose between an online browser version or the app (worth limited functionality). But once in the app, we don't have a choice of browser... It's Apple's Safari...
    Well, I would like to have the option to choose which browser to start for example when i click on a Tab. More and more iOS 11 apps give you this options in the settings menu

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. IOS App enhancement

In current Teams App for iPhone and iPad, when you goto team and channel, you can only see conversations and files. I have a one note tab with meeting notes and cannot view. Can this please be addressed as = serious limitation

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams Mobile - Sync & Search Outlook Contacts and Shared Contacts

Teams Mobile does not show any contacts created in Outlook, or shared contacts from shared Outlook mailboxes. Please allow Teams Mobile to sync with those contacts so employees don't have to waste time re-creating and maintaining the SAME CONTACTS they already create on the Teams Desktop app. It's crazy in 2019 that our employees have to re-type phone numbers (or re-create each individual contact) to call our clients from the Teams Mobile app.

We are a very small company with lots of clients. Being able to search only fellow employees in Teams Mobile and not our client contact lists provides…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. No options to fast track users into a conference room and no option to by pass the lobby. And no option to see who is in the lobby!

Fix it. No options to fast track users into a conference room and no option to by pass the lobby. And no option to see who is in the lobby!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams should acknowledge hardware keyboards on iPad correctly

On an iPad, if you have a hardware keyboard (eg: Smart Keyboard) Teams does not automatically figure out that it’s a hardware keyboard and doesn’t do things like remap the ‘return’ key to mean ‘send’. Every other chat app I use does this.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MessageCard Layout

The layout of a MessageCard is not the same as desktop.
    PotentialAction is not shown.
    themeColor not used.
    Styling of title for a section is incorrectly styled.
    Links are automaticly linked in app, desktop you create link []().
    Linked - linkes get smaller font.

Etc etc

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

thank you!  ·  Warren responded

Thank you for the feedback, but this suggestion isn’t one we will be pursuing.
    -Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.