Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow adding bots to channels

We have a "passive" Slack bot that listens on allowed channels and provides some useful commentary on what's happening. In Teams I can neither add bot to channel (at all), nor does it receive any messages when added to private group conversations.

(I remember the same issue with bots in Skype, actually)

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

I know this was completed a while ago, but here are some instructions on two ways to add a bot to a channel:

The easiest way to add a bot is to click in the search bar, and choose the Discover bots option at the bottom of the list. From here, you can add bots to your one-on-one conversations and teams.

Another way to add bots to a team is to select View Team from the more icon icon next to your team name and clicking on the Bots tab. From here, click Bots to find bots and add them to your team. Remember, though, you can only add bots to teams if your team owner has enabled team members to do so.

Cheers,
    Suphatra

2. Compliance

E-discovery and Legal Holds need to be added for this to be used by orginizations that require all data to be able to be litigated.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Needs Email notification

Need a feature like Skype, so that when someone is not logged in, they get email notification if someone sent the a message they missed.
    should also be able to minimize conversations, so that unless they are expanded or active, you only see the original message.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Angela Sze responded

We currently send email notifications for missed chat messages or @-mentions in channels. Please let us know if this isn’t working for you and we will troubleshoot. Please note, we currently do not send email notifications for any missed message in a channel – this is a requested feature that is in our backlog.

4. Just pick one - Teams or Skype for Business. Why two products with so many redundancies?

Why not just a single, good product like Slack? Why two products with multiple redundancies and a few core features that don't overlap? I know that's sort of Microsoft's general business model, but isn't it a headache having to keep up with these two products? Why not merge them into a single GOOD product? Just a thought.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Hey Kennedy, thanks for your suggestion. I was at a conference yesterday and someone asked me the same thing, and it made me think of your question.

We don’t think there is a “one size fits all” collaboration product for our users. We have a lot of customers, as you can imagine, and we find that they are all on different points of their collaboration journey. Some are still married to email, some are exploring cutting edge ways of communication. We want to respect and meet our customers where they are at, which is why we provide a diverse array of great collaboration and productivity tools so they can create an IT portfolio that works best for their company.

I thank you again for your feedback and hope you continue to give us great thoughts like these. And please do not hesitate to email me directly or ping me on…

5. Improve API to navigate to team, tab, ...

We are building a custom application in Teams.

An end user opens up our application and:
    - We offer the user to navigate to a team by building up the link (similar to 'Get link to team')
    - When an end user clicks that link the browser opens up and asks if the link should be opened in the browser in the client application (see attachment)

It does not make sense to open up the link in the browser as we already have the client opened up.
    The end user should to end up in the Team general channel the…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate Outlook email into chat

I want to attach an email to my response

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Developer API to install custom Apps in personal scope and for a specific Team

I'd like a developer API regarding management of custom Apps. Mainly the ability to install custom Applications (in personal scope) for all our users, so that they automatically have our "company" app installed in their Teams sidebar.

Additionally, I'd like the ability to install (custom) apps/tabs in a specific team. This way a new Team can be customized automatically with all necessary tabs/bots/apps.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clone a Team and/or a Channel.

I havr invested some time in create a template for a Team that works for my department. It would be really useful if Teams allow for you to clone a Team.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base