Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pandora interruption

When you are listening to Pandora or streaming music services and someone calls you from Microsoft teams you need to make Microsoft teams interrupt Pandora so you can take the call right now there is no interruption the music keeps playing and you can't take the call it just goes to missed call

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Building a Connector

Hello,
    We have a web app and we want to integrate Microsoft Teams with it, as this was requested by some of our users.

The integration should be able to send alerts from our web app to a channel in the Microsoft Teams app, chosen by the user. The alerts are events that take place in our app, in the account of the user.
    After the integration is made, we expect to receive a token or a personalized URL for the channel the user chose, which we would save in the user's account and use to send messages/alerts.
    We've created…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. downvote ideas

Not sure I selected the right category.

I think it would be useful to also add the option to downvote an idea.

Ideas/feature with e.g. 100 votes can get implemented while maybe 1000 people don't like the idea or feature to be added.

Having a downvote option as well may indicate this and prevent unwanted features to be implemented.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. API post to mark an item as read on behalf of a user

We're looking at custom integrations for Teams and this would help us seamlessly integrate Teams into other user experiences and vice versa.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve error message when importing an existing app in the App Studio

When importing an existing app and the manifest file is not correct, the error displayed is "Import package failed. Make sure the package is correct.". The error is not very helpful and could be more specific. Is it the manifest file that is incorrect? is the manifest file missing? Are other files missing? Also, what could be a suggested work around? e.g. check the format of the manifest file with the schema checker or similar. Anything is better than "Make sure the package is correct".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create app for Nolt or Feature Upvote

I want access to a simple, inexpensive upvoting platform like Nolt or Feature Upvote. User Voice is too pricey. I want to crowdsource ideas from my team. it would be best to have this function directly within an MS Teams channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please allow pasting formatted code of any language in a chat.

I want to paste a block of javascript, vb, or c#, etc, and have the carriage returns maintained.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Code Snippet - DAX Support

Would love to have DAX support in the code snippets languages for all of us PowerBI nerds!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Send out a series of auto-emails ref the task exceeded the deadline

Repeatedly AUTO-EMAIL assignee to missed tasks (save the task setter having to chase them). Also, automatically keep a tally of these 'chases'. Automatically create a bottleneck type chart to monitor the average responses which can then either be filtered on specific tasks or on specific personnel all to aid process reporting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make team groups available to be embedded into SharePoint site.

Make team groups available to be embedded into SharePoint site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hi Team, I need to use 2 domain's Teams on my laptop. Ex. I supposed to loging to teams with 2 different email IDs, Please suggest me.

Hi Team, I need to use 2 domain's Teams on my laptop. Ex. I supposed to log in to teams with 2 different email IDs, Please suggest me.

E-Mail ID I need to use were: surapureddys@hcl.com & ssurapur@estee.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve API to allow creating/updating Tabs on a Teams Channel

We have automated the creation of our Teams, but we would like to configure Tabs on it.
    Can an API be created for this purpose?
    Kind regards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams clone API

According to the documentation there is a clone graph API which will allow to clone a team however the result of the POST call is empty. It would be better that the POST call should return the guide of a team/group which is going to be created.

Also the doc mentions that the cloning is a long time operation and in order to check if the cloning is complete, make the GET calls... However it doesn't mention which GET call and call what??

Here is the link of the preview API documentation:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/api/team_clone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option for Line Numbers

Would like to have the option to turn on line numbers to make collaboration on code segments easier like in Slack

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Write Teams in C++ with Win32 and no COM

Write Teams in C++ with Win32 and no COM so it can be like Word but light as the Calculator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. bring back pinned folders and the Recent files (as in 2010). It is completely gone in 2016 which is killing productivity

Pinned files and folders/recent files list (aka Office 2010)

In 2010 (and in 2013 from what I can tell from searching online), it was possible to pin both files and folders, and to quickly and easily open a list of pinned items. This is GONE in 2016. Please bring it back. I've read lots of complaints online that it is gone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to set the number of monitors to use in a RDP connection

I would like to set the number of monitors to use in a RDP connection. Currently you can use all or one

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Easy viewing for support purposes

Ability to easily view group and team sites for Office 365 admins without adding myself. Often IT tickets can be solved if I can see the issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. STOP FORECUFLLY UPDATING ALL THE ******* TIME!

Keeps interrupting me by updating.
    STOP IT!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Broken link in help for Teams Developer Platform

https://aka.ms/microsoftteamsplatform is broken and redirects to the Microsoft home page. Suggesting fixing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.