Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pandora interruption

When you are listening to Pandora or streaming music services and someone calls you from Microsoft teams you need to make Microsoft teams interrupt Pandora so you can take the call right now there is no interruption the music keeps playing and you can't take the call it just goes to missed call

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • open source connectors code

With Microsoft buying Github and Open sourcing of many items. Why not open source the Teams Connectors so that the community can help support them and make them better even when they may not get many votes on this site

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• How does the future of MS Teams look like? Is it possible (long-term) that you will stop the free service and make it fee-based?

We're using the free version of MS Teams and are max 200 ppl. There are rumours in our organization that MS teams will stopp the free-service and make it fee-based only. Any comment from Microsoft on this?

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• hotmail

I don't like the new hotmail design, look and changes they made. There should always be an option for ppl to decline the upgrade or new thing and add it at a later date IF they wish to!

I almost lost an email I went to reply to b/c when I clicked to do it like I normally do, it disappeared and I found it in my deleted mail!!

Why do you show us certain folders multiple times?

Why is everything in colors and sections? That makes it more confusing. Too busy.

Give us the option to change it back…

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Improve error message when importing an existing app in the App Studio

When importing an existing app and the manifest file is not correct, the error displayed is "Import package failed. Make sure the package is correct.". The error is not very helpful and could be more specific. Is it the manifest file that is incorrect? is the manifest file missing? Are other files missing? Also, what could be a suggested work around? e.g. check the format of the manifest file with the schema checker or similar. Anything is better than "Make sure the package is correct".

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Create app for Nolt or Feature Upvote

I want access to a simple, inexpensive upvoting platform like Nolt or Feature Upvote. User Voice is too pricey. I want to crowdsource ideas from my team. it would be best to have this function directly within an MS Teams channel.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add Attachment To Chat Thread in API

Right now, we can create a message in Teams through the API. We can also upload a file through sharepoint and search for it in teams. What would be nice, is to be able to add an attachment to a Teams Chat Thread so the attachment would be inline on teams and look as if we uploaded it through the desktop client.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• How can I use VBA from an Excel spreadsheet to create a new chat in MS Teams?

Using VBA in Excel, I can send emails via MS Outlook to specific users. This works fine using VBA constructs like "CreateObject("Outlook.Application"), ".CreateItem(0)" and "created item.Send" for example. Our organisations wishes to embrace MS teams, so I need to be able to do the equivalent, that is cerate an MS teams application and chat instance, then compose the chat and "send" it. Rather than specifying an email address, I think I would specify a chat address of the form "@ user name", but that's as far I can figure out.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please allow pasting formatted code of any language in a chat.

I want to paste a block of javascript, vb, or c#, etc, and have the carriage returns maintained.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Code Snippet - DAX Support

Would love to have DAX support in the code snippets languages for all of us PowerBI nerds!

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Send out a series of auto-emails ref the task exceeded the deadline

Repeatedly AUTO-EMAIL assignee to missed tasks (save the task setter having to chase them). Also, automatically keep a tally of these 'chases'. Automatically create a bottleneck type chart to monitor the average responses which can then either be filtered on specific tasks or on specific personnel all to aid process reporting

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Streamline MS Teams and Yammer with Office 365 Groups, and with MS Sharepoint Online

Hi:

I tried to understand the relationship between MS Teams, Yammer, Office 365 Groups and MS Sharepoint Online. It looks like a spaghetti for business users.
                            I started to understand it as I explained it in https://www.intercs.com/ms-office-365 .
                            MS Teams has great features but needs to be streamlined.

To streamline it , I would sit together with serious users of MS Office 365 and discuss their needs, and how they use it.
                            One possible use is described in: https://www.intercs.com/ms-sharepoint-online .

Sharepoint Online provided a structure of sites and subsites, and sub sub sites. I liked that structure since it was…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• I don't like the forum type layout. Wish this had more of a groupme feel to it. Like have a war room group, an IT group, a tips group, etc.

I don't like the forum type layout. Wish this had more of a groupme feel to it. Like have a war room group, an IT group, a tips group, etc.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• BUG: When thread is collapsed, first name is used instead of preferred name

Not an idea, but a bugreport. Was sent here by @MicrosoftHelps.

Copying the text:
                                Hey @MicrosoftHelps, a transgender friend just got outed at her work through @MicrosoftTeams because apparently when a thread is collapsed it shows the "real" name instead of preferred name. Couldn't find a place to report bugs, so I'll just ping you here. Please get this fixed.

Her description:
                                I can’t see it on my side but we are using the desktop app.

Every time I get pinged it shows up properly but you close a thread drop down it reverts to first name Instead of preferred…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support pasting into multi-select combo-boxes

Normal combo-boxes allow pasting values into them. However, Combo-boxes setup to allow multiple selections will not allow pasting a value into them. There are times when the value may be the same for several records in a continuous form. In this case it would be convenient and more efficient to copy once and insert multiple times, rather than to have to select and enter, to complete each entry in these cases.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Pleas add me in teams

Please add me in teams

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Enable users to add content to channel tabs programmatically

I would like the ability to programatically add tabs to existing or new channels. Would like to have access to change the content on tabs at any time.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Hi Team, I need to use 2 domain's Teams on my laptop. Ex. I supposed to loging to teams with 2 different email IDs, Please suggest me.

Hi Team, I need to use 2 domain's Teams on my laptop. Ex. I supposed to log in to teams with 2 different email IDs, Please suggest me.

E-Mail ID I need to use were: surapureddys@hcl.com & ssurapur@estee.com

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Provide ability to reply to a Channel root message using Graph API

Is this support already in the works? If yes, when is it expected to be available?

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base