Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When someone shares a file and you click on the 3 dots with message, the open online option is not properly aligned with rest of of options.

When someone shares a file and you click on the 3 dots with message, the open online option is not properly aligned with rest of of options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Teams content not removed when license is unassigned.

I would like to see a feature of Microsoft Teams that when a user license is accidentally removed, the content associated with the Team site will NOT be removed.
      Case # 617081594352634

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Surface for Developer

What do you think about a Surface specially for Visual Studio Developers?
        With large touch display and high resolution. At least 17 inches. Screen and keyboard are separable. Additional screens (tablets) can be used as additional screens.
        Keyboard variants: Touch keyboard like the keyboard from first Surface or a special keyboard based on a tablet.
        Visual Studio logo on the back of the tablet. On top of the keyboard is a separate touch display (horizontal). There you can see the login information including the profile picture of the user. Hotkeys etc …
        Preinstalled Windows, together with Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise. …

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• .NET Standard nuget package

I'd love to see a .NET Standard library to use the API hassle-free in .NET Core.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support iOS 10.3.3

Please add compatibility por iOS 10.3.3, very much devices only update to this version, included tablets and cell phones. Thanks.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Keep it simple. We only started using Teams because Hipchat went out of commission. Right now Teams feels non-intuitive

Wow. I thought the heading was my essay. Apparently not. And now my heading is over worded and complicated. And this is my point. I’m a working stiff at an animation studio and I don’t have time for a learning curve. Keep it simple for noobs who are using your product. Maybe this is a culture clash and your designers have free reign before testing the entertainment industry. Look at WhatsApp. I can highlight a previous comment and respond. This is true on teams but not on PMs also. Can’t copy a pic from the internet to clipboard and simply…

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • forms results

FORMS
                Is it possible to also export individual answers into a PDF/Word/Excel document (One or all options??) rather than just being able to print a single result or having to extract results form the combined excel spreadsheet

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Hi MicroSoft, Can you add an icon to access the camera during a chat to send snapshots to the other party. Like in WhatSapp

Hi Microsoft,
                  Can your MS Teams Developers add an icon to access the the camera during a chat to send snapshots to the other party. just like the possibility we have in WhatSapp ?

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Default channel for Teams name

I'd like to be able to choose a channel as default when clicking on the team name in the left side of the screen.

When a team only has one channel (general channel), you get directly to that channel when clicking on the team name in the left side. When the team has many channels and you click on the team name you don´t even get into the team or any channel (if all channels are showing in a list under team name, it "closes"). You have to click on a channel to get inside the team.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Graph views using IPhone 7

I need to use the app for work, I want to access my charts but I’m finding overall experience is quite disappointing, I’m forever zooming in quite far and missing lots of data through my bi graphs. Proving a little disappointing. It feels like I’m using a web page more than an app.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• I propose an idea for the Xbox two.

So I have heard the Xbox two is coming out soon. I propose an idea that may very well be beneficial to the company console wise. Gaming PC. Design a desktop PC after the Xbox one x although bigger. Upgrade and use the hardware from the Xbox one x. Sell it for the price of a console. No more than $500. It should by standard come with an Xbox mouse and keyboard with the logo button and all. If you build it, people will buy it. Let's face it. Consoles are becoming a thing of the past. People don't buy…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Azure Data factory repository setup in different tennant with resource group contributor access

Allow Azure Data factory repository setup in different tennant with resource group contributor access which is only available with subscription level contributor access. Please see details below

Hi Dinesh,

Thank you for your email.

Sorry, that I missed to send you an update after our last meeting. ☹

As discussed on the call, to setup a data factory repo the user need at least contributor permission at the Azure subscription. However I understand in your scenario getting this higher level for permission for larger group of user is not possible. Since this is product behavior by design, there is no…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• i am not able to see App studio in MSTeam Store

i am not able to see App studio in MSTeam Store and i have Office 365 Enterprise E3but still can't see app for hosting purpose.Is there anything that i am missing i just want to host sample application and then wanna use it

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Rubrics, marking and one note

Good morning. I have a few questions. The first question relates to the use of rubrics on teams. I really enjoy working with the rubrics, but I find that the options for entering marks are limited. I struggle to upload or create rubrics with different mark scales. If the first category is out of 10 and the next category is out of 5, I struggle to create the rubric. Furthermore, rubrics give you the option to award a mark between two or three points. This is also not available. It also does not give you the option to work with…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Self-correcting software to handle event errors

When my computer starts acting up as it is now with a nasty keyboard lag I start investigating the problem checking my drivers and opening up the event viewer. When I see errors I start trying to track them down using google searches. This often leads me to Microsoft forums where Microsoft people are trying to direct users how to navigate fixing issues that Microsoft should be automatically fixing. It is nonsense that Microsoft expects typical users to fix software problems. When a Microsoft program detects an issue it should handle the issue - period. Not just post an error…

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Teams video to run outside of a Microsoft Operating System

The fact that the Teams Client is reliant on a Microsoft OS makes it expensive to build out MS Teams Video Room spaces. Managing remote video spaces that are running for example MS Surface PC's or Intel NUC pc's in order to host Teams is costly, operational inefficient and security concern driven. Teams is too fat. The Teams Client used by the end user on the their PC's can be fat, it can be OS driven, with all the bells and whistles, but please simplify the Teams Video Room System requirements. It should be simplified to run outside of a…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• statistics

Stastics on member activity
                                        - Number of posts
                                        - Number of file updates
                                        - Activity / channel

Ability to build PowerBI with such stats.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Needs to be more like groupme. Plus notifications don't come through well. Create a mute function. More gifs to help make it fun.

Needs to be more like groupme. Plus notifications don't come through well. Create a mute function. More gifs to help make it fun.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base