Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Attachment To Chat Thread in API

Right now, we can create a message in Teams through the API. We can also upload a file through sharepoint and search for it in teams. What would be nice, is to be able to add an attachment to a Teams Chat Thread so the attachment would be inline on teams and look as if we uploaded it through the desktop client.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. backticks don't work when you paste them or type the first one second

backticks don't work when you paste them or type the first one second

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. circleci

CircleCI Webhook no longer works since CircleCI has been upgraded to 2.0 and 1.0 will be deprecated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create a Microsoft Teams app project template for Visual Studio 2017

Same kind of template as Office add-ins (SharePoint, Word, Outlokk, ...) but for Microsoft Teams apps with support for bots, tabs, connectors, ...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Test Mock Library or Recommended way to e2e test a Teams app.

End to End/Integration testing is a bit of a pain with automated testing tools:
    a developer has to deal with authentication into Teams, clicking the correct team/channel,
    finding the proper iFrame for your app, and then dealing with authentication within Teams.

Much of this is ends up testing Microsoft Teams itself rather than a developer's specific application.

To try to mitigate this problem, I've been creating larger and larger mocks of the Teams
    js library so I can test the app outside of Teams' environment. This way, I can have Teams' context return data
    I need, simulate theme changes, etc...…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically have all team members muted in Teams for Education

A setting that starts all Team members as muted, they can then be manually changed by owners.

This would be particularly useful in education as currently we have to add admin manually to every channel to ensure messaging is not being abused

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. down vote

Ability to down vote suggestions

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add this feature to Windows: right clicking on a file and copying the link to that file.

Just need an easier way to getting the link to a certain file in Windows. I'm thinking maybe you can add "Copy link" once you right click a file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A Communication Plaftorm for Group Companies グループ会社との連携

We are looking for a platform where we can not only communicate with members within a company but with members of group companies of our global network.

This platform would include below features:
    -Messaging
    -Meetings
    -Search

グループ会社と連携する為のプラットフォームを希望します。
    社内のみならず世界中のグループ会社と連携させ、下記機能を隔たりなく使える様にしてほしいです。
    機能:
    -メッセージ
    -会議
    -検索(ユーザーの)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make planner task sort filters sticky

Task sort filters in Planner should be sticky. If I access a Planner and change the sort filter, that sort filter should be selected if I exit the planner, then return to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Incluir la opción de Responder a un mensaje concreto, en la ficha conversaciones de un grupo de Chat privado

Permitir que en la ficha de conversaciones de un grupo de Chat privado se pueda responder a un mensaje determinado, al igual que se puede hacer dentro de la ficha de conversaciones de un canal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams app is a piece of junk

It is consuming most memory (262MB) of all applications I am using on my laptop. The only applications running on my machine are Outlook, Chrome browser to write this feedback, Teams and Skype. CPU usage is over 95%. Since I installed Teams, it has hijacked my machine. I have a 64 Bit processor with 16GB RAM but my machine is crawling. Moving from one one app to another app take over 30 seconds. Disgusted and outraged with your application. I would get rid of it but it is company policy and have to retain this junk.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) control of USB cameras.

This has been possible for more than 10 Years with other brands.
    And could be very nice to have as a feature.

Best regards

Morten Nikolajsen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Wizard 101 on Xbox

All I’m asking is that Microsoft and KingsIsle work together to get Wizard 101 in the Xbox store.
    I have already posted a discussion about this on the Xbox forums and it has received positive feedback from all of the community, even those who don’t know what Wizard 101 is.
    It’s a great chance to bring in fans of all kinds to Xbox.
    Please consider this idea, I would love even a response.
    Thank you, Jean-Pierre Roberts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please make it so teachers can remove the Class Notebook tab from TEAMS.

Please make it so teachers can remove the Class Notebook tab from TEAMS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. API to retrieve your saved messages

It would be great to be able to save messages and then using flow or custom code be able to query for them via an API.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. everything is fine, until I realize that you can not delete the chats, please add the option that is not chat history and can be deleted

everything is fine, until I realize that you can not delete the chats, please add the option that is not chat history and can be deleted

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.