Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow a single user to join a Team meeting on multiple devices simultaneously

In Skype for Business, I am able to accept an Audio invitation on the phone app while accepting the Video/Screen sharing invitation from my PC simultaneously. It would be very helpful if I could do that from within Teams as well since I keep my earbuds connected to my phone but my laptop screen makes it much easier to view shared content.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure devops account different from teams account

Because of a long history with Microsoft account issues with TFS and later Azure devops, I've ended up with a different account login for azure devops than the one I use with MS Teams.
    And then I cannot add Azure devops page to my team as the account used to log in to MS Teams must be the same as the one accessing Azure dev ops for some reason. Can this be fixed, or is there a work-around?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Blinking chat window for missed conversation

The Skype for Business had blinking window feature for missed conversation and it used to grab attention to respond to other party, now with teams the window is flagged with tiny red unread message but most of the times we are missing to respond as that red mark is not noticeable. It would be great to have same blinking window feature in Teams to respond to missed conversation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add unread notification bubble to app icon

Hi,

Slack provides a notification bubble with the count of unread mentions. It also provides a notification bubble with a dot if there are no unread mentions, but there are channels with unread messages (example attached).

Currently, Teams includes a bubble with the count of unread mentions, but there is no way to tell from the app icon in the dock if there is other unread activity. Could you please add this feature?

Thanks,

Matt

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add more themes

Please add more themes rather then just high contrast, dark and white. The high contrast one is horrible, dark is great but wish there were more colors than just purple

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow the markdown syntax for code snippet

Code Snippets feature is now available but requires a lot of click / button. It would be great to be able to juste use the markdown syntax : ```csharp ``` for instance.
    We use this syntax in Azure DevOps wiki, it seems legit to have the same experience in Ms Teams

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Group/private chats management API

It would be better to have API for create, delete, add/delete members, etc. for chats.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Intelligrated (over 3,000 employees) is moving from Slack to Microsoft Teams. Please add custom emoji support and allow resizing of columns!

Intelligrated (over 3,000 employees) is moving from Slack to Microsoft Teams. Please add custom emoji support and allow resizing of columns!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. API

According your release notes, future Teams API versions will add support for reading existing chat threads in a channel. Wondering about the expected timing of those API features? I'd like to explore ways to trend the number of conversations Teams are engaging in.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. games for microsoft teams

create games people can play in chat like apple does for texts

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Deleting chat?

Development needed in deleteing messages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Call Park

Modifications to do to the call park platform :

- a shared waiting list
    - an icon «Phone» for accept the call rather than the code call to type.
    - Custom waiting music.
    - Anyone authorized needs to managed calls in the call park. (take and manage calls in the shared waiting list)
    - No code required to manage calls

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Implement "End Chat" feature and UI element (X) in Teams 1:1 Chat & Group Chat to enable bots /participants to detect end of conversation

Unlike Skype for Business or other chat clients, there is no UI element to actually "close" a 1:1 chat.

While it makes sense for channels/teams which are persistent, this breaks many bot scenarios specially in customer service where the remote party/bot needs to know that the user has discontinued the conversation.

In SfB, this triggers a specific SIP message that indicates to the remote participant, including UCMA Bots, that the user has closed the conversation. There is no such capability in Teams

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Review the Roadmap, above https://M365Roadmap link doesn't work.

This blog site, although communicated on this page can’t be reached m365roadmap’s server IP address could not be found.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support iOS 10.3.3

Please add compatibility por iOS 10.3.3, very much devices only update to this version, included tablets and cell phones. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow setting creation and modification time when creating chat messages

We need to set creation and modification times of chat messages in a migration scenario where messages from another system must be migrated to Teams.

This is currently not possible as the fields are marked as read-only. (see here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/chatmessage?view=graph-rest-beta)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Increase Throttling Limit when accessing from Graph API

I am trying to automate our Teams structure, by using the Graph API, and keep running into the throttling limits, which I cannot find any documentation for.
    It seems to be the Skype backend that throws the ActivityLimitReached error and it seems really really low.
    One of the issues is that in order to get teams structure (team main info, channel and tabs) you actually need to perform alot of graph queries, which all count towards your ActivityLimit, i guess.
    So basically, increase the throttling limit (not just a little, but alot!) or give us some other way of accessing…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The "Teams" should have nofications like the normal chat does and / or normal chat should be able to @team / @general / @all / @something

The Teams don't have notifications but general chat does. General chat can't do chat room wide mentions. Combine Teams and Chat and / or add notifications to teams and / or add channel wide mentions in chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. give feedback on implemented ideas

Not sure I selected the right category.

When an idea gets closed because it got implemented, it is not possible to add a comment on it.
    It would be useful to have an option to give feedback on the implementation of the idea.

A good idea with a bad implementation can get adjusted/fixed this way.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.