Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. EML file reader for reading emailed conversations to a channel

Related to the recent "Forward an email to a channel".
    The full email is attached as an EML file. But it needs to be downloaded to read.
    Please build an EML file reader into the application and browser experience. It will be valuable to read the full email without downloading.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable threading of Connector updates such as Webhooks

We've just finished building a webhook connector that will be giving us work item updates from our on-prem TFS. This is very exciting, however, every update comes in as a new thread. This is less exciting. We need the ability for, once a work item exists in a thread in the chat, for all work item updates pertaining to that work item to be threaded under that initial message. Otherwise, chaos. Perhaps the ability to arbitrarily define and ID for each webhook message, and when the same ID is re-used, it becones threaded?

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Support @ notifications in messages posted through web hook API

We have automated messages posted to a channel and the @notifications are considered normal text and no actual notification happen. Since no one is notified of messages in channels to begin with (waiting for https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16911520-notifications-for-all-messages-in-a-channel to be implemented), we'd at least need notifications to work.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. checklist planner

Planner Checklist item additions:

1) Provide the ability to assign one or more people to Planner checklist items within a card.
    (The card itself has assigned people but each Planner checklist item should also have assigned people.)

2) Provide the ability to assign due dates to Planner Checklist items within a card.
    (The card itself has a due date but each Planner checklist item should also have their own due dates)

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow a single user to join a Team meeting on multiple devices simultaneously

In Skype for Business, I am able to accept an Audio invitation on the phone app while accepting the Video/Screen sharing invitation from my PC simultaneously. It would be very helpful if I could do that from within Teams as well since I keep my earbuds connected to my phone but my laptop screen makes it much easier to view shared content.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multi-company groups

I really like Microsoft Teams, but i think it could be better working with people from any company using this app.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Spell check EVERYTHING

have spell check in ALL locations where typing is allowed. example: notes or comments on assignments,

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Full API to write/receive messages so we can create new clients or integrate it into other tools

Slack has a full API, so people can write their own client apps or integrate Slack messaging into existing apps. Would be great to have something similar. Especially combined with giving external users access to Teams.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Schedule posts/announcements.

As a teacher, I would love to be able to schedule a post/announcement in Teams! This would be an amazing feature, especially in the current climate.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Powerpoint in Teams needs to have an 'import slides' option. This will help with collaboration.

I find it difficult to collaborate using the Teams Powerpoint in app. Since the powerpoint in teams doesn't have the extended capabilities regular PowerPoint does, it is difficult to format. When multiple people are working and collaborating within the PowerPoint document in teams I'd like to be able to import and merge slides built outside of the teams app.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AD / O365 Group integration

Make teams groups able to use AD / o365 groups so dynamic team membership can be driven by groups.
    When adding a member to a team you can add a group but this just pulls the current member of the group. Making teams read the group membership to determine membership on a scheduled basis would be very helpful for teams that change regularly and are based on AD groups.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Permalink

I want to be able to point someone to a message in Teams via a URL (aka a permalink). This would be particularly useful when used from outside Teams (e.g. From a wiki, or from an email, etc) but would have use within Teams too. We currently use MatterMost (an on-premises Slack clone) and sharing permalinks to messages is something that people do often.

As far as I'm aware there's no way to get a permalink to a message from within the Teams desktop app, my request is that you make this possible. Thanks.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Record calls

Hi, Can you add a feature to record the calls like we have it on Skype for Business. Thanks

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. API's for call handling

When will a complete set of API's be available to develop telephony related apps? The Voice and Video API's are sorely lacking any meaningful capabilities. Even simple things like answer, transfer, hang up, presence etc are not available.

Customers and Partners are clamoring for us to bring our solution to the Teams platform but, with no useful API's, we're unable to develop our solutions.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Our app developers want to be able to type code directly and retain formatting. This is supported in Slack/Hip Chat.

Our app developers want to be able to type code directly and retain formatting. This is supported in Slack/Hip Chat. This is very desirable for our DEV community.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Microsoft Teams Room system default volume setting

Hello

We need the ability to set default volume level in settings of MTR.

In some rooms where MTR is used with external audio equipment, the default level of 50% is too loud and needs to be lower.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Created Quiz assignment to run in Take a Test app

After Quiz is assigned and student click to run the quiz, it will be automatically opened in Take a Test app, which disables opening another windows on computer.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show URL previews for messages from Connectors

When I post a URL as a user, Teams automatically expands the message to include a URL preview. When a webhook posts the same thing, the URL remains plain text.

The webhook should be able to opt in to the same "unfurling" treatment that the user's message received.

Screenshots: https://stackoverflow.com/q/40415045

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to integrate with webhook

Ability to send pretty much anything via a webhook and json payload (jira, confluence, bitbucket, ... )

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create one client for both Yammer, Teams, Skype and Skype for business

In our company we are using skype for business, teams, yammer as well as other communication tools. I would love to see one client where I can monitor and participate in all different channels. I have seen 3'd party tools for this that support slack, Skype, instagram and others.

Having a client that brought all the different communication channels together for the O365 would be great. I think it could be done without taking away each channels advantage. I have seen that Yammer for example evaluates using skype for chat instead of yammer chat. Each service has it own set…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base