Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. forgot password and reset through mobile number should be included

forgot password and reset through mobile number should be included

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the location of video menu bar

Please fix the location of video menu bar, for avoid mis-operation.

I sometimes press the wrong button in video menu bar.
    Because, its location is centered in main panel, so it moves when I open a chat or audience panel.

For example, when I want to check message in chat instantly during video meeting, I press a chat button, then check messages, and then click same position again. However, video menu was moved during chat box opened, so I mis-operate to close chat box.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add reply option to messege in Laptop like Mobile

Please add reply option to messege in Laptop like Mobile

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add sound clip reactions like clapping or crickets within meetings

It would increase engagement in meetings to add a small handful of sound clips to react. It would be a good idea to have the option to opt in or out of the feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. video conferencing to make it better

i find the team not robust enough for video conferencing​
    when the presenter is using the video mode (not slide mode), my screen will pop over to another screen as the other participant who is speaking or not muting his microphone.
    i hope user can change the settings accordingly to his preferences during the meeting~ to show only the presenter video sharing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Thank you or "TY" as a reaction to messages

It would be great to add "TY" as a reaction when you hover over messages. It shows appreciation as well as acknowledgment.

It would be even better to integrate reactions like slack to make all emojis available.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Changes in teams meeting

Please create option by which who is removed and who is removing so that helps the faculty and students as well ,so they could warn the person who is removing in between the meeting.
    Please create popup notification bar so that we could notice that we got a message which we can overview on other app too.
    Make the insights visible to all the team members as well all the students so they could maintain proper insights without missing.
    Make default option that to get a notification while the meeting gets started or a invite call directly ,so we could…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make viewing of videos of alla attendees possibl. This will ensure teacher to have a direct control on the participants to maintain order.

Make viewing of videos of alla attendees possibl. This will ensure teacher to have a direct control on the participants to maintain order.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'm looking for some feature like reply specific message on desktop teams like whatsapp, multi user login in in same desktop instance l, etc

I'm looking for some feature like reply specific message on desktop teams like whatsapp, multi user login in in same desktop instance like corporate & personal id, etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Attach a social media platform for companies to support the social life of their employees while working from Home.

I work for my company from home for two months now, as an Architect I realized that I am working without meeting any one from my colleagues, a very nice people who I learned from them a lot about their culture just by meeting them in the kitchen.
    Building a social media platform for companies will help those companies to empower the social life of their employees in order to achieve a better productivity.
    Kindly find in link bellow a social media post for a company celebrating the birthday of their employees in the kitchen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ydhoHn_03/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allowing more that 4 faces to be visible during the video option

When students use this platform, especially young students (preschool, kinder, first) it is important that they are able to see one another the entire time. We have entered this world of online learning and students cant feel connection when they share or show their ideas to the entire class if those students cant see one another. Similarly, the teacher cannot see all of the kids so, they will miss a child raising their hand or pointing. All children cannot speak as many do.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. forward option for image and text to other user. and multiple chat text selection and remove option.

forward option for image and text to another user. and multiple chat text selection and remove options.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can you add "active desktop" as background? and make presenter smaller size

The added background feature is a nice good addon in teams.

Can you add "active desktop" as background? and make presenter smaller size

In this way I can share my active information with teams attendees.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. print funktion

print all data types. Would be great,if you could print multiple files at the same time without having to download them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams live event only has a conference line for presenters we need the ability to have a call in line for 500 or more audience callers.

Teams live event only has a conference line for presenters we need the ability to have a call in line for 500 or more audience callers. This has been a huge deal breaker making us go to other solutions for Web events.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Really see what my student see

Hi, I am using Teams to teach my students while school is closed. I noticed that if I programm a task i can switch to "view as my students see the task" but I still do not see it like my students, so I always have to ask a student to share his/ her desktop so I can explain how they can and have to use the functions and tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Edit students work quickly using a stylus

It would be great if I could edit work submitted by students quickly using a stylus pen. Work is often submitted as a JPEG or PDF which cannot be quickly and easily edited directly in teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Clear "reacted to your message" notifications on chats you are looking at automatically

"X, reacted to your message" notifications appear in alerts and stay there even when you're looking at a chat where that reaction has happened. Would be nice if they auto-cleared if you were looking at them on a chat

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A more interactive gallery of video calls. Not a good look to only see circles with initial in them to indicate a person is there. Fix thi

The video conference view only holds 4 visual shots - everyone else becomes a bubble - terrible. Change this option to mirro zoom and googel hangouts screenss\

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. mute feature for teachers

From our teacher - Dear Parents,
    As we (the first-grade team) figure out what to do since the DOE has banned us from using Zoom (or even Google Meet for that matter), please be aware that we won't be holding zoom sessions until further notice. We are supposed to migrate to MS Teams but, among other things, it does not allow us to "mute all" and prevent participants from unmuting themselves, which can be a problem with younger students.
    I'm sure this is as upsetting for you as it is for us and we apologize for the inconvenience.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base