Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How can I use VBA from an Excel spreadsheet to create a new chat in MS Teams?

Using VBA in Excel, I can send emails via MS Outlook to specific users. This works fine using VBA constructs like "CreateObject("Outlook.Application"), ".CreateItem(0)" and "created item.Send" for example. Our organisations wishes to embrace MS teams, so I need to be able to do the equivalent, that is cerate an MS teams application and chat instance, then compose the chat and "send" it. Rather than specifying an email address, I think I would specify a chat address of the form "@ user name", but that's as far I can figure out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Streamline MS Teams and Yammer with Office 365 Groups, and with MS Sharepoint Online

Hi:

I tried to understand the relationship between MS Teams, Yammer, Office 365 Groups and MS Sharepoint Online. It looks like a spaghetti for business users.
    I started to understand it as I explained it in https://www.intercs.com/ms-office-365 .
    MS Teams has great features but needs to be streamlined.

To streamline it , I would sit together with serious users of MS Office 365 and discuss their needs, and how they use it.
    One possible use is described in: https://www.intercs.com/ms-sharepoint-online .

Sharepoint Online provided a structure of sites and subsites, and sub sub sites. I liked that structure since it was…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I don't like the forum type layout. Wish this had more of a groupme feel to it. Like have a war room group, an IT group, a tips group, etc.

I don't like the forum type layout. Wish this had more of a groupme feel to it. Like have a war room group, an IT group, a tips group, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BUG: When thread is collapsed, first name is used instead of preferred name

Not an idea, but a bugreport. Was sent here by @MicrosoftHelps.

Copying the text:
    Hey @MicrosoftHelps, a transgender friend just got outed at her work through @MicrosoftTeams because apparently when a thread is collapsed it shows the "real" name instead of preferred name. Couldn't find a place to report bugs, so I'll just ping you here. Please get this fixed.

Her description:
    I can’t see it on my side but we are using the desktop app.

Every time I get pinged it shows up properly but you close a thread drop down it reverts to first name Instead of preferred…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support pasting into multi-select combo-boxes

Normal combo-boxes allow pasting values into them. However, Combo-boxes setup to allow multiple selections will not allow pasting a value into them. There are times when the value may be the same for several records in a continuous form. In this case it would be convenient and more efficient to copy once and insert multiple times, rather than to have to select and enter, to complete each entry in these cases.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pleas add me in teams

Please add me in teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable users to add content to channel tabs programmatically

I would like the ability to programatically add tabs to existing or new channels. Would like to have access to change the content on tabs at any time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide ability to reply to a Channel root message using Graph API

Is this support already in the works? If yes, when is it expected to be available?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. how can I remove a file?

no possibility defined for removing files in the option list: three points on the right side of files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CYBERCREDV

a teaching tool that helps young people, children and adults who learn to maximize learning by using products that help the learner understand basic information while breaking down tougher information. the D.I.S is also used as a functioning part of skype, and other microsoft products which would help enumerable hours of learning cut down to short period of time. colorful, yet achievable personality functionality for education. also helps young people learn when education is slow by adding sound on the cloud and basic A.I through transitions that otherwise understand the user through a speaking point by point microphone. sound is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move edit option out of submenu to make it faster to edit chats.

Edit should be available without going into more options menu. This is a common action that should be available on the top menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Get all favorite teams using microsoft graph api

I was trying to integrate teams with our intranet portal but could not get api to get all the favorite teams for a user. Please guide if it is already available or take this up to expose a graph api with this data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The fact that we are not able to work together in Skype for Business AND Teams is ****. In our company this is a really big problem

It would be a good Idea to speed up the work with making Teams and Skype for Business "work together" ??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Be more like Skype for Business.

Nothing more than the topic title says.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add firewire driver support on Window 10

Add Firewire drivers support on Window 10.
    Please add driver support for Firewire again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add SharePoint website complete

I would like to share the complete share point team websites!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy Paste a Jira into a MS Word document

I maintain MS Word documents which contain an Update Log section. It would be great if there was a way to copy/paste a Jira link as an object into my word document, so that my change description can contain an tag with a Jira issue # that can take the user directly into the Jira issue to view more details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Thanks, to my teach misstake. if your feeling or think to streight to say,zhope

keybord 106 key and XP is100%
    is maybe. seperate is straight Blindtuch is easyble but yes so big.
    Just peronal like and how to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 서치기능이 세분화되면 좋겠습니다

메시지 상대를 검색할 때 그룹채팅, 개인채팅 뒤섞여 나와서 불편합니다. 검색대상을 세부설정하여 감색 할 수 있으면 좋겠습니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.