Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. While sending meeting invitation we can invite people but there is no option available for "OPTIONAL" attendee

Hi team,

While sending a meeting invitation We should have an option like "OPTIONAL"., so that person's attendance is not compulsory, but he is been informed that invitation has been shared with the required individuals.

In outlook, while sending meeting invitation it is available.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easily Switch User Profile in Computer Application like Mobile Application

Please consider adding to the Microsoft Teams (Computer Application) to flip between different User Profiles like the setting in the Microsoft Teams (Mobile Application)?

I have a Office 365 account for both my school and my work so being able to easily flip between both Office 365 profiles, like in the Microsoft Teams App, would be EXTREMELY helpful in the computer-based application.

Thank you so much for considering this request. I feel this will greatly improve the effectiveness of Teams. I am a major proponent of this application and have been having all of my fellow students use the application…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. invite a user who is not registered as a guest account to Teams as a guest

Users who are not registered in the tenant's guest account with the Office 365 group creation setting enabled cannot be invited to Teams as guests

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. cloud auto attendant

Extension dialing with the cloud auto attendant

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams Telephony needs to mute when in presentation mode

My current teams client is enabled for telephony, but when I'm in presentation mode, phone calls still ring through. Teams needs to understand when the laptop is in presentation mode on, and send calls to voicemail.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow editing of TXT files

Allow editing of TXT files

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Scrap it and return to Skype for Business

Teams does not seem to allow you to collaborate with anyone outside your org. I cannot add outside contacts or teams. This has totally messed up my business. What was the reason for tying our hands and releasing this mess?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Microsoft Teams Invite to Include a Test Link!

The invite on outlook should include a test link in order for users to test their device setup to make phone calls using their machines.

Most business users are used to dialing in while not correctly configuring their input and output voice devices which leave the meeting 5 min in silence.

This mainly applies in web based users who don't have the software installed locally.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Close this stupidest program ever

Worst and most complicated program that I ever saw.
    Check Viber, maybe you can learn something.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Replace Chat for email (outlook in teams), move chat to a separate layout, more professional

Chat will be more accessible if we can move it out of teams and use the chat pane button to access email

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It’s too slow

Speed it up and get better functionality

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pandora interruption

When you are listening to Pandora or streaming music services and someone calls you from Microsoft teams you need to make Microsoft teams interrupt Pandora so you can take the call right now there is no interruption the music keeps playing and you can't take the call it just goes to missed call

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. downvote ideas

Not sure I selected the right category.

I think it would be useful to also add the option to downvote an idea.

Ideas/feature with e.g. 100 votes can get implemented while maybe 1000 people don't like the idea or feature to be added.

Having a downvote option as well may indicate this and prevent unwanted features to be implemented.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create app for Nolt or Feature Upvote

I want access to a simple, inexpensive upvoting platform like Nolt or Feature Upvote. User Voice is too pricey. I want to crowdsource ideas from my team. it would be best to have this function directly within an MS Teams channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please allow pasting formatted code of any language in a chat.

I want to paste a block of javascript, vb, or c#, etc, and have the carriage returns maintained.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Send out a series of auto-emails ref the task exceeded the deadline

Repeatedly AUTO-EMAIL assignee to missed tasks (save the task setter having to chase them). Also, automatically keep a tally of these 'chases'. Automatically create a bottleneck type chart to monitor the average responses which can then either be filtered on specific tasks or on specific personnel all to aid process reporting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. backticks don't work when you paste them or type the first one second

backticks don't work when you paste them or type the first one second

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams clone API

According to the documentation there is a clone graph API which will allow to clone a team however the result of the POST call is empty. It would be better that the POST call should return the guide of a team/group which is going to be created.

Also the doc mentions that the cloning is a long time operation and in order to check if the cloning is complete, make the GET calls... However it doesn't mention which GET call and call what??

Here is the link of the preview API documentation:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/api/team_clone

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base