Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Really see what my student see

Hi, I am using Teams to teach my students while school is closed. I noticed that if I programm a task i can switch to "view as my students see the task" but I still do not see it like my students, so I always have to ask a student to share his/ her desktop so I can explain how they can and have to use the functions and tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Captioning

In addition to actually offering captioning on all video chats, please make it an option in the user's setting that captions will be enabled whenever possible. The feature/power should lie with the user rather than the host of the video meeting. Thank you~

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A more interactive gallery of video calls. Not a good look to only see circles with initial in them to indicate a person is there. Fix thi

The video conference view only holds 4 visual shots - everyone else becomes a bubble - terrible. Change this option to mirro zoom and googel hangouts screenss\

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. putting assignments on the calendar

Would be nice if when a teacher creates an assignment it shows up on the calendar when it is due. Will help students be more organize and let them know what they should be working on and when.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hello emoji as quick reaction

I would like to have a quick reaction to simply say "hi" or "good morning" to people. Every morning my workmates start a conversation with "Hey everone" and all other workmates answer. So multiple "useless" Threads will appear.

It wouldn't be polite to simply not answer, but the "waving hand" emoji as quick reaction would be enough to signalize "hi".

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. mute feature for teachers

From our teacher - Dear Parents,
    As we (the first-grade team) figure out what to do since the DOE has banned us from using Zoom (or even Google Meet for that matter), please be aware that we won't be holding zoom sessions until further notice. We are supposed to migrate to MS Teams but, among other things, it does not allow us to "mute all" and prevent participants from unmuting themselves, which can be a problem with younger students.
    I'm sure this is as upsetting for you as it is for us and we apologize for the inconvenience.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Landing page

Give people a function that allows them to choose freely their group landing page, for example changing ”files” as landing page. This improves user experience and files are the most important place for many in our company (around 7500 employees)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Covid: make Teams compatible with iPad 4 - my kids school uses Teams through the current coved scenario and will likely continue using it.

My kids school uses Teams under the current covid scenario to teach kids. Kids learning is getting compromised due to lack of access via the iPad 4 as that is the only tablet we have at home. Please make this work in the name of microsofts contribution to the community in a crisis like covid

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add pictures as answers in multiple choice.

Add a possibilty for the answers in a multiple choice to be pictures.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Priority Speaking: Automatically mute all mics for 2 seconds when someone stalks talking

A very quick solution for cross talk - which is one of the major complaints for all VC, is to have all mics mute temporarily (approx. 2 seconds) when someone starts talking.
    This would not be too difficult to implement for trial and I think it would significantly reduce cross talk.

A soft beep would also help people know that someone else has priority talking.

The option (or only way, depending on how this should work) to disable cutting people off by only letting this feature activate after silence could work also.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't put the current user at the top of the member list in video call

The current user is always at the top of the list during a call. This is bad especially when doing "stand ups", because it's hard to know when it's your turn (we use alphabetical order for our stand ups)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. have a separate language configuration for the autocorrect

Add a new language configuration for the autocorrect diferent from the UI one

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Assignments

Die vielen Assignments überfluten den allgemeinen Kanal eines Teams und vermindern die Übersichtlichkeit.

Lösungsideen
    - Assignments in einem separaten 'Aufgaben-Kanal' anzeigen
    - Team-Besitzer sollten bestimmen können, ob sie eigene oder fremde Assignments angezeigt erhalten
    - Separates Aufgaben-Tool für jeden Kanal

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to restrict user in creating a Team/Group but allow them on creating Planners

Ability to restrict users in creating a Team/Group but allow them on creating Planners

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. @ Mention API for Microsoft Teams

Would like the ability to post an @mention to Microsoft Teams from the Graph API. We can already post chat messages to a channel, would like to include @ messages to those chats.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Filter Chat by Status

Allow users to filter their recent contacts by Status. Currently, this feature only allows filtering by keyword, unread, meetings, and muted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The website browser inside teams needs ad blocker

When you set up a website tab in a Teams channel there is absolutely no control of that browser. - why does it not just use the browser and plugins of your choice? Or have a settings page for the internal browser where plugins can be added?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Buy Slack and throw away sloppy Team

Slack is 100000000 times better Buy Slack M$.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. open DevTools on Teams for Linux

PC and Mac versions have "Open DevTools" menu item on the app icon.

We need an equivalent on Teams for Linux.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base