Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Request Control Option is not there in Webclient

Currently Request Control option is not enabled/working for the person who is using the Webclient.

If one person is adding a gues in teams who is running webclient. The guest will be able to share his/her screen but the Organizer is unable to request control to the guest screen or Guest is unable to allow control. This feature was available in Skype for Business but for somereasons it's not there in Teams. It would be a great idea to have this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to bulk delete student comments!

It would be super cool if teachers could delete all of a conversation channel rather than deleting comments one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. move or copy without having to go through all folders

Since the recent update, when copying a file or moving a file, there is an arrow redirecting directly to the channel folders homepage. Before we could see the entire path and simply click on the previous subfolder (if that's the one I want to access for example). Now, we can just click on the arrow that brings you back to homepage and then you have to re select all the folders and subfolders desired to reach the final destination. So could we go back to how it was before please? was way simpler and faster!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. set default background for teams meeting

Admin should be able to set default background for teams video meeting's

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How to creat Teams Windows Credentials

I want to know how to creat Teams Windows Credentials.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Team Chats

Would like the ability to hide my prior chat with a person when I send a new chat to the same person

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add checklist items to the middle of the list

I use checklists constantly, but I also find that I often skip smaller steps. It would be much easier for me to click the end of one item and do a hard return to create a new task. Otherwise, I have to click to add one at the end of the list and then re-order. Not a huge deal but I've had to do it maybe 5 times in the last week and those extra steps take time and cause frustration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. cloud auto attendant

Extension dialing with the cloud auto attendant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. mot de passe pour Microsoft Team + possibilité de joindre des dossiers complets...Merci

mot de passe pour Microsoft Team + possibilité de joindre des dossiers complets...Merci

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. API's for call handling

When will a complete set of API's be available to develop telephony related apps? The Voice and Video API's are sorely lacking any meaningful capabilities. Even simple things like answer, transfer, hang up, presence etc are not available.

Customers and Partners are clamoring for us to bring our solution to the Teams platform but, with no useful API's, we're unable to develop our solutions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notification bell when i get message from Group or one-to-one

Hi Team, I feel when I get messages from Group and one-to-one should I get a notification as well as notification sound also, I appreciate if this feature added in this Microsoft Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. link teams Channel

Can we link teams Channel to merge another Channel if they are used for the same purpose ; that way we dont have to delete / remove chats

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams Telephony needs to mute when in presentation mode

My current teams client is enabled for telephony, but when I'm in presentation mode, phone calls still ring through. Teams needs to understand when the laptop is in presentation mode on, and send calls to voicemail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to remove actvity updates on the conversation page

The conversation page gets overloaded with activity, and important messages "disappear" among all updates. It would be good if at least the team owner could "clean up" on the page as to separate important conversation from updates.

- Clean visuals is key :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add tracking for conversations

would like to add conversation tracking for my employees

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Internal vs External Calling

Being able to restrict calls to internal staff only. Ideally would be removing the calling tab on the left, but keep the audio & video chat buttons when in the chat tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create a new note within the channel.

Currently, you can only continue with notes from the past meeting and add new notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.