How Do I Recover an OST File
Working online can be quite frustrating if your internet connection is unstable. You may be compelled to work offline for long periods of time in such an atmosphere. For people who process a large number of emails on a daily basis, Microsoft Exchange Server allows them to work offline. The system generates an OST file that enables you to send emails without using the internet. The OST files are synchronized with the mailbox data on the Exchange Server when the system is connected to the internet.
It will be difficult to synchronize the mailbox data on your computer and the server if the OST file becomes corrupted. If the problem is not handled, you risk losing vital data and having to recreate it. Such occurrences can result in a waste of time and OST recovery process will fail.
Reasons Behind of Corrupted OST File
The corruption of your OST file can be caused by various reasons, including the abrupt shutdown of your email software while working on it. It could happen due to a power outage, a computer problem, or a user-initiated shutdown. Malware could also corrupt the offline mailbox data, rendering it useless. Furthermore, as OST files approach the predefined size limit, they may become unstable. The file may become corrupted if you do not remedy the issue quickly. This is the possible reason for OST corruption and that you need OST recovery methods.
Manual Method For Recovery OST File
Keep in mind that this method works in both Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010. To restore deleted OST data, follow these instructions.
- Go to Control Panel on your system and open Mail.
- From the account list, select the configured email account and click Change.
- From the Change Account page, select "More Settings."
- Go to the Advanced tab and deselect the 'Use Cached Exchange Mode' option. Now, on the Exchange window, click Apply.
- To open the same-named windows, click the "Outlook Data File Settings" button. Click OK after selecting the "Disable Offline Use" button.
- The notice' Outlook will not be able to function with your OST file' will display on the screen. To be forwarded to the More Settings window, select Yes.
- Now you must select the Outlook Data File Settings option once more. Then, on the Browse tab, select an old offline data file and click OK.
- In the Change Account window, select "Use Cached Exchange Mode." Next –> Finish should be selected.
- Open Outlook, and you'll see a notice that says, "Outlook is utilizing an old copy of your OST." To dismiss the message, click OK. Outlook will be relaunched with the missing emails and other data intact. Users will then be able to access their account's emails, contacts, calendar, and other data.
Limitations of Manual Method
If the OST file is too huge, this process OST recovery will fail . Furthermore, this method entails a number of challenging stages. This manual procedure will be difficult for the user, especially if they are a newbie. Aside from these, there may be difficulties such as data corruption and the loss of important information.
Professional Method For OST Recovery
The manual technique, as readers are aware, has some drawbacks. People nowadays, however, are looking for solutions that are simple to implement and do not result in data loss or corruption. As a result, professional applications such as OST Recovery Tool are always recommended.
Export data from a corrupt OST file to other file formats, such as PST.
All Outlook emails items, including as emails, tasks, calendars, contacts, and so on, are recovered.
Ability to recover only the desired data from the.ost file using the Date filter option.
OST data files can be saved in a variety of formats, including PST, MSG, DBX, EML, MBOX, and Archive.
Outlook Encryption is provided for maximum and precise data recovery.
OST files have contain business-critical data, and losing them can be disastrous for your company. So, rather than taking any chances, attempt the procedures listed above to recover corrupt data from an OST file. Because the manual approach of recovering deleted data from an OST file has limits and is difficult to implement, most users opt for the automatic solution. It is not only a quick but also a safe approach to recover emails from an Outlook OST file.
lewis hamilton commented
Here are the steps to recover:
Open Exchange Email application (Outlook) in offline mode.
Click on File menu > Open & Export > Import/Export.
Import & Export wizard will appear, click on Export to a file > Outlook data file (. ...
Choose the OST folders which contain the required Exchange information and click Next button.