Remove hyperlink in chat editor
When pasting text that contains a hyperlink into a chat, the link gets pasted as well. This is fine, but sometimes I don't want the link included (for example, pasting a paragraph from wikipedia will include tons of links that I probably don't care about).
Any one of the following solutions would be fine:
1. Adding an editor button for "Remove link"
2. When editing a link by clicking the "Insert link" button, the pop-up has a "Remove link" option
3. When editing a link by clicking the "Insert link" button, clicking the X in the "Address" input removes the hyperlink
4. The "Clear all formatting" button also clears hyperlinks
5. Right-clicking on the link brings up a "Remove link" option
I am using Microsoft Teams for Desktop (Version 1.3.00.15561) on MacOS Catalina (10.15.6).
Eric Allen commented
@Peter_Vroegindewey, thank you so much for the workaround!
Peter Vroegindewey commented
Apparently - if you set your cursor just to the right of the text containing the hyperlink, and press backspace, it will delete the link and keep the text. Very counter intuitive but still, quicker that cutting the text, pasting it in notepad, copying it again and pasting it back in teams chat!
Mattias Eriksson commented
It's insane that this doesnt exist in the first version of the program. Embarrassing