Phone audio breaks when “Restrictions to dial-outs from meetings of this user.” option is set to “Don’t allow dial-outs”.
I work for a small organization and we only allow people to dial in via toll based numbers. We configured our users so that they can't use the dial-out option. This breaks the "Phone audio" option when joining a meeting and wanting to dial in.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Teams Admin Console: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/dashboard
2. Click “Legacy Portal” in left side navigation
3. Click “audio conferencing” in left side navigation
4. Click “users” tab
5. Select a user with audio conferencing licensed.
6. Click edit icon on right side
7. Change “Restrictions to dial-outs from meetings of this user.” option to “Don’t allow dial-outs”. Wait ? time for settings to propagate across respective systems.
Dan Robson commented
This is such a terrible user experience, we enable our users for dial in but not dial out and now getting the dial in info is really cumbersome. If someone hits Phone Audio they should be presented with the Dial Back option if the organiser is enabled for dial back or the meeting dial in info (number and meeting ID) should be displayed.