Meeting room status update between devices like MTR and meeting room device
We would like to see functionality where, when a person starts a meeting using an MTR (Microsoft Teams Rooms), the meeting room screen (the device just outside the meeting room) is updated to reflect the status change. In other words, when a person walks into a meeting room, starts a meeting using the meeting room MTR, the status on the meeting room screen is updated to show the meeting is started. Also, when the meeting ends earlier, the status of the meeting room device is updated to reflect the same.
1. Organizer#1 schedules a meeting
2. On the day of the meeting, rushes to the meeting room
3. Finding the right room at the right time is especially stressful if it’s a remote worker who goes into the office occasionally
4. With all the other stress, organizer#1 forgets to click on the “Start” button on the Condeco panel (room sign) and walks past it
5. Enters the room, starts the meeting on the MTR or any other device in the room
6. After 15 minutes, Condeco panel thinks that the meeting organizer doesn’t need the room since there was no action taken on the panel
7. Condeco releases the room back to the scheduling system and adds it to the available pool of rooms
8. Meanwhile, organizer#2 who is looking for a meeting room, finds the room available
9. Books it successfully
10. Walks up to the room to find there’s already a meeting happening in the room
11. Taps on the door to alert/alarm the participants
12. Fist fight between the first organizer and the second organizer breaks out
Upon enquiring with the Condeco team, they mention that if they receive a signal from the in-room Teams device (MTR or SurfaceHub or Video Conferencing) then they can use it as a trigger for not releasing the room. In this way, we can preserve the functionality (room release of unused rooms) and also don’t have to worry about the organizer forgetting to click the “Start” button on Condeco thus avoiding the fist fights.