Join meeting directly upon clicking "Join" in Teams calendar, skip the extra "Join" dialog
Today, when clicking "Join" on a meeting in the calendar, we are sent to an extra dialog where we can set microphone to on/mute etc., and we have to click "Join" again to actually join the meeting.
I've been waiting in vain so many times for someone to admit me to the meeting, thinking I already joined the meeting when clicking "Join" in the calendar, when in fact it's a two-step process.
It is certainly good to be able to set microphone on/mute etc. before joining the meeting, but I do expect "Join" to mean that I actually join the meeting.
Could you either change the name of "Join" to something else, or—if you keep the "Join" label—make it join us directly into the meeting without further steps?
Is there already a solution for that? Why on Earth do we have to click "Join" twice? Teams - you're making our daily work more difficult. #bringbackSkype
I have the same problem and the same suggestion for improvement
It's basic User Experience - if I click "join" what on earth do you think I want to do??
Ask me again - are you SURE you want to join?
Jason Eckelbarger commented
Seriously, people who used Skype before are confused why things are more complicated with Teams.
Begging you to do this,
I really wish there was less clicks. This happens to me all the time. I click join, then wait and realize there is no one talking and then realize I have to hit a second join to actually join. Wish there was a default setting we can set to reduce this!
And, when you get an outlook reminder, you have to click join THREE TIMES!
Oh, and you STILL have to make sure you're muted prior to joining!
* avoid browser step with different link `msteams://` https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39932785-add-option-to-automatically-join-a-teams-meeting-a
* pre-meeting join screen https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40177516-join-meeting-directly-upon-clicking-join-in-team
* show meeting started in Activity Feed https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40146862-missed-meeting-join-notification-in-activity
* meeting button https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32413297-join-meeting-button
* double click on meeting to join https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33917149-double-click-meeting-entry-within-meetings-sideb
* android - join meeting from chat/channel https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/40113394-can-t-join-meeting
* customise meeting invite text https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40330231-allow-customized-join-meeting-message
* Join button stays active even if you've joined a meeting https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35541154-rejoin-meeting-should-be-a-button-and-not-just-joi
* more easily switch meeting (un-join/join) https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/913786-microsoft-teams-free/suggestions/40185955-facility-to-un-join-one-meeting-and-join-other
my current workflow for joining a daily recurring meeting is as follows:
* meeting is starting, I get a notification in the bottom right corner of my screen
* I click on the notification, get a Teams screen that shows my camera works and allows me to configure my settings
* there's multiple buttons, I click "Close" - this closes the meeting
* I look through the Teams/Chats/Calls and don't see the ongoing meeting I want to join
* I click on "Calendar" in the side navigation, find the event I added ("Accepted") with Outlook, click on it, then click on the link "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" in the event description, and get taken directly into the meeting (depending on **magic** - in some (3 out of 5) cases it still takes me to a browser)
why this is frustrating for me:
* when I have teams running both locally and in an RDP session, the local notification perfectly covers the one inside the RDP session, and there doesn't appear to be an easy way to "hide"/"snooze" the message
* clicking "Join" in the notification takes me to a screen(1) first, with many options and no clear (useful) path through
* I am confused as I haven't _actually_ joined the meeting yet
* also, instinctively, I click "Close" in response to this screen
* the meeting itself is listed in Chat with its own entry, which I have pinned, but the display doesn't make it obvious
* the display (icon, title, description) "disappear" - they're not significantly different
* the order for Channels/Chats is different on each screen(2)
 the "pre-meeting screen" also appears when the meeting isn't active and using the calendar event description link or "Join" top right in the calendar event
* the Close button on the pre-meeting screen is in the same place as the Join button when you're on the Chat for that meeting
* this Close button looks similar to the Join button, stands out enough to be the main option, and is the only button that feels like a CTA (Call to Action, button/link/message that grabs the user's attention)
 the list of Pinned and un-pinned items follow different ordering systems
* Pinned items seem to use the date they were pinned for ordering, not alphabetical or most recent
* un-pinned Chat items are organised by Most Recent, whereas un-pinned Teams/Channels are organised alphabetically
* make the notification for "Meeting started" appear in the Teams Activity feed too
* make the icon for a chat with an ongoing meeting more obvious (eg bold)
* could change the label of the "Join" button to make it obvious there's choices to make/more buttons to click
* eg "Start joining"
* make the close button on the pre-meeting screen to be more distinctly different, change the location, change the text to eg "Abort"
* change the location (more whitespace) and/or colour for the Join button on the pre-meeting screen to make it a clearer CTA
* allow a user to easily change the order of pinned Meetings/Chats
* bonus points - allow default settings for recurring meetings (eg always show my camera, mute my microphone etc) to skip the pre-meeting screen
* more bonus points - overhaul the Teams UI to make CTA buttons clearer, have better ratios of text/images, less cluttered screens, better icons, improve App management and configuration etc