Add option to automatically join a Teams meeting after clicking "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" from Outlook.
Add option to automatically join a Teams meeting after clicking "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" from Outlook. Now, after I click "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" from Outlook, it launches/opens Teams and then I have to click again "Join" meeting (a meeting I scheduled). It would be nice to automatically start/join the meeting after I already clicked the initial "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting".
Toby Mole commented
The rise of this continual checks in recent software is very frustrating.
"Click me to do the thing" > "do the thing! click me!" > "Are you sure you want to do that thing that clicking that does?" > "Really?" ... Just do it already!! 🤬
* avoid browser step with different link `msteams://` https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39932785-add-option-to-automatically-join-a-teams-meeting-a
* pre-meeting join screen https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40177516-join-meeting-directly-upon-clicking-join-in-team
* show meeting started in Activity Feed https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40146862-missed-meeting-join-notification-in-activity
* meeting button https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32413297-join-meeting-button
* double click on meeting to join https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33917149-double-click-meeting-entry-within-meetings-sideb
* android - join meeting from chat/channel https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/40113394-can-t-join-meeting
* customise meeting invite text https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40330231-allow-customized-join-meeting-message
* Join button stays active even if you've joined a meeting https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35541154-rejoin-meeting-should-be-a-button-and-not-just-joi
* more easily switch meeting (un-join/join) https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/913786-microsoft-teams-free/suggestions/40185955-facility-to-un-join-one-meeting-and-join-other
Safta Razvan commented
YES YES YES! 10000000 YES! why we need to go through a idiotic flow like this in 2020 is beyond me
[Deleted User] commented
There appears to be one solution:
In the Outlook invite, edit the hyperlink to the MS Teams meeting (right click, edit hyperlink).
Replace https:// by msteams:// , leaving the remaining link unchanged.
This will open the meeting directly in MS Teams.
I was always clicking the "Join Online" in the Meeting reminder popup (because it's so convenient), but if I use the buttons in outlook, it skips the annoying browser step. You can also Right-click on the meeting in Outlook's calendar and click on Join Teams Meeting which skips the browser, too.
Aliaksandr Dranitsa commented
I hate this thing! Especially on mobile! Instead of taking you directly to the meeting with safest option "all muted" or whatever (like it did in SfB) it gives you this idiotic dialog!!! Please remove it or let me turn it off!
1. Click "Join" from Outlook Reminders
2. Click "Open Microsoft Teams" from Chrome Browser
3. Click "Join now" (and don't forget to mute your mic!!) on Microsoft Teams